FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: [PATCH] Mount storage by UUID / Label  (Read 138671 times)

Marathin

• View Profile
Re: [PATCH] Mount storage by UUID / Label
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »
Hi to all,

Sorry, but I don't understand which one I have to choose ....Labels or uuid...I' m having 2 USB Hubs ( because as mentioned only max. 4 HDDs per USB Hub on Q10pro pro....One=With 4 external HDD..Two= With 3 external HDD... Each HUB in the Q10 pro

...Do i have to choose Label or uuid...whats the Difference ??

Regards

EdenResident

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2017, 09:36:24 AM »
/mnt/disk-by-label and /mnt/disk-by-uuid this are path you check?  Not one create it?
Your USB device are visible on MediaCenter?

It didn't work for me. I have Android 5. Downloaded the patch. Ran it with option 1 Install Standard. Himedia reboot and then nothing changed. I don't see any new mounts.

Any advice?

My SATA and USB drives are still visible but under /mnt/sda and /mnt/sdb like before. I don't see anything new. There's no /mnt/disk-by-label when I use File Manager or any other apps.

Hello. Could anyone give me some advice how to solve this?

All I want is consistent mount points after reboot.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2017, 12:08:48 PM »

Hello. Could anyone give me some advice how to solve this?

All I want is consistent mount points after reboot.
@ pcristi: Tried to use this script for my Egreat A10 but it did not do anything. Loved to see Volume Labels on that one.
You may PM me if you like me to do some testing.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2017, 06:12:36 PM »
For me Mount_in_fix_point_and_sdcard_media_rw_1.0.7 working with HiMedia Q10/Q5Pro and Egreat A10/A5

From EgreatA10
EgreatA10 --> WD 3TB HDD GPT/NTFS
X9S_F --> 8GB FAT32--> 8GB FAT32 USB flash
X9S_N --> 8GB NTFS --> 8GB NTFS USB flash

Please note this will not make application like ES Explorer/Kodi 16.1/etc to use Volume Labels/UUID

oxanna

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2017, 03:09:22 AM »
For me Mount_in_fix_point_and_sdcard_media_rw_1.0.7 working with HiMedia Q10/Q5Pro and Egreat A10/A5

From EgreatA10
EgreatA10 --> WD 3TB HDD GPT/NTFS
X9S_F --> 8GB FAT32--> 8GB FAT32 USB flash
X9S_N --> 8GB NTFS --> 8GB NTFS USB flash

Please note this will not make application like ES Explorer/Kodi 16.1/etc to use Volume Labels/UUID

i have both egreat A5 and himedia Q5pro (with android  5.1 and firmware1.1.0)  , but the new patch 1.07 not work for me and not see the disks under mnt/media_rw/disk-by-uuid/<uuid>  or label, while  it is working perfect the version 1.06.
p.cristi it's possible to test again this version 1.0.7. thank you

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2017, 08:20:03 AM »
Android 5.1.1 is /mnt/disk-by-uuid/<uuid>
Android 7 is /mnt/media_rw/disk-by-uuid/<uuid>

Old ver: https://www.mediafire.com/?5op0fk4mj8874

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2017, 05:49:46 PM »

Maybe my expectation is wrong or just don't get it what to do, but does not work for me.

First what i expect with only an Internal HDD with VL "A10 DVDs" in A10:
- When connecting from my PC with Samba to see under: /Share/ "A10 DVDs" and not /share/sda/sda2
- When using the standard browser (=files with a10)  not HDD1 but "A10 DVDs"
Maybe that is already a wrong assumption but this is what Realtek RTD1295DD based players all do.

What i do:
- Unpack the "Mount_in_fix_point_and_sdcard_media_rw_1.0.7.rar" to my PC
- Run the batch and make a connection.
- Select option 2, wait it to reboot.
Look via Samba or the standard browser/poster system for a drive (hopefully indicated with the Volume label now)

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2017, 11:03:33 AM »
/Share/ "A10 DVDs" and not /share/sda/sda2 --> this mange by vold, I don't have knowledge how to patch it.
To get little bit closer to your idea open fix_mount.sh with notepad++ and replace  /disk-by-label with empty string for 10 time and RUN_ME.bat with option 1 again.

After reboot will be like that.

Realtek RTD1295DD use UUID for mount, and Zidoo Explorer/ZDMC(fork of SPMC)/Home Theater/etc apps converter to Volume label.
Normal Android Explorer like Es Explorer/Solid Explorer show UUID on my Zidoo X9s.
Samba Server still use sda/sdb/etc and share as Disk_sda1/Disk_sdb1/etc  because is power by openWRT, of course can use own samba template to get need things.

if HiMedia/Egreat want to change to Volume label they application like MediaCenter/EgreatTV can do by itself or wait HiSilicon to do they job and provide a binar(source) vold working proper on SDK with UUID.

That scope of  this script is only to make easy life for Kodi 16.1 user and HiSilicon DLNA users providing fix source for library.

oxanna

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2017, 04:24:01 PM »

thank you pcristi

oxanna

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2017, 02:17:06 AM »
pcristi
can you make a patch for egreat A5 , 1.1.1.9 firmware because the existing patches do not work

derkallevombau

• View Profile
Re: Large files get deleted from HDD
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2017, 02:28:09 AM »
Hi,

I have a q10 pro and installed a 1tb HDD.. I have patched my android 7 system with futeko firmware so it can also be seen on upnp server.

It happened to me twice now that ALL my large files (movies & serie episodes) are deleted from the hard disk. The folders and srt files are still intact.

I watch the files using kodi. I went to my HDD using Asus file Manager. And I can really see the files getting deleted while I am doing nothing strange.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to prevent? ? I'm getting tired if downloading everything time by time again.

Tha ms!

I just experienced the same, it is Asus File Manager that deletes the files! I opened it for the first time after installing the patch, it showed a message on improvements in a new version while I could hear the HDD working, and the message couldn't be closed for several seconds. After that, several folders and subfolders were empty, while the folders itself were still there. Immediately before opening Asus File Manager, I had played some files in these folders to ensure that they had been transferred properly.

So steer clear of Asus File Manager when using this patch! Anyway, would be interesting to know what causes the app to act like this...

derkallevombau

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2017, 03:39:02 PM »
Just tested v1.0.7 of the patch (1st install option, i. e. only mountpoints in /mnt/media_rw) on my Q10 Pro with the new FW v2.0.3, works flawlessly, in case someone is unsure.

dttanh

• View Profile
[PATCH] Mount storage by UUID / Label
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2017, 06:24:30 AM »
I  tested patch v1.07, install option 2 on FW2.03 Q10 PRO. It doesn't work but it work well the same on FW 2.01. However, FW2.01 only play Bluray and DVD but can't read data like mp3 (show file but it can't play

jabidin

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2017, 01:20:26 PM »
pcristi
can you make a patch for egreat A5 , 1.1.1.9 firmware because the existing patches do not work

accurate, does not work >:(

q10pro256

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2017, 03:43:05 PM »
I didn't read the whole thread but why this patch is not included in latest firmwares?

I reverted back to latest 5.1.1 because 7 was too buggy. Added a USB drive and now Kodi can't find anything. Really really annoying.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:48:55 PM by q10pro256 »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024