FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: HDD Transfer  (Read 2731 times)

foxxy

• View Profile
HDD Transfer
« on: March 27, 2022, 11:11:51 PM »
Just a quick one - I have an 8TB drive that I used in my previous box (HiMedia Q10 Pro).

It has my collection of films on it.

As the Zidoo Z10 Pro box also runs on Android, if I plug in the HDD from the Q10 Pro into to the Zidoo box, will it recognise the drive and its files? Or will I need to do a fresh format of the drive?

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: HDD Transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 08:11:19 AM »
Normally that should work. If it was originally formatted under Windows it will work for sure.
Swap my HDD's between all my player brands and Windows constantly (using SATA HDD docking).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 08:13:15 AM by Nice Monkey »

foxxy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 03:22:15 PM »
Normally that should work. If it was originally formatted under Windows it will work for sure.
Swap my HDD's between all my player brands and Windows constantly (using SATA HDD docking).

Thanks. I'll give it a try. It was initially formatted under Windows before it was inserted into the Q10 pro box.

I think it needed initialising by the Q10 Pro box before it was fully usable. So it has the normal Android file structures and comes up as sda1 etc

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 05:18:52 PM »
Just a quick one - I have an 8TB drive that I used in my previous box (HiMedia Q10 Pro).

It has my collection of films on it.

As the Zidoo Z10 Pro box also runs on Android, if I plug in the HDD from the Q10 Pro into to the Zidoo box, will it recognise the drive and its files? Or will I need to do a fresh format of the drive?
I did exactly this in my Z1000 Pro.  It recognised the 8Tb HDD as soon as it was switched on and can play all the contents perfeclty, with no changes required (was formated NTFS on a PC).

I did find my 8Tb 7200rpm HGST HDD much noisier than when it was inside the Q10Pro.  As per another thread here (suggested by @Nice Monkey), a month later, it has been replaced with a slower 5Tb 2.5" laptop drive and is now virtually silent.

foxxy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 07:00:42 PM »
I did exactly this in my Z1000 Pro.  It recognised the 8Tb HDD as soon as it was switched on and can play all the contents perfeclty, with no changes required (was formated NTFS on a PC).

I did find my 8Tb 7200rpm HGST HDD much noisier than when it was inside the Q10Pro.  As per another thread here (suggested by @Nice Monkey), a month later, it has been replaced with a slower 5Tb 2.5" laptop drive and is now virtually silent.

Okay, so it worked perfectly. The Zidoo box found all my files ;)

I too noticed that the HDD is now way louder compared to the Q10 Pro. It's constantly making that annoying farting noise.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 07:27:37 AM »
Yep. This is well known. I always admired the perfect top-loader construction of the Himedia Q10 Pro. It was cool and silent no other box came ever near to that.

Maybe except my Xtreamer eXpress which was pretty good too. That one used a plastic tray to hold the HDD making it a front loader. Added some pads to that tray myself. This to align the HDD for hot swapping and further silence it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 07:34:08 AM by Nice Monkey »

izakkimsey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 12:49:29 PM »
I had the same issue, and it actually worked. I’m glad your problem has been solved. Tbh my friend who works at https://zumroad.com/tech had the same issue. And, you know, he’s the only person I know who knows literally everything about HDDs, SSDs, and everything storage related. He’s keen on it. Anyway, everything works fine now. So, keep us updated on any new problems you face. People are here to help each other. That’s why I love forums so much. So, best wishes to you guys. Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 10:15:26 AM by izakkimsey »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024