United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Z2600 Purchase Questions  (Read 69 times)

LordVader

• View Profile
Z2600 Purchase Questions
« on: April 27, 2024, 10:52:49 AM »
Hi. I am considering the Z2600 to replace my current NVidia Shield 2019 Pro. I quite like the idea of the second HDMI output to connect to my Denon AVC-6500H and to connect the main HDMI out to my LG TV. Some questions please...
1. As I understand it, there is no way to have Disney+ / Netflix running on the Zidoo. I believe it can be added from the Play Store but may not support 4K HDR/DV/Atmos? No big issue as I can run them from the LG.
2. The Zidoo ought to support HDMI-CEC. Does it allow the LG TV remote for control? If I were to run Disney+ / Netflix on the TV, I would prefer to just use one remote instead of having two.
3. I believe the Zidoo will play 5.1 DSF files via the second HDMI to my Denon which dioes support multichannel DSD via HDMI.
4. Is it possible to use the Zidoo with an external USB DAC and run bitperfect audio? I currently have my NVidia Shield connected via USB to my DAC and use UAPP for bitperfect audio. It does work, but unfortunately, it is a pain to use!
5. If an external USB is indeed supported, can audio be sent simultaneously to both HDMI and the USB DAC? I would like to have a single interface to play my music instead of jumping between apps as I do now.
6. I believe the standard interface has issues with scraping information for both video and audio? I am currently running Emby on my NAS and Emby Android TV on my Shield. Apparently the Emby Android TV version does run on the Zidoo but needs to be set to external player to take advantage of the Zidoo playback engine? Also, apparently Jellyfin has a Zidoo build that works?   

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Z2600 Purchase Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 09:44:46 AM »
Zidoo doscontinued Z2600 earlier this year, so the only Zidoo player with two HDMI outputs is UHD5000.

1. The Zidoo products are not designed for streaming apps. Most apps either block running on media players or restrict the output. Disney+ will not run. Netflix is limited to 480P and stereo.

2. Yes the Zidoo products support HDMI-CEC.

3. Yes it will.

4. Yes, you can connect an external DAC by USB / TOSLINK / Coaxial.

5. If you mean both HDMI ports (i.e. the two HDMI ports on Z2600) and USB then no. If you mean one of the Zidoo HDMI ports and the USB DAC then yes.

6. Zidoo Home Theatre has excellent media info scraping. It's better for video content than music, but even music is now pretty good. I'm not familiar with Emby but it would need to use Zidoo's video player to use Zidoo hardware features.

LordVader

• View Profile
Re: Z2600 Purchase Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 03:28:04 PM »
Thank you.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024