United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1080684 times)

edsirio

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2017, 03:59:45 PM »
Hello to everybody,

i've installed 2.04 official and then, after some small problem to the internal hdd, i tried the custom firmware. Unfortunately i came back to the official, the system was too slow and no possibility to read the internal hdd.

Just for your information, with official firmware no problem for some days, then no possibility to write to the internal hdd, i still do not understand why. I've installed Flud as torrent client, with the download of my preferred files to the internal hdd. Today morning i had an error and from that, the hdd is "read only". Someone of you have had some similar problem and found the solution?
Now i'm waiting after re-install of official firmware, to try to copy some file into the hdd and understand if everything's normal again.

Anyway, the custom firmware needs to be installed to the old 2.03 or over the new 2.04 official also? if yes to the second way, some reason about the impossibility to recognise the hdd?

thanks to who will help me

regards

eruo1

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 16, 2017, 08:16:14 PM »
New HiMediaVideoPlayer is like that in both official and CFW 2.0.4.
For restore old HiMediaVideoPlayer download restore(old_player)_HiMediaVideoPlayer_1.0.11_HMD_0411(AirMouse_inputs_support).zip rename to update.zip and apply from Setting/Upgrade/Local Upgrade. In case want new HiMediaVideoPlayer again use this update.zip with restore method.

From the CFW 2.0.4 changelog: - New HiMediaVideoPlayer(VideoPlayer VideoPlay) not accept AirMouse/HiControl inputs

Is this just with the CFW or with the official 2.0.4 also?

And what does it mean exactly in the case of an airmouse? It just doesn't react to the mouse pointer or entirely, even the buttons are useless?!

Thank you!
@Pcristi, I am unable to restore the new HimediaVideoPlayer using this patch. Could you help confirm it works?

Thank you

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 16, 2017, 08:31:15 PM »
@Pcristi, I am unable to restore the new HimediaVideoPlayer using this patch. Could you help confirm it works?

Thank you

Yes is works for me.
Look like new recovery from FW 2.0.4 don't accepted from first try, sometime need to try 2 times consecutive.
So download restore(old_player)_HiMediaVideoPlayer_1.0.11_HMD_0411(AirMouse_inputs_support).zip, rename to update.zip copy to USB stick.
Apply from Setting/Upgrade/Local Upgrade/USB_x to get old player HiMediaVideoPlayer_1.0.11_HMD_0411 from CFW 2.0.3.
In case want new HiMediaVideoPlayer(VideoPlayer VideoPlay) again use this update.zip with restore method(paper clip).

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 17, 2017, 01:15:19 AM »
Latest custom firmware is working perfectly. Netflix, HBO Go and everyting else is working as it should. I do not have enough thanks to give to @pcristi.

Many thanks @tmihai20 for first cups of coffee.

So after years of support CFW for HiMedia devices is time to make public a link for people witch like my work and want to drink a coffee together.
Please visit Thank you.

dddp

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 17, 2017, 02:15:29 AM »
edited

Anyway, the custom firmware needs to be installed to the old 2.03 or over the new 2.04 official also? - EDIT, i read back and it seems you can install over official 2.04 using the "restore" method - how does this method work please? I'm sorry, i'm fairly new to this process

as the post above says - can the custom firmware be installed over the official 2.04 version?

Hoping to regain high definition multi channel audio, DTS-HD etc, that i had under android 5 and 1.09 firmware but updating to android 7 and 2.04 seems to have been lost in the official 2.04 firmware

any help greatly appreciated, thank you
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:50:14 AM by dddp »

eruo1

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 17, 2017, 04:26:12 AM »

Thank you

Yes is works for me.
Look like new recovery from FW 2.0.4 don't accepted from first try, sometime need to try 2 times consecutive.
So download restore(old_player)_HiMediaVideoPlayer_1.0.11_HMD_0411(AirMouse_inputs_support).zip, rename to update.zip copy to USB stick.
Apply from Setting/Upgrade/Local Upgrade/USB_x to get old player HiMediaVideoPlayer_1.0.11_HMD_0411 from CFW 2.0.3.
In case want new HiMediaVideoPlayer(VideoPlayer VideoPlay) again use this update.zip with restore method(paper clip).

Thank you @Pcristi. It works like a charm.

q10pro1

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 17, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »
With this CFW 2.0.4 also play dvd.iso with HIMEDIAplay or not?
thank you

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 17, 2017, 03:03:52 PM »
With this CFW 2.0.4 also play dvd.iso with HIMEDIAplay or not?
thank you

NO. Are not Android player witch can deal proper with dvd.iso format. Please read OP.
The custom firmwares have an improved user interface including skinned Media Player, update and add apps, and in some cases fix bugs.

dukunmagic

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 19, 2017, 05:21:23 AM »
Hi, I've installed 2.04 custom firmware, and everything seems Good so far.

1 thing that I notice and am still a bit confused is on playing Blu-Ray TV Show with menu just like DVD Menu.
For example : Blu-Ray "Friends" Season 8 where the folder contains several episodes.
Kodi won't play.
It will work only if I browse to the file folder, and select index.bdmv by hold & press, then choose "Play using..", I choose Video Player,
then it plays but only first episode, then stop. It doesn't continue to next episode, nor show the Blu-Ray / DVD Menu where we can choose the episodes.

I finally seems to be able to play it correctly (show menu) if I change the wrapper setting to Kodi Player.

Could somebody confirm on these below :
1. If we want to play Blu-Ray with correct audio, framerate, etc, better set wrapper to use himedia internal video player.
2. if we need to play DVD Menu DVD or Blu-Ray copy, then we need to set to Kodi player.
Is that correct ?

Is there any other simpler solution then to change wrapper setting ?
Do we need to restart / reboot Q10 Pro everytime we change wrapper setting for it to take effect ?

Will Futeko enhance their internal  video player to be able to play DVD Menu correctly ? in the coming firmware probably ?

Thanks.

pepok

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 19, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »
Hi pcristi,
Thanks for your effort.
I cannot download the new 2.0.4 custom firmware via Mediafire (after signing up to it).
What should I do ?
Thanks.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2017, 11:44:56 AM »
Hi pcristi,
Thanks for your effort.
I cannot download the new 2.0.4 custom firmware via Mediafire (after signing up to it).
What should I do ?
Thanks.

You don't have to sign up for mediafire. Just click on the download link and it will start downloading. What platform/browser are you using?

pepok

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 20, 2017, 01:55:51 AM »
Thanks Futeko,
It's solved and the firmware works very well (w Kodi 17.3 Krypton 5.1 passthrough option on native media player)

pereira69

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2017, 01:52:28 PM »
Hello pcristi, will it be possible to adapt to 2.0.4 with the new youtube 2.0  4k? I can not remove the youtube icon from the main page, I think it would be a good idea to adapt this type image 2.0.4.1 with the new youtube 4k; I'm sorry for my english.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
Hello pcristi!

Maybe you would know this better: does the HiMediaPlayer in official 2.0.4 have any other issues/deficits compared to the 2.0.3 version rather than the airmouse incompatibility? Any other reasons why you choose to change back to the older version?!

I'm hesitating to choose, so if the newest HimediaPlayer is otherwise OK (and not any lamer than the 2.0.3 version), than I guess I will go with your latest "Fixed" CFW 2.0.4 and reinstall the original 2.0.4 HiMediaPlayer.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:16:49 PM by Mount81 »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2017, 03:01:39 PM »
Hello pcristi, will it be possible to adapt to 2.0.4 with the new youtube 2.0  4k? I can not remove the youtube icon from the main page, I think it would be a good idea to adapt this type image 2.0.4.1 with the new youtube 4k; I'm sorry for my english.

Please read "How to change home screen apps?"  from Q5/Q10 Pro FAQ topic GUI sections.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024