FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Royal-mail Track & Trace stops at the UK border!  (Read 3397 times)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Royal-mail Track & Trace stops at the UK border!
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:09:39 PM »
Ordered a Dinobot U5 mini but have no clue where it got stuck?

It was send via Royal-mail with Track & Trace but that stops at the border apparently. Not very useful that way. No update since it was shipped internationally:

Saturday 15 December
    04:44am
   Item Leaving the UK
    LANGLEY HWDC

The Dutch post works very reliably and typically delivers next day.  So I doubt they got it.

I know in the UK many think the world ends there at their border but frankly globalization just moves on with or without the UK.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:30:05 PM by Nice Monkey »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Royal-mail Track & Trace stops at the UK border!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »
I apologise for the delay and lack of info. Royal Mail tracking is a mess at the moment due to weight of Christmas post.

Items are getting through, but slower than usual and with little or no tracking info.

Sadly, this happens every year with Royal Mail. It surprises me a little this year because the wealth of alternatives means that Royal Mail volumes are decreasing. I had hoped that the failure of the company would contribute to a better Christmas experience for customers.

It's a bit awkward for us to offer courier shipping on all items due to our flat zero shipping fee, but it is something we're thinking about for next year. The bulk of our mail is now with UPS and this has experienced no delays or tracking problems. So, after Brexshit is resolved somehow, this might not happen again next year.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Royal-mail Track & Trace stops at the UK border!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 05:33:10 PM »
Got it just in time as it is a Christmas gift.  :)

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024