United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: HD-Audio HiMedia H8 (RK3368)  (Read 40633 times)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HD-Audio HiMedia H8 (RK3368)
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 08:29:46 AM »
Sorry to change the subject slightly but 3D ISO.?

3D-ISO plays OK in hardware app. Same as Q5/Q10/M3 with BD-lite menus.

skank

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »
Is kodi less buggy now with new firmware?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 03:23:47 PM »
Better, but still the odd crash. It's a very new chipset so there needs to be some work from both the Kodi and Himedia sides.

There are a number of RK3368 boxes coming so I'd expect it to become very stable quite quickly.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 03:51:02 PM »
The only thing that would need changing is the name of the hardware player app, otherwise it would work.

Hopefully I'll have more time tomorrow and can have a look at it.

We have tried to create a playercorefactory for H8 to launch hardware player within Kodi and we have been unable to get it working.

The problem is that the Q5 playercorefactory does not call the himedia hardware player directly, rather through the wrapper app. Calling the H8's hardware player directly from playercorefactory does not work.

So we are still reliant on Himedia creating a wrapper app for H8.

This is to clarify something I've just read on the Kodi forum which says that a wrapper exists providing the same 7.1 audio in Kodi solution as for Q5/Q10/M3. It does not. Yet.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:52:54 PM by futeko.com »

MortUK

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 04:56:17 PM »
Do you know the filename of the external player on the H8.?

The current one for the Q5 is shown as "com.himedia.xbmcwrapper" in playercorefactory.xml I'm assuming it's different with the H8's external player...

Mort.

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »
<player name="HimediaVideoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.himedia.android.videoplayer</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
with q5 can  call the himedia hardware player directly only for local file fro MVK ecc, not work for iso.

MortUK

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 09:20:12 PM »
<player name="HimediaVideoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.himedia.android.videoplayer</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
with q5 can  call the himedia hardware player directly only for local file fro MVK ecc, not work for iso.

Thanks Looun,

I'll have a go when my box arrives... It doesn't sound hopefull though..

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2015, 08:49:56 AM »
Do you know the filename of the external player on the H8.?

The current one for the Q5 is shown as "com.himedia.xbmcwrapper" in playercorefactory.xml I'm assuming it's different with the H8's external player...

Mort.

External player according to 'sysyem info for android' app is com.himedia.android.videoplayer. So same as Q5.

When launched in Kodi nothing happens. When launched from system info you get an error message 'cannot start this app'.

There's also an app called come.himedia.video which behaves exactly the same way.

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2015, 12:01:47 PM »
do you have try with kodi 14.2 ?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2015, 01:20:10 PM »
do you have try with kodi 14.2 ?

I used 16 Alpha 2 this morning and possibly 15.0 for earlier testing. I'll reflash and try and again from scratch with 14.2 later today.

Cudi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 07:48:09 PM »
Any news on Kodi stability? Which version is best now? How does the crashes occur. During playback or while browsing in the menus?

Is the playback on kodi amooth or are there micro stutter?

MortUK

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 11:48:20 PM »
Any news on Kodi stability? Which version is best now? How does the crashes occur. During playback or while browsing in the menus?

Is the playback on kodi amooth or are there micro stutter?

I've been playing around with Kodi 15.1 (Final) on my H8.. Putting aside the passthrough issues and only using Stereo audio the unit performs very well.. The only time i have had it crash is when switching between skins and the box actually handles crashes quite well. By that I mean the Android OS remains stable and only the Kodi application crashes, The only add-on i use is the Plex add-on. I would say that the interface is extremely slick and on par with my Fire TV box i have in my bedroom also running Kodi.

Just as a matter of disclosure i'm watching on a 2012, passive 3D, 55" LG TV with 7.1 audio setup... The picture quality is good, I'm comparing it to Kodi running on my Raspberry Pi 2 and I can't see and difference in picture quality and i'm happy with the quality it gives out. Playback is smooth.

I do have issues with audio sync, although with my Pioneer 922 AV Reciever I have had sync issues with 3D in EVERY player I have ever used with it. Including off the shelf Blurry players and my PS4..

Mort.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:54:41 PM by MortUK »

horstvdm

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 04:15:35 PM »
I fully agree, using a latest Kodi nighty build and for so far the box is working as it should.  It's snappy and compared to my Nuc the screen quality is more or less the same. I am not a high demanding user, mainly Kodi for streaming..

The only problem is Netflix.... somehow the box can't connect, seems that Netflix can't locate the hardware code of the box. Login is no problem but when I try to play a movie I only see a search screen trying to play a movie but nothing happens. Could be that I need to more patience...

Someone a suggestion?

Marcel

horstvdm

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 04:23:29 PM »
I forgot to mention that the basic interface is childish...... the other way around, new users will find it easy to work with but I would prefer that
they would take time to create something better. Further a language adjustment doesn't adjust the language of the main frame... Why not?

Marcel.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 10:23:01 AM »
I forgot to mention that the basic interface is childish

Other launchers can be installed if you don't like the home screen. It's completely customisable. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=launcher&c=apps&hl=en_GB

Further a language adjustment doesn't adjust the language of the main frame... Why not?

If you mean the tiles on the home screen then these are bitmaps. I agree it would be better if they changed to match interface language and will pass that idea onto Himedia.

The only problem is Netflix.... somehow the box can't connect, seems that Netflix can't locate the hardware code of the box. Login is no problem but when I try to play a movie I only see a search screen trying to play a movie but nothing happens. Could be that I need to more patience...

Someone a suggestion?

Just tested and I also get that problem with Netflix. Sticks on 'Loading' when playing video. I have told Himedia. They will fix it.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT ∙ COMPARE AUDIO STREAMERS
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024