FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Official Firmware  (Read 1217128 times)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Official Firmware
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 01:37:12 PM »
It is a typically Chinese manufacturer habit to bundle many things in a single update taking ages to be released. When using enforced (Over The Air) updates this may make sense. For Manual Updates via USB/File higher customer satisfaction is reached by doing frequent smaller updates showing attention, willingness and gradual progress.

Waiting a long time already. Expectations of what all will be fixed is now getting very high.

Binnugsay

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 01:39:02 PM »
It is a typically Chinese manufacturer habit to bundle many things in a single update taking ages to be released. When using enforced (Over The Air) updates this may make sense. For Manual Updates via USB/File higher customer satisfaction is reached by doing frequent smaller updates showing attention, willingness and gradual progress.

Waiting a long time already. Expectations of what all will be fixed is now getting very high.

Agree and no news from Futeko !!!

dipak

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 01:58:00 PM »

I disagree....I work in the field. Smaller releases means more testing, especially regression. Also overheads per release is same...so for example if you were to wash a car, you have to do all the preparatory work. Washing a 3-door car or a 5-door car is then very small difference.
Same with code/firmware

sometimes it makes sense to bundles up work in batches to get better efficiency. This is not a Chinese habit, but a technology habit.
And whatever we get in this release, please note it will not be 100%, they have to leave something for the next one.
I's rather wait and get a good release, than a half-hearted effort one.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 03:38:08 PM »
I disagree....I work in the field. Smaller releases means more testing, especially regression. Also overheads per release is same...so for example if you were to wash a car, you have to do all the preparatory work. Washing a 3-door car or a 5-door car is then very small difference.
Same with code/firmware

sometimes it makes sense to bundles up work in batches to get better efficiency. This is not a Chinese habit, but a technology habit.
And whatever we get in this release, please note it will not be 100%, they have to leave something for the next one.

I work in the field too for professional IT services. There we see individual quick fixes (without full regression testing) and main track releases bundling many improvements with full regression testing.

I don't say that bundling is not more efficient for the manufacturer. Obviously it is. I only say that customer satisfaction is higher when releasing more frequently. A customer may always back-out to the previous version and when there is no fix included for his known problem(s) wait for the next version. That is what the professional customer does also in most cases.

Regarding the Chinese reference. Very few media players which are not coming at least from Asia in general. I have one player which was made in The Netherlands and they fixed things quicker and in smaller lots.

PJDavis1970

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »
Same with code/firmware

I work in the industry also.  I write software (Mainly mobile apps at the moment)  One of my apps has between 500,000 - 1 Mill downloads and trust me.  Users prefer less gaps between updates because they feel there is work going on to improve the product and remove problems.

With the first update that comes from Himedia, as its been almost a month, they really need to have a lot of fixes in place.  If there is hardly anything and the majority of the problems are still there then confidence in the company giving a working product will be at rock bottom and people will start looking elsewhere for working hardware.

Alter_Schwede62

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2016, 03:39:08 PM »
I work in the industry also.  I write software (Mainly mobile apps at the moment)  One of my apps has between 500,000 - 1 Mill downloads and trust me.  Users prefer less gaps between updates because they feel there is work going on to improve the product and remove problems.
But only if the improvements resp. updates are necessary!
Otherwise you can make things worse and you annoy your customers.

Eriol

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 10:11:23 PM »
+1 for more frequent releases.
My main reason so far not to pre-order the Q5 Pro for myself is that I don't see the firmware updates coming for Q10 Pro. Current firmware has a few bugs that critical for me but if I would see continuous efforts from Futeko to make their product better I would trust them enough to pre-order it anyway. But right now its not happening so I will surely wait for the next official update and I will check how many issues they actually solved since the last update. If I don't see enough effort or they delaying the releases too much i might buy some other product.

Fa.Ch

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2016, 11:43:57 AM »
And so, what about a release of a new firmware ?

An ETA  can be given ?
TV: LG OLED/4K 55EF950V / Player: Q10 PRO / Sound Bar: Samsung HW-J450 / Remote: Logitech Harmony One +

Alter_Schwede62

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2016, 02:20:25 PM »
This is senseless, because only the guys from Himedia do really know, when the Update will be released.

nghiavn

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2016, 08:14:35 AM »
Ever new official firmware ?  I'm still waiting to see.

szrobert

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 12:34:37 PM »
When come the new firmware???????

PJDavis1970

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 12:56:32 PM »
6 weeks and still no firmware update.  Himedia really need to work out how to keep a customer base because at the moment all they are doing to destroying any reputation they might have had.

vectorx

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »
It was meant to be 2 weeks ago, then hopefully last week, now no news at all. At present this box is very disappointing. Until a new firmware appears that deals with the bugs, framerate and HDR issues it's pretty much useless.

Alter_Schwede62

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »
I think, that it does not make sense, to write here, how dissappointed we are, because they do not read here.
Only futeko does it. And what he forwards to Himedia, will reach them.

So lets again easily wait some few weeks, or months.  ;D

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 02:16:47 PM »
I think, that it does not make sense, to write here, how dissappointed we are, because they do not read here.
Only futeko does it. And what he forwards to Himedia, will reach them.

So lets again easily wait some few weeks, or months.  ;D

Statistically we know that complaining may not help or won't help much, but not complaining will have no effects with 100% certainty.  So just let our voices be heard. Nothing against that.  :D

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024