FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6 + BTR-12
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Subtitles on Synology NAS (UPnP) stored files in HiMedia Media Player; drive  (Read 7424 times)

Optimus

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I just got my HiMedia Q10 Pro from Futeko and I am happy as a kid in a candy store  ;D

First of all, a disclaimer: I have used only Popcorn Hour machines until now and Kodi is quite foreign to me, so please be gentle and guide me by the hand!

I am trying to play media files stored on a Synology NAS 212+. The drive was found easily and the files play fine with both the HiMedia Media Player and the Kodi player. Unfortunately, when I am trying to switch on the subtitles which are stored locally as a SRT file nothing happens. I found several threads on this issue and activated all subtitle options in the settings but nothing seems to work. Subtitle files play fine via a USB stick. What should I do if I am to play files from UPnP with their locally stored subtitles? I prefer to use the HiMedia player but, if this is impossible, I would also use the Kodi one. Thanks a lot for giving me instructions or ideas.

Also, I activated the search option on Kodi player for opensubtitles.org but the machine cannot fine anything there.

Thanks a million,Emil

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
UPnP or DLNA not support  external subtitle like SRT with any player andorid /linux/windows.
You must play video from SMB/SAMBA share folder from you NAS , prefer without user and password.

Eriol

• View Profile
UPnP or DLNA not support  external subtitle like SRT with any player andorid /linux/windows.
You must play video from SMB/SAMBA share folder from you NAS , prefer without user and password.

But NFS share is even better. Just sayin'. ^_^

Optimus

• View Profile
OK, I guessed as much. Now somebody has to tell me how to set this SMB/SAMBA/NFS share...  :-\

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
SMB/SAMBA is  classic share folder, same  of windows share .
https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/file_share_create

SMB is more fast for streaming and have less ussies, NFS is better for "file operation", like edit .

Optimus

• View Profile
I managed to set up the NFS and now it works - hurray! :-) Now I have to figure out how to make it read Cyrillic subtitles...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help!

Eriol

• View Profile
SMB/SAMBA is  classic share folder, same  of windows share .
https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/file_share_create

SMB is more fast for streaming and have less ussies, NFS is better for "file operation", like edit .

I have much more issues with SMB (access errors with "video problem" messages) and it is much slower for me as well (200MB jellyfish is shuttering with SMB, perfect with NFS).

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024