United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro FAQ  (Read 193672 times)

nandish

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro FAQ
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2020, 11:50:36 AM »
Hello

Over night my q10 pro has gone into a boot mode and it’s never ending. Himedia logo , blank screen, himedia logo. The dial days ‘ boot ‘ that’s all. Left it alone last night and was fine, and no one has tried to update or use paper clip etc. What’s happened and how to fix ? Most urgent. Thanks

In My Q10 Pro, after a night all glowing elements on the display disappeared, even the standby diode. After dismantling, it turned out that the soldering of the front panel cable socket is damaged. After re-soldering the connector, everything returned to normal. The display lights up correctly. The soldering of the motherboard in Q10 Pro is poor. Maybe in your case something similar?
I'm writing in English with little google help :)

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2020, 05:37:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I have now had to accept my loss  and rebooted using paper clip to version I had running. 2.14 with 17.6 kodi. That’s well and good but now go into internet, into kodi it’s just rebooting all the time. I’m spending more time waiting for it to reboot than watching and haven’t yet got to stage of installing back up from April. It’s beyond my wits end now so want to move on.

As previously advised what’s another good box for kodi on the market, with the capacity of the pro 10,, with hard drive I like that with the TV box as download subtitles to watch foreign series etc.

Pro 10,s been good for 5 years but I want to watch tv, not to be caught in spiral, descending like a circle of Dante’s inferno with my mind and patience glowing by the minute. Regrets

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2020, 06:11:42 PM »
You should reinstall the firmware, after the reset you did the box is missing part of its software.

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2020, 06:17:13 PM »
Hi Sorry Been looking at alternatives, did a reply to a post you gave previously and missed this above. What do you mean by reinstall firmware after the reset. All I did was the paper clip as per custom firmware. Could You you expand as I’ll try anything , many thanks

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2020, 06:24:02 PM »
Hi Sorry Been looking at alternatives, did a reply to a post you gave previously and missed this above. What do you mean by reinstall firmware after the reset. All I did was the paper clip as per custom firmware. You you expand , many thanks
Did you just pressed the button with the paper clip without the usb flash drive or reinstall the firmware?
Try another power supply before given up on the Q10Pro, if it's bad it can cause several issues. Does it boot without the internal and external USB devices?

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2020, 06:34:20 PM »
Thanks again. The unit was as previously advised in a repetitive circle. I totally switched it off and inserted flash drive and waited for the rings etc. Everything comes up fine until I start using the internet or kodi and it just seems reboots, takes about 90 seconds. Everything is as was, pages open on chrome etc, my apps, but kodi then needs restart and invariably it’s reboots again...

It’s says boot on the dial but it’s not rebooting like when upgrading, more as when you turn unit on,

Are you suggesting that a upgrade was corrupted somehow?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:37:13 PM by Icarium20 »

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2020, 06:41:38 PM »
Thanks again. The unit was as previously advised in a repetitive circle. I totally switched it off and inserted flash drive and waited for the rings etc. Everything comes up fine until I start using the internet or kodi and it just seems reboots, takes about 90 seconds. Everything is as was, pages open on chrome etc, my apps, but kodi then needs restart and invariably it’s reboots again...

It’s says boot on the dial but it’s not rebooting like when upgrading, more as when you turn unit on,

Are you suggesting that a upgrade was corrupted somehow?

Could be the power supply

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2020, 06:47:42 PM »
Umph. Seems to remember there was some crackling noises when doing paperclip. Presumably that’s a fault in the machine which may need soldering which above my skill level. Is there a checklist to determine if this is the fault ?

Edit just fiddled with power cable and unit did a another boot up, perhaps your correct. Can hear faint frazzling from unit/lead but presently too much noise to determine definitively. I will investigate further when peace descends again. I basically have unit on all the time, and the plug is warm which may also contribute but this is after 5/6 use so odd methinks?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:59:07 PM by Icarium20 »

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2020, 06:58:39 PM »
Umph. Seems to remember there was some crackling noises when doing paperclip. Presumably that’s a fault in the machine which may need soldering which above my skill level. Is there a checklist to determine if this is the fault ?
Did you tried to uninstall the internal hard drive?

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2020, 07:01:02 PM »
No. Never touched anything under the bonnet. Only techie thing was doing paperclip upgrade.

One other thing, it never happens when I’m watching a movie or show. Only when I change addon or app etc using remote...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 07:13:32 PM by Icarium20 »

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2020, 11:35:28 AM »
Overnight back to where I started. Boot, himedia in perpetual succession. Unbelievable

atkinsom

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2020, 02:08:40 PM »
Power Supply

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2020, 05:10:46 PM »
Power Supply
Thanks for replying

May be as has been previously pointed to. Are you suggesting a new plug lead etc, and is their anything I could do to test this hypothesis. Totally on its own last night so does seem logical that the power is tripping or intermittent causing disarray to units functionality, but how as it come about me ponders.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 05:13:56 PM by Icarium20 »

ivanuskask

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2020, 05:28:48 PM »
Hi, can i update to pcisti android TV custom firmware without loosing DRM L1 key?

Himedia Q10Pro PCB v1.3 vs PCB v2.2 from LAN speed are not difference.
PCB v2.2 has as +
- DRM L1
- Not LED on ethernet port
- Box come with Android 7.0
- A newest one have HMD-2.1.4 2019-09-10.150132 or HMD-2.1.4 2019-09-11.161658
-- HMD-2.1.4 2019-09-10.150132 without google service
-- HMD-2.1.4 2019-09-11.161658 with google service
Box can be update to any CFW/OFW v2.1.4 and up, but never downgrade to Android 5.1.1 as lost DRM L1 key.
[/quote]

wongregor@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2021, 10:01:07 PM »
Hello everyone. Finally HiMedia stopped blocking ARC and many other things. I did a little mobo modification. Details in the picture. First row, third pin from the left on the HDMI connector, this is the 13th pin in the plug. A piece of the path ends with grommet to the other side. It is enough to slightly drill the grommet. Works 100%  :)
Link to better quality of picture
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4deczan2djnnv6/Hdmi1.jpg?dl=0

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024