United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Default Language Selection Being Ignored  (Read 4498 times)

Summy

• View Profile
Default Language Selection Being Ignored
« on: March 26, 2017, 03:31:49 AM »
Hello, all.

When using the wrapper It completely ignores the Kodi setting which overrides the default audio stream to that of an English stream, as well as ignoring the play next video setting.

Am i missing something?

Dave
2 x Q5's running Android 7 & Kodi 17.1 attached to an RN102 via wired gigabit & CAT5E

Phil181

• View Profile
Re: Default Language Selection Being Ignored
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 01:01:32 PM »
Yes, if you use the wrapper, it actually uses the in-built MediaCenter as the player.  This overcomes any Kodi issues (like HD audio).  When it finishes, it throws back to Kodi. 

The remote control has a button for language (bottom right hand side) and sub-titles (bottom left hand side) so you can change these while the movie is playing.

Summy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 01:31:42 AM »
Thanks for filling me in. Seems the Wrapper isn't all that useful really. I don't have 7.1 or HDR. Just bog standard DTS (HD), DD & 1080p in 5.1
2 x Q5's running Android 7 & Kodi 17.1 attached to an RN102 via wired gigabit & CAT5E

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 11:15:54 AM »
Thanks for filling me in. Seems the Wrapper isn't all that useful really. I don't have 7.1 or HDR. Just bog standard DTS (HD), DD & 1080p in 5.1
You can toggle the use of the wrapper ON/OFF using the Wrapper APP. It can also be uninstalled (and re-installed)  if more convenient.

Summy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 11:18:22 PM »
Thanks but when I toggle the wrapper to off I don't get any sound at all. Garbage. I wish I'd paid the extra for a Shield now

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 08:57:34 AM »
Thanks but when I toggle the wrapper to off I don't get any sound at all. Garbage. I wish I'd paid the extra for a Shield now

That's with standard Kodi 17+.

You get 5.1 channel sound max from Kodi 16.1 and the 'shitty' (unfortunate name - all they do is put back some of the stuff Kodi removed in version 17 including the old HD-Audio passthrough method) builds of Kodi 17.1.

Kodi changed and broke a lot of stuff with Kodi 17. All manufacturers are struggling to catch up. HiMedia will be amongst the first to get it all working properly. See here for Kodi audio change explanation: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735

Links to the latest 'shitty' builds are in the opening post of the above Kodi forum thread.

Summy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 12:38:50 AM »
Thanks, chief

So if I wanted a temporary fix, which build should I install?

Dave

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 03:23:05 PM »
Thanks, chief

So if I wanted a temporary fix, which build should I install?

Dave

The latest (20-MAR) shitty build is here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/kodi-20170320-d2c0f26-shitty-armeabi-v7a.apk

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024