United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: himedia h8 dtb and dolby droupot  (Read 5192 times)

gil21

• View Profile
himedia h8 dtb and dolby droupot
« on: October 31, 2016, 01:17:49 PM »
heloo i just bought hi media h8 octa core
i am having a problem with the movie that have dts and dolby with passthrought on the sound drop every 5 seconds,makes the experience unenjoyable

my question is there a fix for this?

thx

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: himedia h8 dtb and dolby droupot
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 03:52:38 PM »
You shouldn't get 5.1 audio dropouts with H8.

What app are you playing the files from? From what source (USB / network - what type of network?).

Audio dropouts could be caused by many things so I need as much detail as possible to provide a useful answer.

Manesik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 07:54:29 AM »
I'm having the same issue. Just got the box several weeks ago. Firmware upgraded to 1.1.3. The problem appears if you try to use Kodi higher than the 15rc1 with passthrough. Audio drops out constantly at an approximately 5 second interval.

I reverted to old Kodi. However, frequent audio dropouts occur over passthrough including stereo signal regardless of player used including the himedia player. These dropouts occur at random... sometimes seconds apart... often minutes apart, rarely 10s of minutes apart.

For both issues I've found numerous posts on various sites but no solutions. 

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 09:25:20 AM »
An imperfect solution is to use the Android media player app.

Kodi support on H8 is limited because of Rockchip's refusal to update their custom Kodi (15 as pre-installed).

Manesik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 06:07:18 PM »
I haven't tried the android media player and so can't say for sure but I suspect the intermittent audio dropout would continue regardless of player.  Seems to me to be related to the hardware drivers.  The issue was present when using kodi, Himedia player or listening to Spotify. 

I couldn't find a copy of the official 1.x firmwares and so last night i pushed the firmware version down from the official 1.1.3 to the unofficial 1.1.2 (Futeko) load i found in this forum.  Intermittent audio dropouts are now gone and so the problem seems to be specific to 1.1.3.  I found posts where people identified this problem after upgrading to the 1.1.3 release.  Upgrading Kodi to the official releases still results in audio dropouts at ~5second intervals. 

... I think it was in these forums i found people discussing the ZDMC Kodi 15.2 stable.  I installed that and seems to be working with some hickups.  Audio works fine, but having the rockchips video acceleration enabled gives me no video output on playback.  With it disabled all seems to work fine and video performance still appears much more fluid than what i observed running 16.x official kodi releases with no rockchip driver support.  (Note that i also tried loading up the ZDMC 16.x releases but have no audio over passthrough whatsoever leading me to believe they pushed in firmware fixes making it incompatible with the H8 box).

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024