FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Integration between Q10 Pro and Kodi Leia  (Read 48434 times)

maelor

• View Profile
Re: Integration between Q10 Pro and Kodi Leia
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »
"KODI has Stopped Working" pop-up while playing back video with Wrapper.

That's what I'm getting EVERY time  >:(!

Could it be when the screen resolution and frequency of the video are being changed????
Zidoo Z1000 Pro | Firmware 6.3.40_G | Zidoo V9 AirMouse Remote | WD Red 8Tb HDD

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2019, 11:49:19 AM »
ALSO could be, but in my case, i don't think so. The KODI GUI is FHD, and my TV is also FHD, so no res change this time, and it also happened minutes after playback has started, or just when I've seeked forward into the video. Reported on KODI Android Forum, if some others from here could, please also post there a few line reassuring complain in the Thread to be taken more seriously.   

Jonyvf

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2019, 12:41:52 PM »
And when watching a movie if we stop the movie with back button the kodi stop and we go to the himedia home menu
Awensome

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »
I have recently updated firmware to CFW 2.1.1 and updated Kodi to full release 18.0 (and changed Q10Pro power supply..... long story.....).

Using standard wrapper settings (in Kodi) has been going fine (so far) for HD video playback for movies and TV Shows.  Files accessed from USB HDD and networked NAS' using Samba.  Passthrough 7.1 audio working as usual (using all RAW settings).

So far, I can not see any big reason to change from stable Kodi 17.6 and skin/operation is very similar. 
I also had trouble "restoring" Kodi Backup from 17.6 (it does warn the back-up is from another version) and had to extensively re-update Kodi's video library, losing ticks on episodes watched......

dliedke

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2019, 12:52:04 PM »
I had too much issues with KODI 18. I rolled back to stable 17.6 using apk from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/ and disabled updates in google play. Then set the Wrapper again in My Apps.

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2019, 04:22:47 PM »
Kodi 18 is a disaster, stay with 17.6 for now

atkinsom

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2019, 08:18:18 PM »

I'm using 18 RC4 and that works very well overall...everything before and after is quirky at best.

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2019, 08:37:04 PM »

I'm using 18 RC4 and that works very well overall...everything before and after is quirky at best.

Me too!
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

mihailuican

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »
WHY do Kodi devs feel compelled to release a new version, when is is obviously soooo flawed with bugs, according to reports?
It's just like they feel forced, coherced to push work-in-progress instead of a finished product.
I thought it  is OPEN SOURCE. Or, is it for PROFIT, FAME?
I do not even understand what are eben any Leia BENEFITS over 17.6?
What's NEW? Improvements? Why not adding them to 17.6. Should they startover from scratch every time they want to build another update? Really?
I do not understand, but, again, it may only be me, another old man not understanding the new world...
Cheers, everyone.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2019, 07:16:17 AM »
Have played a couple of 2h videos since and the crashing issue didn't reappear. Maybe it just needed a reboot to get fixed, or maybe it's just luck and will happen again sometime. But the "Press OK if Playback has ended" pop-up is still there every time I start KODI. Maybe there's something "stuck"
in KODI concerning the External Player handling, I just need to figure out how to clean it out.

WHY do Kodi devs feel compelled to release a new version, when is is obviously soooo flawed with bugs, according to reports?
It's just like they feel forced, coherced to push work-in-progress instead of a finished product.
I thought it  is OPEN SOURCE. Or, is it for PROFIT, FAME?

As they have a huge financial interest in developing it to Nvidia Shield, I guess they've decided, that if it works fine enough on Shield, than it's "done", needs no further development and ready to be called "final". ;D >:( 

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2019, 03:44:35 AM »
Have played a couple of 2h videos since and the crashing issue didn't reappear. Maybe it just needed a reboot to get fixed, or maybe it's just luck and will happen again sometime.

Yes, it did happen again, but only after I've pressed Home button to get to the HiMedia main screen, turned off 24Hz mode and set the frequency to 50Hz (for an interlaced PAL video). So there's still a chance that it could happen anytime.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2019, 03:02:09 PM »
If are still anyone brave to use Kodi 18 with HiMedia FW v.2.1.1 and Wrapper kodi(18.1[RC1])-20190207-fee37715-master-armeabi-v7a look like not suffering of crashing when is use with Wrapper?

CookiePuss

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2019, 05:21:46 PM »
Ever since both of my boxes "upgraded" to Kodi 18 I've experienced nothing but disasters. Backing out of a movie brings me out of Kodi and to the main menu. Everytime I play a movie a get an error that Kodi has crashed. Going back to Kodi 17.6. What a shit show.

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2019, 07:59:07 PM »
If are still anyone brave to use Kodi 18 with HiMedia FW v.2.1.1 and Wrapper kodi(18.1[RC1])-20190207-fee37715-master-armeabi-v7a look like not suffering of crashing when is use with Wrapper?

Still the same issue with the wrapper. Internal player is better though, jump forward and backwards never been smoother but still pauses if I press play after fast forward.
Still a bit of a mess with the portuguese interface language.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2019, 06:17:55 AM »

Is that a question or a statement/presumption?

Anyway, will KODI from 18.0 final ever update to a never version like that automatically? Or from now we need manual unistall/install to every never version?

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024