FAST WORLD DELIVERY FROM THE UK
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Dune HD RealBox 4K
Dune ecosystem Ultra-HD 4K HDR+ Media Player. Realtek 1395 chipset.  £149.99  €171  $208

Author Topic: Upgrade A5, A8 Pro, A10, A11, A13 to Android 7  (Read 3462 times)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade A5, A8 Pro, A10, A11, A13 to Android 7
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 07:54:46 AM »
Installed CFW's based on A11BD_CN_N_Firmware_20201116_v3.0.6.9_pd on my A11 and an equivalent CFW based v3.0.6.9 on my A10. All thanks go to E_CS for making these available.
Main post updated accordingly.

Anyway good to see some development goes on. The main change with this release is the Egreat Controller APP (Android and IOS versions) advancements made. It is in English now and also has an additional generic remote control function added to it. In combination with the Music Player update this FW is a substancial improvement for those listening to music using Egreat Controller like me. :)

For the Chinese market there are multiple APP's included in the CN versions doing: IPTV, Online TV, Cinema On Demand etc. All in Chinese and some illegal to be distributed in Western Countries. Your shop may be shut down when selling these bundled so they will never come in western FW versions! These have all been removed with the CFW versions.

Warning: Don't use the "Audio source output" option specifically when using the new APP:
- It is very limited doing 24-bit 96KHz only anyway (not 44,1, 192 or 88.2/176.4 for SACD)
- It is implemented as a dedicated 2nd runtime music player which runs independently. You may easily end up with both running in parallel with obscure results.
- Using the APP you can't exit the music player(s) as the dialog for exit versus background is just displayed on the TV (which is not on).

The good news is that Music Player works quite well with a simple, nice and intuitive GUI despite a few flaws. In fact it works better for me than even the most recent Zidoo equivalent. Hi-res music reproduction missing dearly obviously.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 02:57:54 PM by Nice Monkey »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade A5, A8 Pro, A10, A11, A13 to Android 7
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 02:58:43 PM »
CFW versions based on v3.0.6.9 are including also French now (under construction).
Volunteers for translations to other languages are most welcome.

You can fetch the various English templates for translation here:
http://en.egreatworld.com/comunity/index.php?threads/cfw-base-on-egreat-v3-0-6-x-community-translation.19384/#post-31862
Just offer to do so on the Egreat forum there.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 04:19:03 PM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2020