FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6 + BTR-12
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q10 Pro multiple problems  (Read 2478 times)

ZoomieFoosh

• View Profile
Q10 Pro multiple problems
« on: July 14, 2017, 03:48:00 PM »
I recently purchased a Q10 Pro from Amazon.  Everything was running great with Kodi 16 and Andriod 5.

I upgraded to Kodi 17 and started having issues with no streams playing...fine...whatever.

After returning from a business trip, NONE of the USB ports work and any LEDs left of the 8 buttons do not illuminate. No "boot" message...nothing.  I have made sure the "LED Off" option under Display is unchecked.

I thought it might have been a android 5/Kodi 17 issue so I "factory reset" the box. I did this via the "About" menu and with the "upgrade" button too.

Tried to upgrade to Android 7...but yeah, USBs don't work. Won't even light up the Thumb Drive.

Both issues still exist.  Could this be a physical issue with the box?  My wife said she may have heard it fall when my boys grabbed their tablets by it.

I'm a Apple products guy, so any guidance...please use small words and diagram with crayons.  :o
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:53:09 PM by ZoomieFoosh »

ZoomieFoosh

• View Profile
Re: Q10 Pro multiple problems
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »
Android version: 5.1.1
Kernel: 3.18.24
Build: HMD 1.0.9

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »
It's impossible that upgrading to Kodi 17 could cause the physical hardware problems you describe.

Without working USB ports you have a problem. Any attempt at rescue will require a working USB port. e.g.. as a last resort: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1622.msg14469#msg14469

Or, of course, contact the retailer you bought it from and see what they say about RMA.

ZoomieFoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 06:08:48 PM »
Upon further inspection, it looks like it was knocked off the shelf more than once...handful would be conservative.  I have also passed the return window for the retailer I purchased it through.

At least my new doorstop looks cool.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024