United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Audio Coaxial Hum/Noise problem  (Read 1121 times)

gionloc

• View Profile
Audio Coaxial Hum/Noise problem
« on: April 09, 2021, 09:18:03 PM »
Hello,
I bought a Himedia Q10 Pro from Romania thinking it would be an easy solution for playing Tidal and movies and concerts (from my PC through network) with decent sound to my DAC and Tube amp. I was not hoping for audiophile quality from it (I play CDs from a dedicated transport and I also have a good record player for classical especially), but I was not thinking about what I see (hear) either...
With coaxial signal I have a lot of noise in my system. When is music/film it covers the noise (like a hum), but on silent passages you may hear the „devil” :)
I have no other problem of this kind, I tried different cables, all software settings...
Do you have any idea? Maybe a linear source with grounding (and minus to ground)?

Thank you!

Dutchie53

• View Profile
Re: Audio Coaxial Hum/Noise problem
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 06:31:57 AM »
I'm not sure if It works, but if you put the volume up to 15 from the HiMedia Q10 Pro there will be no distortion anymore (Kodi issue)! Use the remote control from your amplifier to the desired level.

manley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 10:02:02 AM »
I've used the digital coax out to my dac with no problems. As to high resolution I think the Himedia due to the android software outputs (resamples) everything at 48Khz not ideal. There are a couple of apps which can bypass this limitation I believe.

gionloc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 08:35:52 AM »
Thank you for answering so fast!
Strange situation - next day after writing you, the horror stopped without any special action.
I put the mediaplayer on and I thought that I have no connection with DAC. I pushed the volume up on the amplifier and no crazy noise. Checked the DAC, everything was OK as connection. Works without any problem since that moment.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024