United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: New features request  (Read 62406 times)

bennySB

• View Profile
Re: New features request
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 10:46:49 AM »
Hi there,

my most needed Feature is the Widevine Level 1 Support for the Q10Pro.
You can check the Device with the app (DRM Info) from the Marketplace and it's actually Display "not Supported".

Futeko can you ask @HiMedia for this Feature?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 10:55:23 AM »
Hi there,

You can check the Device with the app (DRM Info) from the Marketplace and it's actually Display "not Supported".

HiMedia gained a Widevine licence last month and are working to implement it in future firmware.

4eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 04:09:44 PM »
I have a lot of CD's, DVD's and bluray disc's that I cannot play anymore. Previously used PS3 for that (broken)
Is there any way to connect an external USB CD-DVD-Bluray player to the Himedia Q10.
The small ones inteded for laptops would be perfect, they run on the q10 power and are cheap.
I've seen an outdated Samsung optical smart HUB SE-208BW that seems to do the trick with the exception of Blu-ray.
I can't grasp windows having no issues with these things yet Android does and users don't seem to care and maybe scrap their bought and payed for legal blu-ray and audio discs.
please help me understand.

bennySB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »
Hi there,

HiMedia gained a Widevine licence last month and are working to implement it in future firmware.

That's greatful. Are you know what licence it is, 1st or 3rd Level?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 04:45:30 PM »

I don't know for sure but will try and find out.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 04:53:17 PM »
I have a lot of CD's, DVD's and bluray disc's that I cannot play anymore. Previously used PS3 for that (broken)
Is there any way to connect an external USB CD-DVD-Bluray player to the Himedia Q10.
The small ones inteded for laptops would be perfect, they run on the q10 power and are cheap.
I've seen an outdated Samsung optical smart HUB SE-208BW that seems to do the trick with the exception of Blu-ray.
I can't grasp windows having no issues with these things yet Android does and users don't seem to care and maybe scrap their bought and payed for legal blu-ray and audio discs.
please help me understand.

Android does not support physical DVD / CD / BD drives.

I have read about DVD drives with an AV mode being supported (they work same as attached USB storage - showing disc contents as data) but this will be of limited use. You may be able to play DVDs in a rudimentary way but definitely not BD. The Samsung drive you mention I think works like this.

I suggest ripping your discs to HDD. You'll probably have to do this eventually..

Djinn

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 05:06:44 PM »

A level 1 licence is required in order to watch Netflix HD content. But, if I'm not wrong, a Netflix authorization is also required. My guess is that's why the OP is requesting this feature. Could you ask if Netflix HD access is planned for this device?

Thanks and regards

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 09:06:09 AM »

A level 1 licence is required in order to watch Netflix HD content. But, if I'm not wrong, a Netflix authorization is also required. My guess is that's why the OP is requesting this feature. Could you ask if Netflix HD access is planned for this device?

Thanks and regards

Netflix HD is unlikely. HiMedia say it's very difficult for an overseas company to get Netflix HD certification.

I'm still waiting for a reply re. Widevine. It may expand on the above answer a little.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 09:50:14 AM »
Android does not support physical DVD / CD / BD drives.

I have read about DVD drives with an AV mode being supported (they work same as attached USB storage - showing disc contents as data) but this will be of limited use. You may be able to play DVDs in a rudimentary way but definitely not BD. The Samsung drive you mention I think works like this.

I suggest ripping your discs to HDD. You'll probably have to do this eventually..

Did make ISO's from most of my DVD, BD and SACD.  You may P.M. me for questions about the how.
Second reason to do this is getting a good backup.

ISO support with Q10 Pro (and native folders) is pretty decent but not perfect yet:
- Hope to get SACD working with the next update?
- Hope to get Menu support (in media center) at least for DVD but better also for BD. It has hinted that it might be coming?
- With version 1.03 almost all my ISO's do play. After availability of version 1.05 will start reporting any exceptions. All are standard material as commercially released some are stripped and some are re-muxed  / re-encoded (DVD mainly).
- Native folders are detected with a matching ICON (DVD and BD), but ISO's are not. Would be nice if this was done too. 
- The standard file browser does strange things. Selecting Video for instance will reveal more File types than ALL does. ALL allows more file operations though which is a correct implementation.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:55:12 AM by Nice Monkey »

Djinn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 01:43:56 PM »
Netflix HD is unlikely. HiMedia say it's very difficult for an overseas company to get Netflix HD certification.

I'm still waiting for a reply re. Widevine. It may expand on the above answer a little.
Keep in mind that many users want this feature in an Android box and if Himedia aspire to be the leading company in the market, they should achieve it.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 02:03:01 PM »

Keep in mind that many users want this feature in an Android box and if Himedia aspire to be the leading company in the market, they should achieve it.

If it were entirely up to HiMedia then it would happen. Unfortunately, it's not. It's Netflix who are restricting access to their HD app.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »
Hi there,

Update from HiMedia, Widevine level 3 will be in future firmware.

Widevine level 1 needs to be implemented in hardware so will not happen with Q5/Q10 Pro.

bennySB

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 06:10:24 PM »
Thx for this Information. It's a Bad news for me but good to know.

DancesWithChickens

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »
Wrapper plays next file automatically - this should be optional/off.

Wrapper does not dim video when paused for a longer period of time - possible burn-in for Plasma tv owners.

madman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 08:31:16 PM »
Choosing different fonts in wrapper, or ability to upload fonts to device would be nice. My old player based on RTD 1073DD chipset had that feature:-).

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024