FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Good Android Apps and a better remote?  (Read 1755 times)

MartenCC

• View Profile
Good Android Apps and a better remote?
« on: May 18, 2021, 04:16:46 PM »
Hi!
I bought the Pro 4k II in the last week having previously owned the Dune HD and by and large, am happy with the update. I've gone through most threads and I don't think these questions have been answered.

The remote control is a poor version of the old Dune HD remote control (no FF or RW buttons!). Should I keep the old remote control?

The new Pro 4k II cannot play all of my MKV collection (90-95%) unlike my old Dune HD! I found a solution: Android Apps-Media Player and this plays everything. However, the remote control is useless (very few buttons are functional) and even using the old remote control, the "Seek" function doesn't work.
I've installed the phone app .... it's not bad but no seek function again.

Is there a better Android app for playing movies from a disk? Where the remote actually works?
Is there a good android app (in general) for a photo slideshow with music?

Thanks in advance, great forum for info!

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Good Android Apps and a better remote?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 04:27:13 PM »
From my Real Vison review:
Regarding Photo Viewer

It is good to see the online manual for the assignment of keys and options. It is easy to miss a few.

Seen the fact that the player defaults for the highest resolution there is no need to change this for Photo viewing.
Not obvious is the fact that the Music player can be put into the background pressing Home on the remote. You can next fire up the Picture player for a slideshow with your favorite music playing.
Info will only show picture characteristics but no camera meta data. That is a pity.

I expect this to be applicable also to your Pro 4k II player?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 06:12:28 PM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024