United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Installing a new internal HDD in the Q10 pro...  (Read 64330 times)

caseyjones

• View Profile
Re: Installing a new internal HDD in the Q10 pro...
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2018, 03:06:31 PM »
Facing the same problem, if i want q10 to detect the HDD, i must unplug the usb cable connected to it first, which is quite troublesome as ill be transferring movies to the q10 with HDD inserted.
USB is nothing but a probelm from day one. It's a one connection that does all, but not without problems.

It's another 'interface the date has to go thru. SATA to USB back to SATA. Since the Q10 has a easy to remove HDD, do so, open up your tower (unless you have an eSATA port) and connect the drive internally for a direct xfer. A couple of extar steps, but far less problems and it's faster.  ;)

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2018, 05:03:36 AM »
There is no need to remove the internal drive.  As already noted, plugging a USB 3.0 cable into the rear port of the Q10 (and switching on) makes it behave exactly like an external HDD from Seagate or WD when plugged into a PC  :)
I even use a Seagate PS plug pack to power it, away from the TV room.

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2023, 01:48:30 PM »
Hello All

Can someone please confirm that the Usb cable A-B referred to here in, is basically a high speed blue Usb cable with two male connectors.

Thank you

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2023, 02:17:15 PM »
Hello All

Can someone please confirm that the Usb cable A-B referred to here in, is basically a high speed blue Usb cable with two male connectors.

Thank you

No, it's the same cable you might use for a printer. The Q10 Pro has a USB Type-B slave USB port on the back.

As here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Male-B-Male-Cable-Feet/dp/B00NH13DV2/

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2023, 03:37:43 PM »
Thank you. Just looked at the back. Was not even aware it was there. Presumed the Usb blue port was the one on the side, even though the back was mentioned. 🤔🤔 hey Ho
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 03:44:50 PM by Icarium20 »

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2023, 10:23:53 AM »
Hello Again

Back on this job. Now have the correct lead. Now my initial problem is that with lead plugged into Pc , shows the drive etc, but after say 30seconds the drive disappears from the screen. I then have to unplug from Pc, reinsert and then I have another 30 seconds, which unfortunately isn’t enough time for me.

What would be the cause of the Pro 10 disk disappearing. It’s on , so is PC so why, and where is the button I need to keep the pro 10 visible for longer.

Many thanks

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024