United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: OFFICIAL Q10 PRO FIRMWARE. FUTEKO. HMD-2.0.7 2018-01-12  (Read 61604 times)

atkinsom

• View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL Q10 PRO FIRMWARE. FUTEKO. HMD-2.0.7 2018-01-12
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »
Cant the firmware be upgraded via regular usb stick? Do we have to press that update button on the box and shit?

No just follow the instructions below from HiMedia's site using method 2...if you run into problems use method 1 but method 2 worked for me. Remember to make sure the USB thumb drive is formatted as FAT32 and the filename is update.zip in the root of the drive with nothing else on that USB drive

METHOD 1
Firmware Upgrade by Recovery Mode (user data will be cleared)

1.Download a new firmware and place the firmware onto the ROOT directory of a USB drive.

2. Plug the USB drive into an empty USB HOST on the SMART TV BOX.

3.With the SMART TV BOX turned off,use a paper clip or pen point to press and hold the small pinhole restore button on the SMART TV BOX

4.While pressing the restore button,turn on the SMART TV BOX. Continue to hold the restore button for 5 more seconds,then release it.

5.The SMART TV BOX will begin upgrading the firmware from the USB drive.

6. Wait for the SMART TV BOX to complete the upgrade. Please be patient as it may take around 5 minutes to complete.

7. When finished, The SMART TV BOX will auto reboot.

METHOD 2
Firmware upgrade from Settings Menu (user data will not be cleared)

1.Download a new firmware and place the firmware onto the ROOT directory of a USB drive.

2.Plug the USB drive into an empty USB HOST on the SMART TV BOX.

3.Go to Settings?System?System upgrade to select/click the letter of the USB drive.

4.The SMART TV BOX will begin upgrading the firmware from the USB drive.

5. Wait for the SMART TV BOX to complete the upgrade. Please be patient as it may take around 5 minutes to complete.

6. When finished, The SMART TV BOX will auto reboot.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:49:45 PM by atkinsom »

Godmax

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 06:51:42 PM »
Method 2 seems good yes thx

crazyahmed

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 07:45:28 AM »
@ FUTEKO
Good morning
I kindly ask if it is possible to point out to HiMedia to correct the fastidious bug of the Aspect Ratio Pal.
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2576.0

Thank you

I've been pointing it out to them since December.

We are compiling a new bug list for 2.0.7 based on replies on this forum and will be sending it to them later today. It will include this bug at the top of list, it is one of the most serious.
Thank you for your interest.

Hi everybody,

I would like to emphasize on the subject top. It is a very big Problem for me because a big Part of my Movie and tv Collection consists of sd-Filmes which Play in the wrong aspect Ratio. Please resolve this Major Issue.

Thank You.

Dimitrij

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 08:58:21 AM »

alec76

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »
Still no HD audio pass through with Kodi 17.x. I see the FAQ has been edited to no longer indicate this will be fixed in a future firmware. Does anyone know if this is still in the works, or has  Himeda given up on this?
It has nothing to do with Himedia, it is Kodi policy .
2.07 is Android 7 , API level 24
 audiopassthrough for this API level :
 AC3, EAC3, DTS
Kodi team  miss hardware / software to implement dts-hd, truehd
    Kodi team only implemented DTS -hd, TrueHd for Nvidia Shield only , along with Amologic devices .

In order to implement HD audio Himedia has to CONTACT KODI TEAM and provide them with information needed .

mccainm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 11:49:59 PM »
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the Media Center LAN issue has been fixed.  I know I'm not the only one with the issue (there has been others complaining about it on the original firmware thread).  When using Media Center I can get it to scan for networks and find them.  I can even choose the one where my network drive/directories are, and select the director.  Right after that, it gives the "Network State" error and creates a useless shortcut.  When trying to manually add a link to the network drive I either get a LAN has failed error, taking me back to the home screen, or the box freezes and I have to pull the plug in the back and hard restart. 

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 02:42:12 AM »
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the Media Center LAN issue has been fixed.  I know I'm not the only one with the issue (there has been others complaining about it on the original firmware thread).  When using Media Center I can get it to scan for networks and find them.  I can even choose the one where my network drive/directories are, and select the director.  Right after that, it gives the "Network State" error and creates a useless shortcut.  When trying to manually add a link to the network drive I either get a LAN has failed error, taking me back to the home screen, or the box freezes and I have to pull the plug in the back and hard restart.
Are you using Samba or NFS?  Can a PC on your network see the Q10?  Have you allocated a fixed IP address to the Q10?  Do you have a firewall/anti-virus software on your network that may be restricting access?

I have upgraded to 2.0.7 and Samba is still working fine for me with all network drives (including Thecus & QNAP NAS's, Seagate Centrals and WD Cloud).

mccainm

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 07:56:09 PM »
Are you using Samba or NFS?  Can a PC on your network see the Q10?  Have you allocated a fixed IP address to the Q10?  Do you have a firewall/anti-virus software on your network that may be restricting access?

I have upgraded to 2.0.7 and Samba is still working fine for me with all network drives (including Thecus & QNAP NAS's, Seagate Centrals and WD Cloud).

In the 1.0.X firmware this was never an issue.  I don't use Samba or NFS...I simply want to access a WD MyBook drive directly attached to my router.  Windows finds it fine, and even the HiMedia box can find it...it just won't access it or effectively create a shortcut.  It isn't password protected either.  It also doesn't work only on HiMedia Media Center.  I've had to install ES File Explorer and it finds and can access it just fine...that is what I've been using.  However, the convenience of using Hi Media Media Center is that it is remote friendly.  File Managers require that I pull out my Rii or other Bluetooth keyboard with touchpad to effectively navigate.  No firewall or antivirus enabled on the router that would limit access.  Also, my PC can see the Hi Media player when the player is turned on.  I'm not the only one who has had this issue either.  I was hoping enough people were getting the error that it would get passed on.  It only started when transitioning to the 2.0.X firmware. 

Ellah

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2018, 01:32:17 PM »
3. Got rid of 4096*2160 resolution.
How about bright flashes that appear during playback?
To me, the only way to get rid of it is by switching the resolution to 4096*2160.
(Turning off Dynamic Contrast doesn't work at all)

Disable imprex engine

Does anyone know how to disable it? I tried to do that during playback via advanced options and was not able to  - all options were greyed out, having comment that the current mode is not SDR... So how it works and when I can disable it for playing movies in 720p / 1080p?

basara2020

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2018, 01:49:14 PM »
Cant the firmware be upgraded via regular usb stick? Do we have to press that update button on the box and shit?

No just follow the instructions below from HiMedia's site using method 2...if you run into problems use method 1 but method 2 worked for me. Remember to make sure the USB thumb drive is formatted as FAT32 and the filename is update.zip in the root of the drive with nothing else on that USB drive

METHOD 1
Firmware Upgrade by Recovery Mode (user data will be cleared)

2. Plug the USB drive into an empty USB HOST on the SMART TV BOX.

3.With the SMART TV BOX turned off,use a paper clip or pen point to press and hold the small pinhole restore button on the SMART TV BOX

4.While pressing the restore button,turn on the SMART TV BOX. Continue to hold the restore button for 5 more seconds,then release it.

5.The SMART TV BOX will begin upgrading the firmware from the USB drive.

6. Wait for the SMART TV BOX to complete the upgrade. Please be patient as it may take around 5 minutes to complete.

7. When finished, The SMART TV BOX will auto reboot.

METHOD 2
Firmware upgrade from Settings Menu (user data will not be cleared)

2.Plug the USB drive into an empty USB HOST on the SMART TV BOX.

3.Go to Settings?System?System upgrade to select/click the letter of the USB drive.

4.The SMART TV BOX will begin upgrading the firmware from the USB drive.

5. Wait for the SMART TV BOX to complete the upgrade. Please be patient as it may take around 5 minutes to complete.

6. When finished, The SMART TV BOX will auto reboot.

Hi..

I just try to upgrade my box using method 2. The box restart and after white circle, dead android logo appear and boot again to previous OS.
Method 1 also the same. Is it any problem? I already change 3 usb drives.

atkinsom

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2018, 02:18:34 PM »
Follow the steps below first and should work fine.

1. USB drive MUST BE FORMATTED as FAT32...format it in windows
2. Copy update file to the root of the USB drive
3. Filename MUST be update.zip ....if not already that name rename the file and make sure NO other files exist on that USB except the update zip file

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »
...The box restart and after white circle, dead android logo appear and boot again to previous OS...

This happens when you've expanded ALL of the individual files in the zip file to the USB memory stick.

You need to manually COPY the file update.zip to the USB Memory stick, do NOT use a program like Winzip to move it there because that will extract all of the data.

In Windows, click on your USB memory stick icon. All you should see is ONE file listed "update.zip".

If you are seeing lots of files and folders
META
META-INF
system
userdata
baseparam.img
boot.img
and so on ...

then you have done it incorrectly and it won't work.

I think I can see the problem now!!! If you go to the HiMedia Support page:

http://www.himediatech.com/support.htm

and click on:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pkd2njkwvrgauvn/update.zip

you will download the actual "update.zip" file (no extraction needed) and you just need to copy this file to a USB memory stick.

BUT, if you follow futeko's instructions and click on:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y1qhes2nd0nc9xz/Q10_PRO_FIRMWARE._ANDROID_7_v2.0.4%2B_TO_v2.0.7._FUTEKO._HMD-2.0.7_2018-01-12.zip

you WILL need to extract the "update.zip" file from the file that downloads using an extraction program like WinZip!!! Then you can copy that  file to a USB memory stick.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 04:04:58 PM by maelor »
Zidoo Z1000 Pro | Firmware 6.3.40_G | Zidoo V9 AirMouse Remote | WD Red 8Tb HDD

newbi14

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 07:13:28 PM »

Disable imprex engine

Does anyone know how to disable it? I tried to do that during playback via advanced options and was not able to  - all options were greyed out, having comment that the current mode is not SDR... So how it works and when I can disable it for playing movies in 720p / 1080p?
[/quote]

Tune all sections of Imprex Engine to OFF, but not during playback, logically. Than its off. As i know.

basara2020

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2018, 05:40:01 AM »
...The box restart and after white circle, dead android logo appear and boot again to previous OS...

This happens when you've expanded ALL of the individual files in the zip file to the USB memory stick.

You need to manually COPY the file update.zip to the USB Memory stick, do NOT use a program like Winzip to move it there because that will extract all of the data.

In Windows, click on your USB memory stick icon. All you should see is ONE file listed "update.zip".

If you are seeing lots of files and folders
META
META-INF
system
userdata
baseparam.img
boot.img
and so on ...

then you have done it incorrectly and it won't work.

I think I can see the problem now!!! If you go to the HiMedia Support page:

http://www.himediatech.com/support.htm

and click on:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pkd2njkwvrgauvn/update.zip

you will download the actual "update.zip" file (no extraction needed) and you just need to copy this file to a USB memory stick.

BUT, if you follow futeko's instructions and click on:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y1qhes2nd0nc9xz/Q10_PRO_FIRMWARE._ANDROID_7_v2.0.4%2B_TO_v2.0.7._FUTEKO._HMD-2.0.7_2018-01-12.zip

you WILL need to extract the "update.zip" file from the file that downloads using an extraction program like WinZip!!! Then you can copy that  file to a USB memory stick.

Thank you. 
The problem is I just change the name to update.zip. Actually already have in zip file.  Zip in zip.  😅

Now using new fresh upgrade 2.0.7.
I though OS problem but still happen kodi not responding when start up. Sometimes happen need to select wait or close.

One more thing is before this version,  when I'm typing sometimes system freeze 1-2minutes. This version still have this problem.
The problem happen when I'm using on screen keyboard.

Ellah

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »

Disable imprex engine

Tune all sections of Imprex Engine to OFF, but not during playback, logically. Than its off. As i know.
[/quote]

Hey, but how you get to Advanced option while not in playback?

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024