FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Dune HD Pro 4K II playback stopping over NAS  (Read 2405 times)

Slav

• View Profile
Dune HD Pro 4K II playback stopping over NAS
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:42:55 AM »
I'm testing my new Dune HD Pro 4K II bought from here last week
and came across several issues, some cosmetic, some are minor annoyances
but there's one that's sort of a showstopper for me!

It happened twice already, I was playing a movie for my kid,  from my PC connected with the gigabyte ethernet cable, just a regular SMB shared folder and suddenly playback stopped. The picture was frozen on a frame but there was no way to resume playback.

When I pressed the exit / back button, it took about a minute to come back to the file list browser view.
After that, I was able to play the file again.

The first time this happened I was playing movie Moana (2GB file 1080p mkv format)
Second time this happens it was playing some older series in SD resolution and .avi format and it happened after playing the third episode.

maybe there's an issue with some kinda of a buffer getting full when playing from NAS, and stoping the playback?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dune HD Pro 4K II playback stopping over NAS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 12:03:21 PM »
It does sound like buffering, certainly shouldn't happen with SD/1080p over Gigabit ethernet.

Possibly a problem with the NAS? Does it work with playback on other devices?

On the Dune the only setting I can think of that might make a difference is Settings - System - Others - Performance mode.

Also, make sure you have latest firmware installed, here: https://dune-hd.com/firmware/pro4k2/

Slav

• View Profile
Re: Dune HD Pro 4K II playback stopping over NAS
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 09:28:23 PM »
It does sound like buffering, certainly shouldn't happen with SD/1080p over Gigabit ethernet.

Possibly a problem with the NAS? Does it work with playback on other devices?

On the Dune the only setting I can think of that might make a difference is Settings - System - Others - Performance mode.

Also, make sure you have latest firmware installed, here: https://dune-hd.com/firmware/pro4k2/

Thanks for your reply, I've owned older DUNE HD player for years, and never had this issue. So it's not with PC, or cable or network... I literally unplugged all the connectors from the old Dune box and reconnected everything to the new one.

I've also contacted Dune via email, they told me to file a bug report when this happens again...

Thanks for the advice on setting, will try...

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024