FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Best Hard Drive to fit into Q10 as a permanent solution to no memory.  (Read 1326 times)

Icarium20

• View Profile
Hello All

Kodi keeps stopping which I’m sure is because of the extremely limited memory on the q10. I know that the cover comes up and their is space for A hard drive to be fitted, so I’m asking what is the best hard drive I could buy to fill that space, that is totally compatible with the Q10? , so slot in and go.

Many thanks

I have seen this, after reading other topics about not needing 7500rpm etc, do would this work, and will it fit ok

Western Digital Blue (5400 RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 2TB - WD20EZRZ number I think

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 12:00:57 PM by Icarium20 »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Best Hard Drive to fit into Q10 as a permanent solution to no memory.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 09:40:48 AM »
That drive would work but it wouldn't increase device memory, it can only be installed as storage. Memory (RAM) cannot be increased on Q10 Pro.

You can increase internal storage using this method: https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1473.0

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 09:19:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply, and having read the thread am probably more confused.

To make my problem plain , Under the storage file in my Q10 pro it’s saying, I’ve used 10.51gb of 11.17 available, with Kodi accounting for 8.37 gb of 9.95 gmb under app banner. I have 4 apps loaded myself, gmail, duck duck go, nord vpn and kodi.  Google play is  saying cannot update unless space made available indicating 11gb of 11gb is used hence why was going to get the sata unit.  Kodi is now closing or won’t open correctly and think it’s due to limited space.

Your  however implying this unit would only assist if I’m downloading films or tv shows, it won’t help me with my space problems, so I would need to buy a SD card instead, as per the thread you inserted.

Can you confirm this is correct. Thanks for any further assistance. And can anyone post an image which shows the compatibility emblem and a 32gb sdhc which will work, regards

I do have some films/shows saved in the cloud on premiumxer which could download so may be buy the data unit anyway, but it’s the space problem that is my main concern.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 01:59:34 PM by Icarium20 »

laager

• View Profile
A guaranteed solution to your space issue (had the same problem myself) is blow away Kodi. Uninstall it. Then reinstall and recreate your library with a full scan. Afterwards, you will probably see 2-3GB of that 12GB being used.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 05:44:08 PM by laager »

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 08:12:29 AM »
Thanks for reply Laager.

I still have this problem and getting no where fast, even having had the assistance of Pcristi. I think some of it to do with my lack of IT knowledge and then had to leave it as other things took priority. Now back on it so would ask you to explain what you mean by… reinstall it and recreate your library with a full scan….Thanks

I have four different std cards, none Xc which the pro10 will accept as valid to format. Think that problem is at one time in distant past may have tried to use usb as storage and somehow initiated something which not reversed. Have tried to factory reset unit to get as was from box, but that isn’t changing anything. Could that be due to unit being on android version 7? If I reversed if possible to original version and then did factory reset, would that take everything back to as it was out of the box?

I am so flustered by all this, the unit when working is fine for me, but trying to storage to work appears beyond me. All these sd cards, one 2tb WP unit and I’m still stuck with 12gb storage space which is not enough. Doh

laager

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 02:13:23 AM »
...would ask you to explain what you mean by… reinstall it and recreate your library with a full scan….
Google Play - manage apps - uninstall Kodi.
Google play - install Kodi.

Then run Kodi and configure it as you did previously.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024