United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6 + BTR-12
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Audio not synch at Full-HD MKVs and ISOs and 4K on Full-HD TV not working  (Read 12763 times)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio not synch at Full-HD MKVs and ISOs and 4K on Full-HD TV not working
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 10:08:48 AM »
I can imagine that Zidoo built something in that checks if it is running on X6, if not -> terminate.
Or a hardware component is used which is different in X6 and H8 or a common library is not compatible...

They won't have done this because they are abiding by GPL open source for Kodi.

HDMediaplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 11:30:13 AM »
Hi futeko,

the last FW update is from 2015-11-10. An other company released 5 updates since that date.
HiMedia knows that the H8 customers are tortured by the serious AV-synch bug and other things.
My wish were that HiMedia think about their update politic in this early/buggy FW phase.
They decide to sell a media-player with an very early FW, then the next logical step is to release new FW also early.
The feeling that I got when I read in forums, people which have problems feel more helped if the company react in short time. I share this feeling.
Actually the people recommend to buy X6pro because it is working better since one month and people see that the manufacturer working full speed to fix bugs.
From the hardware aspect I can recommend H8 against X6. But the second or bigger key point is the firmware!
I think people forgive a careless mistake in a rapidly released FW if this fixes big bugs and if the careless mistake are fixed also fast (Read the Zidoo forum for example 1.0.26 (Debug prints fill the flash:-) -> 1.0.27).

I wrote this not to start a discussion or to bother you, please forward this opinion to HiMedia and tell the managers to have a look in forums what makes the customers angry or happy.

And at least, can you please tell us kindly, when can we expect a new FW version to have a synchronous start in 2016?

Kilroy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 04:11:49 PM »
Hi futeko,

the last FW update is from 2015-11-10. An other company released 5 updates since that date.
HiMedia knows that the H8 customers are tortured by the serious AV-synch bug and other things.
My wish were that HiMedia think about their update politic in this early/buggy FW phase.
They decide to sell a media-player with an very early FW, then the next logical step is to release new FW also early.
The feeling that I got when I read in forums, people which have problems feel more helped if the company react in short time. I share this feeling.
Actually the people recommend to buy X6pro because it is working better since one month and people see that the manufacturer working full speed to fix bugs.
From the hardware aspect I can recommend H8 against X6. But the second or bigger key point is the firmware!
I think people forgive a careless mistake in a rapidly released FW if this fixes big bugs and if the careless mistake are fixed also fast (Read the Zidoo forum for example 1.0.26 (Debug prints fill the flash:-) -> 1.0.27).

I wrote this not to start a discussion or to bother you, please forward this opinion to HiMedia and tell the managers to have a look in forums what makes the customers angry or happy.

And at least, can you please tell us kindly, when can we expect a new FW version to have a synchronous start in 2016?

He did say new firmware after Christmas but not what year so an easy answer and we do not know if it actually will fix any-thing.

We could make a guess game and the one that get the closes to the day it/if will come get a beer or a bottle of wine  :D

My Guess is after Christmas 2016.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:20:38 PM by Kilroy »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 10:29:23 AM »
He did say new firmware after Christmas but not what year so an easy answer and we do not know if it actually will fix any-thing.

We could make a guess game and the one that get the closes to the day it/if will come get a beer or a bottle of wine  :D

My Guess is after Christmas 2016.

Kilroy, you've been warned before about posting the same thing repeatedly.

We've also had an email exchange just before Christmas in which I offered you other solutions to the problems you're having with H8.

I hoped this would result in a pausing of your repetitive posting.

It appears that it has not. So you are banned.

We are pushing Himedia to release new H8 firmware. Himedia are working as fast as they can. They will not release firmware unless they are happy with it (note broken things in current Zidoo firmware). I appreciate that H8 is not perfect, but most people are happy and it will be continue to be improved with future firmware.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024