FREE+FAST WORLD SHIPPING
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Zidoo Z1000
Professional 4K HDR media box with 3.5” internal HDD bay, auto resolution + framerate switching, UHD/BD menus, Hi-Fi audio and Zidoo media interface.

Author Topic: Installing a new internal HDD in the Q10 pro...  (Read 41529 times)

caseyjones

• View Profile
Re: Installing a new internal HDD in the Q10 pro...
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2018, 03:06:31 PM »
Facing the same problem, if i want q10 to detect the HDD, i must unplug the usb cable connected to it first, which is quite troublesome as ill be transferring movies to the q10 with HDD inserted.
USB is nothing but a probelm from day one. It's a one connection that does all, but not without problems.

It's another 'interface the date has to go thru. SATA to USB back to SATA. Since the Q10 has a easy to remove HDD, do so, open up your tower (unless you have an eSATA port) and connect the drive internally for a direct xfer. A couple of extar steps, but far less problems and it's faster.  ;)

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2018, 05:03:36 AM »
There is no need to remove the internal drive.  As already noted, plugging a USB 3.0 cable into the rear port of the Q10 (and switching on) makes it behave exactly like an external HDD from Seagate or WD when plugged into a PC  :)
I even use a Seagate PS plug pack to power it, away from the TV room.

Bensy99

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2019, 08:39:49 PM »
But where is the instructions?

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2019