United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: HiMediQ10 difference between Musicplayer and Videoplayer?!  (Read 3111 times)

H@ns

• Livin' in sound!
    • View Profile
HiMediQ10 difference between Musicplayer and Videoplayer?!
« on: December 20, 2017, 12:16:07 AM »
Hello people,

I have a problem with my mediaplayer playback...

Maybe it is known here, but i could not find it... First my cables in the Q10 Pro:
Analog cinch to AVR for Zone2, HDMI to AVR for image and Fiber s/p Dif to AVR for audio.
Television is wired through AVR on HDMI.

Now my problem:  When i play/stream a music dvd or videofiles and only want to listen music, i turn off the TV and the music continues.
When i play/stream only music/audio only files through the Q10 Pro and i turn off the TV, my AVR system shuts down and the music stops.

I have been looking for solutions everywhere, but is seems unsolvable.

It looks like there are 2 different players at work, but they work different.
And i  like to start selecting music on the TV from the right folder and then shut down TV!

Now i only can listen to music streams from my computer with the TV on!

Does anybody recognize this and maybe have a clue or solution for me!

Many thanx in advance!

H@ns
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 12:25:32 AM by H@ns »
5.1.2 Dolby Atmos Setup:
Denon AVR-X2300 WBK
Himedia Q10 Pro Mediaplayer
Front L/R: Mission M66i
Center: Mission EC3
Rear L/R:  Mission M7dS-Dipole
Atmos Ceiling L/R: Mission M7dS-Dipole

stl

• View Profile
Re: HiMediQ10 difference between Musicplayer and Videoplayer?!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:43:30 AM »
Hi,

Does the Q10 also shuts down? There's an option in settings to turn off when it doesn't detect a HDMI connection (shouldn't be the case).
Maybe your AV receiver is shutting down because it's configured to do so if it doesn't detect refreshed incoming video signal for some time . Check if you have an option to disable that feature.
In you AV receiver select source to SPDIF when you just want to listen to music.

H@ns

• Livin' in sound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 02:08:12 PM »
Hi STL!

Thanx for the reply, i had no forummessage about it. No, my Q10 is not going down only the music to AVR signal from the Denon. The Q10 pauzes untill i put TV on again and can continue playing, but i like to play music with TV off, like in music video's. There it works perfectly. About "In you AV receiver select source to SPDIF when you just want to listen to music." Do you mean i have to select that every time when i want to play music or keep it that way? I downloaded Android VLC Player also and tried it with this player. Same problem TV off, music stops...
5.1.2 Dolby Atmos Setup:
Denon AVR-X2300 WBK
Himedia Q10 Pro Mediaplayer
Front L/R: Mission M66i
Center: Mission EC3
Rear L/R:  Mission M7dS-Dipole
Atmos Ceiling L/R: Mission M7dS-Dipole

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:47:31 PM »
Hi STL!

Thanx for the reply, i had no forummessage about it. No, my Q10 is not going down only the music to AVR signal from the Denon. The Q10 pauzes untill i put TV on again and can continue playing, but i like to play music with TV off, like in music video's. There it works perfectly. About "In you AV receiver select source to SPDIF when you just want to listen to music." Do you mean i have to select that every time when i want to play music or keep it that way? I downloaded Android VLC Player also and tried it with this player. Same problem TV off, music stops...

I think you would have to select SPDIF every time and use an extra optic fiber cable

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024