FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Using a SD-Card to expand Internal Android system storage running Nougat  (Read 47264 times)

frank1313

• View Profile
Is it possible to format the sd card as internal memory in Q5pro -   whithout a computer?

Mr Ed.

Useful info that overcomes any lack of flash storage problems, particularly useful for Q5 Pro.

What is the fastest SD  Card class that can be used?  I currently use a sony class 10.  It says 70 Mb/s speed, is this good enough?  It does freeze sometimes

This is a good mSDcard
http://www.enligo.com/nl/nl/kingston-16gb-micro-sdhc-class-u3-uhs-i-90r-45w-mb-s/16293b71-4959-47df-be9e-70a1c00fd497.html

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Is it possible to format the sd card as internal memory in Q5pro -   whithout a computer?

Yes. It has to be done using Q5 Pro menus.

See opening post: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1473.0

Icarium20

• View Profile
I have tried 3 different sd cards. The first micro,unbeknown to me was. Xc , however both the next two were 32 hc@10-U3 - V1. I de partitioned using the laptop first. In sorted both into the pro 10 and followed the instructions. While formatting, the pro 10 started of at 20%, proceeded to 40%, but after around 10 seconds blew out the cards and said were unsupported.

Would anyone have a clue what I’m doing wrong. When on laptop removing the partition the card disappears from the disk management screens, so I’m thinking I’m doing that right. I’m unsure why the formatting starts or shows straight away at 20%, could that be a fault. I’m at my whits end trying to sort this. Any ideas appreciated

Thanks

eladios

• View Profile
Re: Using a SD-Card to expand Internal Android system storage running Nougat
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2023, 10:51:11 AM »
HiMedia FW 2.0.3/2.0.4 have added  Default storage equipment support for  use USB storage  as  "sdcard".

I tried this yesterday and chose another disk as internal memory.  but when I restarted ui it crashed constantly and I had to change it again.  any solution?

eladios

• View Profile
Re: Using a SD-Card to expand Internal Android system storage running Nougat
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2023, 06:40:16 PM »
Hello colleagues, I have been able to solve the problem.  In the end I connected the card to the computer and deleted the partitions.  create a new FAT32 partition and insert it into the himedia.  It does not allow formatting as internal memory, it gives an error.  but I chose the SD card as the default storage and himedia restarted.  after reboot everything is working fine.  That does mean to echo reset the apps and Kodi is already inside the new SD.  You can see it in applications application storage.  Now it's time to restore a copy of Kodi and everything is perfect with plenty of storage.  I hope this helps more people.  all the best.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024