FAST DELIVERY EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX     DELIVERY INFO    FORUM    CONTACT
Zidoo NEO S

Professional 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with dual ESS DACs and 5" OLED display.
  INCLUSIVE OF EXPRESS 1-2 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Is Android 7 too heavy/demanding for Q10 Pro?  (Read 1239 times)

mulderfox

• View Profile
Is Android 7 too heavy/demanding for Q10 Pro?
« on: June 14, 2019, 01:26:32 AM »
I've experienced much more crashes and slow downs in Android 7 based firmwares on my Q10 pro than with Android 5.1 based firmware.
What do you think?

Joker

• View Profile
Re: Is Android 7 too heavy/demanding for Q10 Pro?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 03:25:11 AM »
I am not experiencing these issues you are having with Android 7. My box is stable and apart from a few known quirks I am generally happy with it.

Although this is not a long-term solution for you, I would suggest running a stock standard version for a while, to see if you still have the same issues you are currently getting. With Kodi being the exception, I would recommend Kodi 17.6 (shitty) version. I am running this version with only an occasional hiccup. Sometimes when I start Kodi, I get a message it is not responding, exiting out and restarting Kodi works the next time.

It might be one particular app that is causing you grief and the only way to find out will be process of elimination.

I might also add; I would lay off installing lots of Kodi plug-ins until you are satisfied you have a stable base.

Are the crashes and slowdowns in general usage on the Q10 or do they happen while using Kodi?

As a trial run, if you went to Android 7 with the latest firmware and no other packages (apart from kodi update) installed, is the outcome still the same?

rollingrock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 03:57:41 AM »
. Sometimes when I start Kodi, I get a message it is not responding, exiting out and restarting Kodi works the next time.

I get this message frequently on my himedia device and running many apps but funnily do not get it on my homedia Q30 ever.

mulderfox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 04:02:37 AM »
I have tried multiple 2.x.x firmwares, all from clean factory reset condition. Those always had some stability issues. All the crashes I mention are from within Kodi back out to the main screen. The box itself is stable, just Kodi isn't. since version 18 came out, the integration seems to have gone to shit - or the switch to Android 7 did it. I am currently back at 5.1 with Kodi 17.6. After fiddling a bit with playerfactory.xml most things run fine aside from the following:
  • Youtube application (outside kodi) is limited to 1080p and cannot go above.
  • Youtube add-on inside Kodi does not function correctly by itself (using either the wrapper or the kodi videoplayer) and seems to crash. However, if I use mxplayer as the player, it does work, but is limited to only 720p.
  • Certain network streamed content does not play with any player option under Kodi (makoTV, Walla)
  • IPTV channels do play when ran from the add-on itself, but not when used as channels.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:10:55 AM by mulderfox »

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 07:26:41 AM »

mulderfox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 03:09:26 AM »
Thanks, but these issues were there from a clean firmware flash (no data existing) of firmware 1.1.0

DELIVERY    WARRANTY / RETURNS    PAYMENT    ABOUT
Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2021