FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Is H8 abandoned by Himedia ?  (Read 5699 times)

mencwelp

• View Profile
Is H8 abandoned by Himedia ?
« on: November 15, 2017, 04:18:30 PM »
AS we all know from the very beginning there were some bugs but we all have patiently waiting to get those bugs fixed.
Everyone knows that RK3368 is capable to run 64bit Android M and N,
It looks like Himedia just decided to not support that product and is not taking any responsibility for it.
 Event last released by Himedia ROM  update for H8 is still based on outdated Android 5 (is 3 years old, Android 6 was released  October 2015, Android 7 August 2016 )
It's shame we owners of H8 didn't know that Himedia will never deliver bugs free software based on a more recent version of Android (M,N..) >:(
With current knowledge of poor support and lack of OS upgrade and bugs proved by Himedia most likely none of us would ever buy H8 or any other product under Himedia brand.
I have even written an email to Himedia with my concerns and they are claiming that product is still supported, but when I have asked them if we customers can count on bugs fixes and upgrade to more recent Android they never get back to me.

So now I'm asking Futeko can you confirm that H8 is no longer supported and we can't expect new firmware anytime soon that will be based on Android 6 or 7 with apply patches for RockChip to support natively  Kodi with RK Hardware acceleration as well as full DRM  support?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:30:51 AM by mencwelp »

kihaennem

• View Profile
Re: Is H8 abandoned by Himedia ?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 01:10:36 PM »
i think yes after q5 q30 q10 pros released--.-

but a wivevine update for this devices would be awesome , for H8 plus i mean...
H8 plus is better then the Xiaomi Mi Box 3, overall performance and stability... only H8 plus not have any Widevine level..... :-\

Please Futeko if its possible (we know it is) just a little update......
netflix and hbo go is working well on this devices.... just poor quality... especially on 4k TV.... but kodi runs smooth in 4k

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024