FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: 3D Ghosting  (Read 40828 times)

steved

• View Profile
Re: 3D Ghosting
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 08:17:07 PM »
In my case every 3D film (iso with framepacking) that I have tried including AVATAR and Transformers..

steved

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 10:40:15 AM »
after being on holiday for a while I have tried 3D again using 1.9.1  on there is definitely a problem with ghosting...maybe this is because their is NO 3D Depth adjustment controls available in the Himedia Internal Player.  I used to own a Himedia 900B  and when this control was used I could eliminate Ghosting to  a very low level by adjusting the 3D depth up or down to suit each film.

Is it possible that this is now fixed at a new level..

hdmkv

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 02:11:50 AM »
Hi-deft Media Keen Videosaurus

hdmkv

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 03:50:38 PM »
So, I figured out the ghosting issue, at least in my case. The culprit? Type of 3D glasses used. I've let HiMedia know and asked them to test at their end. I have 3 brands/type of DLP-link glasses I use with my 3D projector, and depending on which 3D ISO I tried, one pair of glasses exhibited ghosting (very noticeable), while others looked perfect. Other movies, all 3 sets of glasses looked fine.

Those of you seeing ghosting, if you have more than one brand or type of 3D glasses, can you please test. Thanks.

steved

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 10:28:17 AM »
Myself I only have the Epson 3D glasses and for me there was no ghosting in the original firmware but since applying the latest versions however the ghosting has appeared and very severe in some films. It's already well documented that some non original glasses can either improve or worsen a 3d movie experience. So with that in mind I don't think it's glasses as mine have not changed from when I first bought the himedia and I feel it's the wrapper that may the problem even though this is an excellent feature

hdmkv

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 06:00:03 PM »
I don't know. Glasses shouldn't matter, but in my tests with 'Avatar' and a few other random 3D ISO's, they did on Q5. I'd immediately notice the ghosting with a certain pair, then put on a different pair, and no ghosting. With Raspberry Pi2 and the latest Kodi 16 builds, testing MVC MKV's, glasses made no difference, which is how it should be. There's something funky going on. Hope the engineers looun & I are in contact with test further with different 3D displays, glasses and firmware combinations.

steved

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »
Okay great. I forgot to mention that my Epson is an LCD projector and not DLP would that make a difference ? Also the Epson glasses I believe run at 480hz could that be another factor which may then also make things seem like the glasses are at fault if they only run at say 240Hz
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:49:09 PM by steved »

hdmkv

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »
Well, HiMedia engineers have replied and said they "tried different TVs with different glasses, but didn't see the issue." Don't know where that leaves us. It is hard to show this issue in photos, so other than seeing the ghosting issue for yourself, don't know how we can convey it.

steved

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 09:55:22 PM »
Yes I think you maybe right and I am not sure how to convince them neither. I just know that I have one particular favourite 3D video where 3 or 4 objects literally dance around the room and appear to dance close to your face this is very impressive to watch and shows how good 3D can be when done properly. When I first bought the Q10 this video had been perfect with no ghosting and very crisp bright images.  However now I can very clearly see a ghosting on each side of each object and is not as impressive.

Maybe you could ask them to run some test on a projector screen up to 100".

hdmkv

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 01:29:30 PM »
Will suggest that as I'm viewing on a 133" screen. The other issue that's bothersome is audio dropouts, which I noticed last night while watching a 2D MKV with standard DTS. It was happening like every 10 minutes.

steved

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 10:34:25 PM »
I have had a similar thing with audio to the point that I powered down the unit and re-started. this appeared to work and the dropouts stopped.  I think maybe the dropouts are more a Kodi issue ?

hdmkv

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 11:19:09 PM »
Not a Kodi issue as we're relying on HiMediaPlayer (via wrapper) vs. Kodi's DVDPlayer.

steved

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2015, 03:11:54 PM »
so you don't get dropouts when viewing with the Kodi DVD player ?.  I must admit I don't suffer dropouts myself when using the Himedia player.   Do you still get dropouts if you play the direct and not via kodi/wrapper ??

hdmkv

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »
Not w/Kodi's internal player, but you lose 23.976 and HD audio. With HiMediaPlayer and audio dropouts, I had not noticed until recently as well, but I had not had time to use my Q5 much either. I think the issue got introduced with the 23.976 fix recently.

steved

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »
suppose its possible that the 23.976 fix as also caused the 3D Ghosting issues that some of us may be having too.
noticed its been a while since the last update too so maybe they are working hard at Himedia to solve these minor issues before releasing the next update 10 ??

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024