FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: How to revert "black screen" setting in the menu that bricked my Dune HD 4k Max?  (Read 471 times)

sebna

• View Profile
Hi All,

I was checking the settings and stumbled upon something deciding about what the device does when starting and there were two options. Start to menu or start to black screen.

I have selected start to black screen and now when it reboots I can see Dune logo but after that just a black screen (at the same time I have also changed for the power button to completely shutdown down device rather than to put it into sleep. if it matters, but I was powering it down with the switch on the wall socket numerous times and it never had problem coming back so I assume it is the "black screen" option that causes the problem here). The only button on the remote control that invokes any reaction on the screen is volume up / down and mute, which brings brief graphical confirmation of the changes but no other button seems to have any visible action and I cannot get out of the black screen mode.

Restart of the device does not help.

Can you guys offer a solution how to get out of the black screen / how to get to options to disable it? Also what is the use of it?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 10:34:33 AM by sebna »

Cheeky Minkey

• View Profile

I had this problem too:
1. Switch off player/standby.
2. On the rear, use a pin/paper clip or similar, press and hold 'in' the reset button (by the Main HDMI cable slot) and turn on the front power button and wait.
3. The Dune should boot into a text menu of options.
4. With your remote use the 'up and down' keys to select "Reset Settings"
Then go through the the normal setup again.

sakgoz79

• View Profile
I've same issue with Dune real vision 4K so my Dune real vision pro has issue so when I Emergency settings reset procedure I reboot my device  After the reboot, the settings screen appears. After selecting the options here, the message Checking for firmware updates finally appears and the device freezes.  I'm attaching a picture of the screen where it freezes below. I tried both manual and automatic adjustment options. In all of them, the device freezes on this screen and when I restart it, it remains on a black screen. I tried the last 3 firmwares one by one by following the Emergency firmware recovery procedure to see if it might be a firmware issue, but the result is the same in all of them. How do I solve this problem?

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024