FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: HIMEDIA H8 OCTA. 7-JAN-2016. FIRMWARE HMD-1.0.9 FUTEKO-EN (12-JAN-2016 RELEASE)  (Read 83710 times)

pepe

• View Profile
no, I do not have a Mediafire premium account!

I am even not registered at Mediafire at all.

Perhaps there are different speed slots over the day for free users at Mediafire?

The 10MByte/sec I got today at 12:00 CET

techc4i

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I am testing new FW, i see it's working good, even moving wallper.
What with Miracast apk? I don't see it. In Q10 its working both on iOS and Android devices.
What with H8?

judoka333

• View Profile
@futeko:

1. why is it Kodi "15.2 RC"? The official Kodi 15.2 is an the market since weeks

2. Which acceleration settings should be activated in Kodi settings:

libstagefright
MediaCodec
rockchipcodec
rockchipcodec23976

Only one of them or all?

With rockchipcodec23976 activated only, I got heavy stuttering with 23.976 fps movies.

I found with libstagefright on i have micro stutters. I just set media codec and rockchipcodec and all runs smoothly.

kevsfx

• View Profile
A few issues I've noticed with the new firmware:
1: very annoyingly, at the end of playing a dvd ISO I now get a playback error message and Kodi then shuts down. This didn't happen with the old firmware.
2: I'm struggling to get Kodi to start up automatically when the box is switched on, this wasn't an issue before the upgrade. I've clicked "default start" for Kodi in "my apps".
3: all of my video files with non-hd audio remain out of sync by 250ms (which I believe is fairly common witty Kodi?); and the majority of my video files with hd-audio (via hdml to amp) remain out at lesser amounts (although, I believe that the sync delay remains constant over the course of the film).

Kevin

fload

• View Profile
Hi,

I started to test firmware 1.0.9 yesterday. Overall I am quite happy with it so far. The status/notification + navigation bar is back. That is already a huge improvement.

What is still problematic is the internal storage reserved for the system & apps (the default location) which is still limited to 2GB. If you install new applications the message about not enough storage still appears - although there would be enough on the general flash memory. So the "system partition" seems to be too small. And some apps (e.g. all system apps, Google drive...) cannot be moved to the SD (the "general flash memory"). Some weeks ago I got the message from Himedia that this would be solved in the new firmware, apparently it isn't.

Cheers,
Flo
+1 for same problem

After some confusing emails from Himedia, I got the following answer:
"The design for the H8(allocating 2GB for system partrition)is already done and can not be changed. Let's say, this setting is like the DNA of H8. So we could make any more change. But for the later model(new model), we might consider allocating a bigger system partrition."

So it looks like we have to live with the small system partition. :(

patraboy

• View Profile
Hi,
the new firmware is pretty good. I was wondering if our administrator (or anyone who is able to), could provide us a link to download, only the kodi version who comes with this firmware.

Thanks in advance

HDMediaplayer

• View Profile
2: I'm struggling to get Kodi to start up automatically when the box is switched on, this wasn't an issue before the upgrade. I've clicked "default start" for Kodi in "my apps".
3: all of my video files with non-hd audio remain out of sync by 250ms (which I believe is fairly common witty Kodi?); and the majority of my video files with hd-audio (via hdml to amp) remain out at lesser amounts (although, I believe that the sync delay remains constant over the course of the film).
Kevin

@kvsfx (Kevin):
to 2. It seems "default start" can not be activated in 1.0.9 for me too.
to 3. Is it possible that you adjusted a fixed 250ms in the 1.0.7 Kodi version and this setting is still active?
After some quick tests I found no 2D-Full-HD-MKV video which is AV asynch with the new FW with Kodi.
Actually I would say that the 1.0.9 is a real improvement for 2D-Full-HD-MKVs.

The AV-Synch problem seems solved with the 1.0.9, but 60% of my untouched 3D-ISOs play not smooth and very rarely show some blocking artefacts with Kodi.
In the old 1.0.7 these videos plays smooth but the audio run away. It seems to me HiMedia "solve" the AV-Synch bug in the 1.0.9 by modifying the video replay speed on-the-fly or skipping some video frames and this causes the movements in the video not looking smooth if the bitrate is high.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:12:51 AM by HDMediaplayer »

owlhugin

• View Profile
I did the update an KODI is craching with:
libstagefright
MediaCodec
rockchipcodec
rockchipcodec23976

on.
As soon as I disable
libstagefright
rockchipcodec

all runs well.

TimoMF

• View Profile
    • Hard-Soft.Meyer-Franke.com German Forum
In the settings is now Bluetooth to find. Is this a mistake? The H8 Octacore has no Bluetooth.
Or was now a support for a USB Bluetooth adapter installed in the new firmware?

Greeting Timo

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In the settings is now Bluetooth to find. Is this a mistake? The H8 Octacore has no Bluetooth.
Or was now a support for a USB Bluetooth adapter installed in the new firmware?

Greeting Timo

Himedia say that H8 still does not support Bluetooth.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I did the update an KODI is craching with:
libstagefright
MediaCodec
rockchipcodec
rockchipcodec23976

on.
As soon as I disable
libstagefright
rockchipcodec

all runs well.

W've had several reports of Kodi crashing and it is something to do with how these decoders interact. Himedia have been informed and are looking at it.

At the moment I'm not sure which should ideally be on. In this thread there are conflicting reports.

owlhugin

• View Profile
W've had several reports of Kodi crashing and it is something to do with how these decoders interact. Himedia have been informed and are looking at it.

At the moment I'm not sure which should ideally be on. In this thread there are conflicting reports.

I don't have problems with KODI as long as I only use the libstagefright and rockchipcodec. I only wanted to report the issue...

I can view all kinds of Videos with this settings and The box an KODI seems to be faster with 1.0.9 :-)

joliverio

• View Profile
I update my H8 yesterday with 1.0.9 firmware and now I am using it. So far I can have the following comments:

1. I am a "simple" user, my H8 is connected into a full HD TV through the HDMI cable. Before I was getting the black screen issue in firmware 1.0.7, that means suddenly the image goes black for a few seconds, sound keep on, and image goes back and movie keep playing. Now with 1.0.9 this black screen problem reduced a lot, much better, but still have randomly.
2. I made a firmware upgrade using the reset buttom, all my installed apps were removed (Normal, I know that), but Kodi keep all the previous settings (I tough Kodi will also have a fresh start, but it was not the case, all settings I did before is kept with new firmware)
3. I have sound sync problem, I always need to advance the sound around 300 ms using Kodi in firmware 1.0.7. With firmware 1.0.9 I get the same behavior, nothing change, I still need to adjust sound +300 ms to get in sync with image. Because the audio delay is fixed I still can watch the movies properly, but need to make this adjustment for every movie I watch
4. Playability seems improved, all files I tried so far plays smoothly.
5. I also have a Q5 (dual core), playability is much better in H8 but picture quality is lower,  the image is pale in H8

In overall I am happy with my H8, in my opinion the biggest blame for H8 is related with Rockchip chipset, Rockchip support seems awful and slow, I can say that because do not have any player with RK3368 chipset that is going very well, all of them have issues, Himedia is still my choice for Android boxes but surely rockchip is out of my wishlist forever.

Once I have more comments to do, I will update my post
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:58:35 PM by joliverio »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I update my H8 yesterday with 1.0.9 firmware and now I am using it. So far I can have the following comments:

1. I am a "simple" user, my H8 is connected into a full HD TV through the HDMI cable. Before I was getting the black screen issue in firmware 1.0.7, that means suddenly the image goes black for a few seconds, sound keep on, and image goes back and movie keep playing. Now with 1.0.9 this black screen problem reduced a lot, much better, but still have randomly.
2. I made a firmware upgrade using the reset buttom, all my installed apps were removed (Normal, I know that), but Kodi keep all the previous settings (I tough Kodi will also have a fresh start, but it was not the case, all settings I did before is kept with new firmware)
3. I have sound sync problem, I always need to advance the sound around 300 ms using Kodi in firmware 1.0.7. With firmware 1.0.9 I get the same behavior, nothing change, I still need to adjust sound +300 ms to get in sync with image. Because the audio delay is fixed I still can watch the movies properly, but need to make this adjustment for every movie I watch
4. Playability seems improved, all files I tried so far plays smoothly.
5. I also have a Q5 (dual core), playability is much better in H8 but picture quality is lower,  the image is pale in H8

In overall I am happy with my H8, in my opinion the biggest blame for H8 is related with Rockchip chipset, Rockchip support seems awful and slow, I can say that because do not have any player with RK3368 chipset that is going very well, all of them have issues, Himedia is still my choice for Android boxes but surely rockchip is out of my wishlist forever.

Once I have more comments to do, I will update my post

1 and 3, I will report back to Himedia.

2, you can reset all Kodi settings by (in Android) going Settings - More - Apps - Kodi - CLEAR DATA.

Glad playback has improved. Himedia will continue to work to improve it.

kevsfx

• View Profile
Kevin

@kvsfx (Kevin):
to 2. It seems "default start" can not be activated in 1.0.9 for me too.
to 3. Is it possible that you adjusted a fixed 250ms in the 1.0.7 Kodi version and this setting is still active?
After some quick tests I found no 2D-Full-HD-MKV video which is AV asynch with the new FW with Kodi.
Actually I would say that the 1.0.9 is a real improvement for 2D-Full-HD-MKVs.

The AV-Synch problem seems solved with the 1.0.9, but 60% of my untouched 3D-ISOs play not smooth and very rarely show some blocking artefacts with Kodi.
In the old 1.0.7 these videos plays smooth but the audio run away. It seems to me HiMedia "solve" the AV-Synch bug in the 1.0.9 by modifying the video replay speed on-the-fly or skipping some video frames and this causes the movements in the video not looking smooth if the bitrate is high.

Hi,

I do have 250ms audio offset set in Kodi so that my 500 or so sd movies plus the majority of my to shows play in sync. Unfortunately, as stated, all DVD iso files now cause Kodi to shut down at the end of playing (this is by far the biggest issue I have with this firmware).

For my hd videos, the offset varies (they aren't all -250ms to account for the preset audio offset). I haven't noticed any major change  here from the previous firmware.

Kevin

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024