FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Using a SD-Card to expand Internal Android system storage running Nougat  (Read 47248 times)

JayceOoi

• View Profile
    • JayceOoi.com
Re: Using a SD-Card to expand Internal Android system storage running Nougat
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 01:41:19 AM »
The SDcard i use is a Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 U3 32Gb, could it be that 32gig is to large for this option?
There may be a size issue?  I have another Android 6 based media player which absolutely refuses my 32 G byte SDHC card but smaller onces do work.
Tested my Q10 Pro with a 32 G SD- Card only for an actual install. Not using it in practice as I have no need for it.
Size should not be the problem here. I manage to get 64GB microSD to work here. Tried 2TB HDD and 480GB SSD too. All working properly...

Mr Ed.

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 08:51:46 PM »
The SDcard i use is a Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 U3 32Gb, could it be that 32gig is to large for this option?
There may be a size issue?  I have another Android 6 based media player which absolutely refuses my 32 G byte SDHC card but smaller onces do work.
Tested my Q10 Pro with a 32 G SD- Card only for an actual install. Not using it in practice as I have no need for it.

I think i will try a smaller card maybe, thanks.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 12:38:50 AM »
Size should not be the problem here. I manage to get 64GB microSD to work here. Tried 2TB HDD and 480GB SSD too. All working properly...
Could you specify details for that 64 GB Card?

JayceOoi

• View Profile
    • JayceOoi.com
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 01:34:36 AM »
Could you specify details for that 64 GB Card?
I am using Kingston UHS-I U3 90R/80W

Mr Ed.

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »

Do you have the Q5 or Q10 pro?

JayceOoi

• View Profile
    • JayceOoi.com
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 07:23:51 AM »
Do you have the Q5 or Q10 pro?
Q10 Pro

Mr Ed.

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 08:34:24 PM »
I tried another MicroSd card, a Samsung 16Gb Class 10 U1 card. The specs say it has 90 MB/s read speed and about 45 MB/s write speed.  When i try to use it as internal storage, the Q5 Pro gives a message that de card maybe to slow for use as internal storage. Should i deny this or is the card really to slow?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 10:29:25 AM »
I tried another MicroSd card, a Samsung 16Gb Class 10 U1 card. The specs say it has 90 MB/s read speed and about 45 MB/s write speed.  When i try to use it as internal storage, the Q5 Pro gives a message that de card maybe to slow for use as internal storage. Should i deny this or is the card really to slow?

It's slower than internal flash storage, but I don't think you'll see any performance loss using a class 10 card.

JayceOoi

• View Profile
    • JayceOoi.com
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »
Use this method to find out is your SD card supports App Performance A1 SD Association standard or not.

icerno78

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »
I bought a sd-card with 32gb from amazon. (https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Android-microSDHC-Speicherkarte-SD-Adapter/dp/B013UDL5RU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486052415&sr=8-2&keywords=32+gb+sd) With my win10-pc i erased the partition with "diskpart". but no information appears after starting up the Q5. And its not showing up under storage in the android settings.

If i create a partition with win10-pc i can see it in the storage setup, but then i cant shift any data...

Any help?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:21:37 PM by icerno78 »

Mr Ed.

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 10:26:23 PM »
I bought a sd-card with 32gb from amazon. (https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Android-microSDHC-Speicherkarte-SD-Adapter/dp/B013UDL5RU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486052415&sr=8-2&keywords=32+gb+sd) With my win10-pc i erased the partition with "diskpart". but no information appears after starting up the Q5. And its not showing up under storage in the android settings.

If i create a partition with win10-pc i can see it in the storage setup, but then i cant shift any data...

Any help?
The partition needs to be made by your mediabox not on your pc. You have to re-insert the card in your pc and delete the partition. After that insert the card in your player and follow the instructions as described on page one.

icerno78

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2017, 05:18:41 AM »
Ok, i found my mistake. My new Q5 was shipped with an outdated android 5.1.1 version. Trying no to install android 7 on it

Update: Works no fine with the correct OS ;-)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:44:07 PM by icerno78 »

icerno78

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2017, 11:39:20 PM »
Got a new problem :-(
i started moving the data. because i couldnt find any option in the storage menu to move data i erased the sdcard ones more, because i knew there is the moving option at the end of the partitioning process. The message said it would take about 5 minutes to move 4gb of data (but didnt tell me, what data). all went good, but a bit slowely. after about 10 minutes it reached 85% and then it freezed. i waited another 15 minutes but nothing changed. still progress at 85% and the remote was not responding any more. so i had to use the powerswitch on the device itself.

Now kodi 17 is not starting anymore and the q5 is freezing if you try.
is there a way back?
can i manually move data or tell kodi to store it data on the sd-card?

icerno78

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »
i really need some help now.
no matter what microsd-card i'm using i'm running into trouble.
if i partition a microsd there is a message at the the end to move data now or later.
if i press now the q5-box freezes everytime on 85%. no matter if he is moving 2gb or 2mb.
and everytime after that crash. kodi (16.1 or 17) is not working anymore

what happens if the internal storage is not enough for kodi? will he automatically use the extend storage if i dont use that move option after partitioning?
or can i manually move data -> how?

Mr Ed.

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »
i really need some help now.
no matter what microsd-card i'm using i'm running into trouble.
if i partition a microsd there is a message at the the end to move data now or later.
if i press now the q5-box freezes everytime on 85%. no matter if he is moving 2gb or 2mb.
and everytime after that crash. kodi (16.1 or 17) is not working anymore

what happens if the internal storage is not enough for kodi? will he automatically use the extend storage if i dont use that move option after partitioning?
or can i manually move data -> how?
I experience the same issue on my Q5 Pro box and haven't found a proper solution yet.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024