FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: 3D Playback - right glass flickers out off sync  (Read 6926 times)

afss

• View Profile
Re: 3D Playback - right glass flickers out off sync
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 12:47:49 PM »
I gave up using my Q5 Pro for 3D playback. The main issues are:

- Stuttering due to  wrong framerate playback (it is not 23.976 fps). Affects both ISO or BD folder.
- Subtitles  do not playback in 3D, causing severe eye strain

I have recently purchased the Zidoo X9S and it works perfectly with 3D - no issues at all. If I could only make the X9S work with BD-ROM it would completely replace the Himedia player.

DrDoOm

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 12:24:52 PM »
Well, I will have to use the RPi3 for 3D Movies and the q5pro for everything else.

Maybe someday I will find a decent box which runs Libreelec with 4k+HDR. The Odroid C2 is great, but lacks HDR und Frame-Packed 3D-Playback.

Someday...

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 12:47:35 PM »
Amlogic S905X and S912 Boxes can do 4K / HDR with Libre Elec and with it's successor the Core Elec. (However it's still unclear if S905X does native 10bit output or just refined from 8bit to 10bit with dithering.  Reportedly S912 HAS proper, native 10bit output, but it's just came just as reliable in overall terms with the latest CE as the S905X was on LE. And as far as I'm informed the latest CE also missing the 4K 10bit output option somehow. However it's still in development (the LE is not anymore on these SOCs) and who knows what they would refine next. And there's still the OSMC for S905X, which reported to have proper 10bit (if I'm not mistaking) , but only with manual switching (at the moment). I'm keeping my eye on them for sure...)

However:  neither will do Full-HD 3D MVC, only in half-res.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:51:23 PM by Mount81 »

DrDoOm

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 08:38:03 AM »
Thanks for the hint, Mount81. I tried the Minix U9 Neo(S912 Chip - 1GBit Lan) with the latest LibreElec by wrxtasy. It works fine regarding 4k, 10bit, 24p, passthrough audio playback. 

Full-HD 3D MVCs on the otherhand is not supported, just like you stated. I will revert to the Rpi3 for 3d playback.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024