United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: HiMedia Q10 Pro - 2.0.5 running several days - NOW System UI has stopped  (Read 7827 times)

hjkaye

• View Profile
Have had the Q10 Pro a couple of weeks, updated the firmware to 2.0.5 pretty much right away. Been using it on and off since then.

Today was using it a lot, mostly netflix which they fixed for me. And watched two titles, then it's just sitting there for like 30 minutes, up pops:

System UI has stopped
  • Close app[/b] repeatedly.

Tried several restarts, no good. Power off/on, No good... crashing in a loop....

How can I fix?

Phil181

• View Profile
Re: HiMedia Q10 Pro - 2.0.5 running several days - NOW System UI has stopped
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 03:26:14 AM »
I'd suggest re-installing firmware 2.0.5 as something may have been overwritten with whatever you "fixed".

hjkaye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 11:22:47 PM »
I was following a thread somewhere else how to boot into recovery and clear cache , which did not work and it reset back to native 2.0.5. Seems the firmware reset has solved the UI failure, but everything is undone all my kodi setup, apps installed etc, gone, now I'm afraid to set it all up again only to have to reset again.

Netflix changed something on their end to make my netflix work, I didn't have to do anything except reboot.

After the firmware reset, I had to reinstall a 4.x version as Netflix has vanished from the Play store as documented in other threads, later versions won't start, even the 4.x version crashes occasionally. Without Netflix this box is 50% useless to me. Questions:
  • When will netflix be back to "official" and working?
  • When will wrapper support ISO DVD menus? I have hundreds of DVD's I've ripped to ISO, I have a 10 year old media player that handles DVD menus flawlessly!
  • How to boot the box to recovery mode?
  • When is the next firmware due?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »
  • When will netflix be back to "official" and working?
  • When will wrapper support ISO DVD menus? I have hundreds of DVD's I've ripped to ISO, I have a 10 year old media player that handles DVD menus flawlessly!
  • How to boot the box to recovery mode?
  • When is the next firmware due?

Instead of a factory reset (which I think you have done) you should reinstall firmware using restore button method (as described in our firm ware threads). A factory reset loses some system apps installed on first boot after firmware install.

1. It's up to Netflix when or if they fix their app.
2. We keep asking HiMedia for this but it has not happened. I don't know when or if they will implement it. Kodi can display DVD menus using it's native player.
3. Not possible on HiSilicon chipsets.
4. No info at the moment.

hjkaye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 03:50:27 AM »
I'd suggest re-installing firmware 2.0.5 as something may have been overwritten with whatever you "fixed".

Ok, how do I "reinstall" vs resetting back? This has happened again without any fix, even though Netflix was acting up again, I didn't contact them this time. I was using it last night on Kodi, no issue, turned it off. Today at power up, System UI has stopped in a loop.

Definitely starting  to regret this purchase. Sigh.. 

Help?

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 05:07:01 AM »

Ok, how do I "reinstall" vs resetting back? This has happened again without any fix, even though Netflix was acting up again, I didn't contact them this time. I was using it last night on Kodi, no issue, turned it off. Today at power up, System UI has stopped in a loop.

Definitely starting  to regret this purchase. Sigh.. 

Help?
No need for regrets, as noted above, use the "pin method" described in the firmware thread:
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2289.0
It is quite easy to do and brings box back to new condition (so all settings need to be changed to suit your situation).

You will also want to update Kodi to 17.5.1 (from Kodi.tv rather than PlayStore for the moment) so it fixes the Kodi reboot loop.

hjkaye

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 08:37:19 PM »
Regrets are that I ONCE AGAIN have to reinstall everything, all the add-ons etc. I've spent 10x more time installing firmware and apps and reinstalling firmware and installing stuff than actually using this box.

I'm beginning to fear turning it on. It really has been a dog's breakfast.

Regrets? There be plenty.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 01:15:24 PM »
Because you are the only user reporting these extreme problems, I think the cause is something to do with what you are installing on the box.

Q10 Pro is very stable streaming movies and running normal Android apps.

hjkaye

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 10:16:01 PM »
Because you are the only user reporting these extreme problems, I think the cause is something to do with what you are installing on the box.

The only think I installed is Netflix, and not this time since it seems to not be supported anymore :( and Kodi Covenant. I did add a media player(Poweramp) I've used on other android devices before, but not since the first UI problem.

As of right now, I have only updated Kodi . Hopefully I can add Covenant at some point, but I am tired of reinstalling stuff. When will the firmware be available in over the air so we don't have to reinstall stuff every update?

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 06:28:29 AM »

The only think I installed is Netflix, and not this time since it seems to not be supported anymore :( and Kodi Covenant. I did add a media player(Poweramp) I've used on other android devices before, but not since the first UI problem.

As of right now, I have only updated Kodi . Hopefully I can add Covenant at some point, but I am tired of reinstalling stuff. When will the firmware be available in over the air so we don't have to reinstall stuff every update?

You don't have to reinstall everything with any firmware. The restore button method is recommended but it's not mandatory.
From Himedia:
"
Firmware upgrade from Settings Menu (user data will not be cleared)

1.Download a new firmware and place the firmware onto the ROOT directory of a USB drive.
2.Plug the USB drive into an empty USB HOST on the SMART TV BOX.
3.Go to Settings?System?System upgrade to select/click the letter of the USB drive.
4.The SMART TV BOX will begin upgrading the firmware from the USB drive.
5. Wait for the SMART TV BOX to complete the upgrade. Please be patient as it may take around 5 minutes to complete.
6. When finished, The SMART TV BOX will auto reboot. "

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 08:56:54 AM »
and Kodi Covenant.

That represents a major overhaul of Kodi, installing multiple piracy add-ons. I would be pointing the finger at those add-ons.

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 11:08:31 AM »
and Kodi Covenant.

That represents a major overhaul of Kodi, installing multiple piracy add-ons. I would be pointing the finger at those add-ons.

I have installed Covenant about a week ago and didn't had any issues yet. Shouldn't kodi add-ons cause problems only after open kodi?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 11:45:56 AM »
I have installed Covenant about a week ago and didn't had any issues yet. Shouldn't kodi add-ons cause problems only after open kodi?

Yes, but the add-ons when running might cause system problems that persist beyond Kodi. Kodi and it's add-ons don't exist in isolation from the rest of the system.

There should be no problem with Kodi addons, but in this user's case there is clearly something causing problems and that repo is full of 3rd party add-ons of dubious origin.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024