FREE+FAST WORLD SHIPPING
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
HiMedia S500
New HiMedia HiSilicon media box running Google Certified Android TV 9.0. Imprex 2.0 image enhancement. Bluetooth voice remote.

Author Topic: Replacing Q10 Pro Cooling Fan  (Read 1221 times)

luthiensdad

• View Profile
Replacing Q10 Pro Cooling Fan
« on: June 27, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »
Okay, I'm wondering if anyone here has already replaced a problematic cooling fan in their Q10 Pro. I've got the correct replacement & see 4 Phillips screws on back holding it in place, but to install a new one do I need to open the lid of the box & remove some internal trim pieces, or can this be done from the box exterior?  TIA

DancesWithChickens

• View Profile
Re: Replacing Q10 Pro Cooling Fan
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 06:14:20 PM »
It's been a few months, but I had the issue that the fan made some noise, so I took the Q10 Pro apart.
As far as I remember the fan can be easily replaced, I also ordered a replacement unit off of eBay that fits.
But in my case, it was enough to clean the fan with a spray duster and oiled the middle  with a tiny bit of machine oil (from my razor) using a q-tip.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 08:50:49 AM »
You need to open up the box to remove the fan, but it's not difficult.

Info on opening up the Q10 Pro. You will only need to remove the HDD tray part to get enough access to remove the fan. It's 4 screws: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1622.msg14469#msg14469

Info on fan type: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1000.msg24141#msg24141

DancesWithChickens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 06:02:26 PM »
As I recall there is also a video on YouTube where someone disassembles it.

laager

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 04:59:49 PM »
Mine has started making a somewhat awful noise for the first 30s or so on power up and the unit is only around 6 months old. Rather than sending the unit back at insane cost, does Futeko have any suggestions for initial maintenance/troubleshooting?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 09:29:46 AM »
With Q10 Pro off, put a vacuum cleaner hose to the fan outlet and see if it sucks dust/debris off the fan.

Otherwise, the instructions I linked to earlier in this thread show how to disassemble the Q10 Pro and replace the fan. The fan part is standard sized and replacements can be purchased inexpensively.

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2019