FAST DELIVERY EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX     DELIVERY INFO    FORUM    CONTACT
Zidoo Z1000 Pro

Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision HDR10+ Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUSIVE OF EXPRESS 1-2 DAY DELIVERY 
$452

Author Topic: Weird USB Flash Drive Stick problem  (Read 1607 times)

unclejoshc

• View Profile
Weird USB Flash Drive Stick problem
« on: June 12, 2019, 12:48:57 AM »
Not sure if this has happened before to anyone.  I put some movies on a Samsung 32gb stick for my son to watch on his Q10.  The other day he let me know that the media player was not working.  I figured out that the power cord was the issue and replaced it.

However ever since then, I cannot get the drive to be recognized in any pc or laptop.  It works fine when plugged into both mine and my son's Q10 machines. It lists the movies, I can play them no problem, i can delete and transfer movies from the player's internal hard drives to the stick and vice versa and it has no issues in using in the players.  But it will not open or even be recognized in any other device I have tried which include 2 pc's and 3 laptops running either Windows 10 or 7. 

Any thoughts on what happened and why a flash drive works in the player fine but not in any other device?

stl

• View Profile
Re: Weird USB Flash Drive Stick problem
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 06:26:46 AM »
What do you mean it's not recognized? Does windows attribute a drive letter to it when you insert it?
Probably you have some sort of virus in the flash drive.

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 08:12:59 AM »
It sounds suspiciously like you have reformatted the stick on the Q10 which will now be in a Linux format. If this is the case, you need to reformat the stick in Fat32 or NTFS (which works on pretty much all devices).

unclejoshc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 04:15:49 PM »
What do you mean it's not recognized? Does windows attribute a drive letter to it when you insert it?
Probably you have some sort of virus in the flash drive.

In the main explorer window it does not show up at all.  When i look in disk management tool in windows in windows 7 only, it shows the drive letter it USED to show up as but says No Media and I cant do anything with it.  It does not show up in the disk management in Windows 10 at all.

unclejoshc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 04:48:59 PM »
It sounds suspiciously like you have reformatted the stick on the Q10 which will now be in a Linux format. If this is the case, you need to reformat the stick in Fat32 or NTFS (which works on pretty much all devices).

How could that have happened while plugged it and not used for weeks and no formatting tools on the device?  The stick was not in use at any time prior to this issue.  It was plugged in and when my son turned on the device, it immediately shut down and would not boot up.  I finally switched power cords and it booted up and the stick was recognized by the player. It was only when I took it out and tried to add more movies from my PC did I realize the drive wasn't recognized.

I cant reformat as it wont recognize in any device i have.

Guess it is a loss?  I just would like to know what happened or why.

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 05:12:40 PM »
When plugged in, does it show up in Device Manager under Disk Drives?

eccles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 06:11:29 PM »
Sounds like Joker is right. In windows explorer/file manager select "This PC" from the left-hand options then menu "Manage". Then option "Storage/Disk Management" and allow Windows to populate the right window. You should see your USB drive there and it will allow you to delete the partition, assign a new partition, give it a drive letter then format it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:14:44 PM by eccles »

unclejoshc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 02:18:23 PM »
When plugged in, does it show up in Device Manager under Disk Drives?

Yes  but it does not show up under my computer.

unclejoshc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »
Sounds like Joker is right. In windows explorer/file manager select "This PC" from the left-hand options then menu "Manage". Then option "Storage/Disk Management" and allow Windows to populate the right window. You should see your USB drive there and it will allow you to delete the partition, assign a new partition, give it a drive letter then format it.

I know how to do that, the problem is the drive just says "No Media" and is grey out. Cannot partition, cannot change drive, letter, etc.

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 02:42:37 PM »

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 02:30:26 AM »

unclejoshc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 04:20:59 PM »

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  PAYMENT    EU SHIPPING AFTER BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2021