FREE+FAST WORLD SHIPPING
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
FEATURED  :  MEDIA BOX  :  ALL  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Zidoo Z9S
Feature packed 4K HDR Android box with auto resolution + framerate switching, UHD/BD menus and Hi-Fi audio.

Author Topic: Zidoo UHD2000 € 748,- flagship model with HD Audio including SACD/DSD  (Read 722 times)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
This is the new flagship Zidoo model with HD Audio including SACD/DSD:
Introduced at the 27th Shanghai International Hi-Fi Exhibition SIAV 2019 , which was held on 12 - 14 April 2019.
Now also announced for Europe:
https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/model/UHD2000/target/+S1T99[ld]Q8MRKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

In fact the now added XMOS chipset is used to interface the SOC via internal USB with the SABRE ES9038 DAC instead of going straight I2S:
RTD1296 SOC (USB) => XMOS => ES9038 => Analog RCA/XLR.
This is a minimal clock-jitter proven HQ design with very relevant off-the-shelf Android audio drivers for it.
It does not improve audio quality directly as such but enables all HD audio features of that excellent DAC to be accessed optimally including native SACD/DSD output.
USB also overcomes the SPDIF upper bandwidth limitations for HD audio via PCM/DSD streams. Technically the PCM limit via USB is up to 32-bit 768 kHz and DSD512 but frankly that is just the commercial talk.

This said we have also the 5 functional differences with the X20 Pro:
- The sound quality is in theories better due to including a linear PSU and minimal clock-jitter interfacing. Differences will be challenging to hear and be very subjective to reproduce for standard available albums and records.
- Only if you really purchase/own direct studio master recordings in PCM formats above 24-bit 192 kHz and/or SACD's in DSD format then this model will reproduce these without down-scaling or DSD conversion to PCM unlike the X20 Pro does.
- Using a well known USB (XMOS) interface with matching drivers the new UHD2000 is potentially compatible with Music Player APP's supporting External USB DAC"s? This is not as trivial as it sounds as some may prefer one of the well known Music Player APP's above the bundled Zidoo Music Player 5.0 APP.
- Using a quality Linear PSU is always a step forward as rockstable power is the source for the best possible video and audio which may be produced. Digital circuitry benefits from it as it stabilizes most of all clock circuitry avoiding potential jitter. Power consumption will be considerable higher as a linear PSU consumes 10% of nominal capacity minimal even with zero load. Assuming a 60W PSU being deployed that will be above 6 W extra. Frankly this is still peanuts compared with what a big TV and worse a HT AMP+Subwoofer consume. Sleepmode will almost be the same. A special standby circuit is added switching off the main transformer to avoid deep standby load to go up with the same amount! Remark: deep standby must be below 1W/0.5W according EC regulations!
- 12V 5A linear PSU including a special voltage adopting mechanism to deal with 110V-120V and 220v-240V ranges avoiding the need to set voltage ranges manually. The PSU selects the correct mains automatically (picture shows 115V and 230V outputs on the transformer as usual). The transformer is also nicely shielded and hopefully absolutely silent as it should be. This is a really smart move by Zidoo as people have forgotten to check for voltage ranges and this design avoids potential serious damages.

In contrary to the Dune HD Ultra 4K and Eweat R11 it facilitates dual HDD slots. It got the great looks of an Egreat A13 with a flap for the dual HDD bays similar to the single one on the Z1000. The back just looks identical to a X20 Pro. Additional features like External USB/SPDIF inputs and headphone & trigger panels included by both Dune & Eweat were not added.
The inside is very much X20 Pro alike only far more crowded. Other general specifications include 4 GByte RAM, 32 GByte flash, Bluetooth (BT) remote control and one USB 3c port just like X20 Pro. USB3c is good as it should work in both host/slave modes (my RTD1295 based Xtreamer eXpress with USB3c does so). It looks the inserted HDD on the right hides the 2x USB2 ports below (if these are on the same place as with X20 Pro too which they most likely are).

A question remaining is will MCH DSD tracks be supported and is the ES9038 option for "Pass L+R" or "Down-mix to L+R" made available for those? In fact this is not HW related but depending on the bundled Music Player capabilities using the new Audio Panel.

Other details and an European prices: € 759.- here:
https://dnltrading.com/gb/zidoo/589...etwork-media-player-android-smart-tv-box.html
And at Futeko slightly more expensive € 767,- here:
https://www.futeko.com/products/MP101.php
According to the German Zidoo site this price will go up considerably (€ 80) after introduction?
https://www.zidoo.de/produkte/zidoo-uhd2000-4k-android-mediaplayer-vorbesteller-sonderpreis

Must say this completes a nice Zidoo line of media players for all budgets. Do have the gut feeling X20 will be replaced by Z1000 and X20 Pro by UHD2000 4K as soon this baby is out mid October (once more a delay was announced).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:59:10 AM by Nice Monkey »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
@futeko.com

It is really just XMOS and not JXMOS or JMXOS as in the advertisement.
A USB 3C port is not a SLAVE port but HOST/SLAVE. My RTD1295 based Xtreamer eXpress has such a port so use it already in practice.

It also states PSU 100-240V v which I doubt very much. This is very common with switched mode PSU's but a Linear PSU uses a big transformer requiring a manual switch to change from 110V to 220V ranges.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 11:35:53 AM by Nice Monkey »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I was relying on specs given to me by Zidoo. I will check with them.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
I see some corrections were applied to the announcement. The power related points were not. We will see when it is shipped but I am pretty sure there.

Updated the initial post. Added also the End-Of-Sales for X20 and X20 Pro gut feeling.
If you still want the X20 or X20 Pro better be quick. X20 already has gone here on Futeko.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 11:51:35 AM by Nice Monkey »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
As far as we know X20 and X20 Pro will continue to be manufactured and sold.

The reason we stopped selling X20 is that as a small retailer there is a limit to how many products we can stock at X20/X20/UHD2000 kind of prices.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
As far as we know X20 and X20 Pro will continue to be manufactured and sold.
It is just my gut feeling.  ;D

Personally I would never buy/sell a X20 Pro anymore with UHD2000 around the corner fixing its shortcomings.  :-X
Z1000 seems to sell far better than X20, in fact you just confirmed this yourself.  ;)
Value/money is better for X20 but Z1000 looks much nicer and not many appreciate a 42 cm wide box. Those which do want  a full size box can still go for the UHD2000. Good marketing strategy Zidoo. 8)

Hint for Futeko: You could add a second line of players sold via backorder? No idea how well it it will be received but many like to buy via you (I am one of them)  and some models are not sold widely or at far higher prices. Many don't like buying in China directly either. The business risk in fact is minimal.  ;D
I do understand having a big stock with an undefined Brexit around the corner may cause bad sleeping.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:27:22 AM by Nice Monkey »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Historically we've only stocked a very small range of products but I will consider expanding the range by implementing backorder.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
I will consider expanding the range by implementing backorder.
I see in fact you did. I wish you all the success doing so.  ;)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I see in fact you did. I wish you all the success doing so.  ;)

:) Thanks for the idea.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Zidoo UHD2000 € 748,- flagship model with HD Audio including SACD/DSD
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 11:52:32 AM »
First shipment keeps shifting: Now it is mid of October already?
Clearly after IFA Berlin where it will be on intro display.

Also added a few real pictures of the prototype player on the Zidoo forum. I just see 2x USB3 (including 1x USB3c). It looks the inserted HDD on the right hides the 2x USB2 ports (if they are on the same place as X20 Pro). It also shows the Standby On/Off switch behind the front flap. Other Linear PSU details added to the original preview.

More pictures here only still missing a picture with the front flap down and the HDD handles closed:
https://www.zidoo.de/produkte/zidoo-uhd2000-4k-android-mediaplayer-vorbesteller-sonderpreis
It also suggest the price will go up with another € 80 after launch?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:05:02 PM by Nice Monkey »

Zidoo Z9S
Feature packed 4K HDR Android box with auto resolution + framerate switching, UHD/BD menus and Hi-Fi audio.
DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2019