FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6 + BTR-12
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Analogue audio output activation  (Read 160 times)

jb14

• View Profile
Analogue audio output activation
« on: April 06, 2024, 09:47:03 PM »
Using the Dune 8K player, very happy so far but have a question regarding audio output despite searching the online guide. I like to use wired headphones for late night viewing, but when plugging them into the audio out port I get no sound and the tv speakers continue to play via the HDMI connection. How do I turn on the audio out and mute the HDMI? Thanks

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Analogue audio output activation
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 09:31:04 AM »
The audio port on the back is audio line out (like RCA outputs on a CD player) so does not have the necessary level to drive headphones independently. It needs running to an amp or headphone amp which would then be connected to the headphones.

It outputs simultaneous to HDMI so to mute HDMI you would mute the display device.

jb14

• View Profile
Analogue audio output activation
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 09:04:43 PM »
Ah that makes more sense thanks. My amp is a bit far away, so picked up a cheap amazon optical in to headphone out converter box, switched Dune to pcm output and tv sound to 0 and now good to go. Just need to remember to switch back to bitstream when not using the headphones.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024