FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Dune HD Pro 4K II Netflix Netflix issue  (Read 9705 times)

Slav

• View Profile
Dune HD Pro 4K II Netflix Netflix issue
« on: March 23, 2021, 04:09:36 PM »
Bought Dune HD Pro 4K II here and I've been overal quite happy with it. Until yesterday, when suddenly Netflix decide to show me :

This title is not available to watch instantly.
Please try another title. - 1044
tvq-pb-101(2.10.0)

According to Netflix, this is how it should be fixed: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/111824

Restart your device
Unplug your device from power for at least 1 minute.

While the device is unplugged, press the power button on the device to discharge it.

If you cannot access the power button or your device does not have one, leave your device unplugged for at least 3 minutes.

Plug your device back in.

Turn your device on.

Try Netflix again.

None of that helped.

Tried logging out, logging back in.
Tried erasing cache on Netflix app
tried erasing storage data on Netflix app.
Tried upgrading Netflix to the latest version.
Tried adding a new user profile...

Nothing work. Netflix loads OK, you see those videos previews when you have a title selected, sound is working for the preview....

Then as soon as you continue to play movie or series on the next screen... the above error shows up!

I'm out of ideas here!

Can anybody help?

Slav

• View Profile
Re: Dune HD Pro 4K II Netflix Netflix issue
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 05:42:37 PM »
Also tried contacting Netflix customer support, they weren't much help... Basically suggested things I've already tried.

carlpea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 06:56:32 PM »
Could it be related to:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56496783

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 10:35:06 PM »
My educated guess is that Netflix now simply applied the same policy they had for Zidoo players already now also to Dune players.
In other words these are now being "Banned"  too. Frankly was surprised that still worked.

Welcome to the club. Only a Netflix APP version with SD only support with Stereo sound will work from now on.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:39:56 PM by Nice Monkey »

Slav

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 09:09:56 AM »
Could it be related to:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56496783

That's quite unlikely that Netflix app would actually use Android WebView component for playing the titles.
Besides for Android TV OS there are no updates for Android WebView, just checked...

Slav

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 09:13:59 AM »
My educated guess is that Netflix now simply applied the same policy they had for Zidoo players already now also to Dune players.
In other words these are now being "Banned"  too. Frankly was surprised that still worked.

Welcome to the club. Only a Netflix APP version with SD only support with Stereo sound will work from now on.

I don't think that's the case. The way Dune is getting around the Widevine L1 certification requirement is that it actually reports to Netflix as being NVIDIA SHIELD!

I can see this in device access logs in Netflix account settings.

So unless Netflix also banned NVidia Shield from access to 4K/Dolby Atmos... this should still work!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 09:35:11 AM by Slav »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 10:15:49 AM »

I don't think that's the case. The way Dune is getting around the Widevine L1 certification requirement is that it actually reports to Netflix as being NVIDIA SHIELD!

I can see this in device access logs in Netflix account settings.

So unless Netflix also banned NVidia Shield from access to 4K/Dolby Atmos... this should still work!
May I contradict you? I think Netflix managed to see that trick. Have seen this happening with Dinobot players before doing the same and those guys were threatened to get sued unless they removed it. They released an emergency FW without Netflix which was pushed to their players without an "easy" go back option.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 10:22:42 AM by Nice Monkey »

Slav

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 10:39:15 AM »
Also contacted Dune about this and just got this reply:

Hello,
This problem is caused by some changes on the Netflix side.
We are checking for possible solutions.

So at least it seems they are aware of the problem and trying to do something about it!

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 11:04:51 AM »
Yes they will look into it and remove the APP next. Problem solved as there will be no other way.
My recommendation start looking for another way to watch Netflix or look for other streaming services instead.

Slav

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »
Yes they will look into it and remove the APP next. Problem solved as there will be no other way.
My recommendation start looking for another way to watch Netflix or look for other streaming services instead.

Netflix is a playstore app so I don't think they could just simply "remove" it?

Besides, if Dune is emulating nVidia device request headers when requesting streams from Netflix, how can Netflix tell the difference?

So technically this shouldn't be an issue.

Legaly ? Possibly, but then Dune would have to upgrade firmware that would downgrade the Netflix experience to SD/Stereo.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 03:41:02 PM by Slav »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 11:23:00 PM »
Netflix is a playstore app so I don't think they could just simply "remove" it?

Besides, if Dune is emulating nVidia device request headers when requesting streams from Netflix, how can Netflix tell the difference?

So technically this shouldn't be an issue.

Legaly ? Possibly, but then Dune would have to upgrade firmware that would downgrade the Netflix experience to SD/Stereo.
- Obviously I am talking about removing the FW bundled Netflix APP faking to be the nVidea player.
Not the official one on Play Store (which won't work for sure).
- Netflix engineers are not stupid to get tricked by just the player brandname being faked. The MAC Address e.g. also tells the brand of the manufacturer (ever heard about assigned MAC ranges?), there are serial numbers which can be asked etc.
- I expect Dune to just delete the Netflix App from the FW image. You may be able to install then a version that works with SD/2CH only yourself?

Wait and see: I will end the dialog here but I am a lot less optimistic that it will get fixed.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 02:58:36 PM by Nice Monkey »

Slav

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2021, 11:27:13 AM »
Just received the email from Dune HD today, and it looks like they've fixed the issue!

You need to reinstall the Netflix app by deleting the Netflix app and then select pop up menu > Restore Deleted Applications.

This will force to download the latest Netflix app from Dune.

After this Netflix will function as before.

Balema

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 11:53:55 AM »
It is working but no 4K and it has stereo  :(...

Slav

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 01:41:12 PM »
It is working but no 4K and it has stereo  :(...

Did you do what I've described above? I do have 5.1 Sound and Full HD / 1080p (I' don't have 4K tv)

Balema

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 05:31:09 PM »
Yes, unfortunately no 4K...

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024