FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: X20 Pro solved the problem with sound and image  (Read 1100 times)

Silton

• View Profile
X20 Pro solved the problem with sound and image
« on: February 12, 2022, 02:17:47 PM »
After two years of using the Zidoo X20 Pro and the problems and frustrations I had with the picture and sound, I finally made a setup that works properly. I solved the problem with a couple of adapters and cables, time, and with a lot of nerves. So I decided to share my experience with all the fans who like to enjoy good music and movies.

My setup is as follows:

-Zidoo X20 Pro
-Denon AVR x4500h
-Marantz Power Amp 7025
-DAC RME Adi 2 fn
-Klipsch 5.1.2 speakers (Atmos setup)
-Audioquest and QED cables
-Samsung QLED Q70a 75 inch
-2 x SATA HDT 10Tb and 1 x EXT HDD 6Tb

Zidoo settings:

-Firmware 2.3.80
-Frame rate Switch frame rate only
-HDMI Output: Main port mode (for movies), main port + deputy port (for audio and Concerts)
-Resolution 3840 x 2160p, 23Hz
-Deep color priority 10bit
-Color space YCbCr 444
-HDMI range 16-235
-HDR Auto
-HDMI audio RAW
-Audio native ON
-Developer options: Auto playback 29.97 / 59.94 ON

TV settings:

-picture mode: FILM (sharpness 0, motion off)
-HDMI Input Signal Plus: OFF

I'll start with the picture first. Zidoo X20 Pro has great sound and an even better picture if all the parameters are set correctly. However the problem was with the 8bit image, probably the incompatibility between Zidoo and Samsung TV. I tried everything but failed to get 10bit image and BT2020. I solved the problem with the HD Fury adapter ($99). Now I have 4K, 10bit, BT2020.

Another problem was with the sound with SPDIF output (Coax and Opt). When listening to music or concerts via the SPDIF Coax output I had frequent interruptions (sound drop), about every 3-4 minutes for 1 second. That was really frustrating. When I listened to music or watched movies with HDMI output I had no sound problems, only SPDIF made a problem. I solved this problem with a 4K HDMI audio extractor adapter ($25). I connected HDMI Audio out with an HDMI cable to this Audio adapter and from there with a Coax cable to the DAC. And finally the sound doesn't stop.

The third problem was with occasional freezing of the device and automatic restart. I solved this problem by using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0. A 6Tb ext HDD is connected to this 2.0 input and I have 2 more 10Tb SATA HDDs in my Zidoo device.

Greetings to all Zidoo fans :) :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 02:20:25 PM by Silton »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024