MEDIA BOX    BUNDLES    OTHER
COMPARE    FORUM
Egreat A10
£249.99
€295
$330
ULTRA-HD 4K HDRBD-ISO MENUSINTERNAL+EXTERNAL SATA7.1 HD-AUDIOMEDIA PLAYER INTERFACEULTIMATE PQ
HiMedia Q5 Pro
£124.99
€148
$165
ULTRA-HD 4K HDRANDROID 7ULTIMATE PQTOTAL FORMAT SUPPORTHIMEDIA QUALITY + SUPPORT

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Official Firmware  (Read 144038 times)

eccles

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Official Firmware
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2017, 02:44:02 PM »
I hadn't seen that. Many thanks for the link.

domifer

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2017, 10:36:44 AM »
Meanwhile time keeps passing and no sign of a new Android 7 2.0.1 Firmware update, although 2 weeks have past since FW 1.09 for Android 5.1 has been posted.
Any news on this futeko?
It also surprises me that after 2 months HiMedia official firmware download page is still showing firmware 1.08 !!! (Neither Android 7 Firmware 2.0 nor Adroid 5.1 1.09 Firmware is there to download. I do hope is not because they are starting to abandon this device and flipping to newer ones   :o :-X
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:40:03 AM by domifer »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2017, 10:47:29 AM »
Meanwhile time keeps passing and no sign of a new Android 7 2.0.1 Firmware update, although 2 weeks have past since FW 1.09 for Android 5.1 has been posted.
Any news on this futeko?
It also surprises me that after 2 months HiMedia official firmware download page is still showing firmware 1.08 !!! (Neither Android 7 Firmware 2.0 nor Adroid 5.1 1.09 Firmware is there to download. I do hope is not because they are starting to abandon this device and flipping to newer ones   :o :-X

HiMedia have just been at Las Vegas CES showing Q5 / Q10 Pro as their flagship products. There are no new products, Q5/Q10 Pro will remain the main products and will continue to receive firmware development for the next year at least.

HiMedia told me that next Android 7 firmware should be next week (week beginning 16-JAN). Sorry for the delay.

domifer

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2017, 10:55:46 AM »

HiMedia have just been at Las Vegas CES showing Q5 / Q10 Pro as their flagship products. There are no new products, Q5/Q10 Pro will remain the main products and will continue to receive firmware development for the next year at least.

HiMedia told me that next Android 7 firmware should be next week (week beginning 16-JAN). Sorry for the delay.
Thanks for your quick answer.
That still doesn't explain why the Firmware page is so out of date.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2017, 11:15:12 AM »

I don't know why HiMedia haven't updated their firmware page.

All I would speculate is that the existence of two Android 5.1 / Android 7 firmwares makes the update process more complex and this is better handled by a forum (i,e this forum) rather than a simple list of update.zip files. I guess HiMedia are happy with us handling the firmware updates.

domifer

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2017, 12:24:01 PM »

All I would speculate is that the existence of two Android 5.1 / Android 7 firmwares makes the update process more complex and this is better handled by a forum (i,e this forum) rather than a simple list of update.zip files. I guess HiMedia are happy with us handling the firmware updates.

I don't mind , as I myself discovered this forum by googling right when I bought this device late summer 2016. But, I did not buy it through futeko.com , but via a Chinese online electronic page (and yes i have the European / International version). But I still wonder if this isn't a risky thing, because many customers do not have or want to have the skills for following forums , specially if they didn't even buy the device here.
Many customers may just rely on HiMedia official page, or in OTAs. In this case they will be left out completely from the Android 7 experience (as it didn't appear on Himedia's page and there was no OTA for Firmware 2.0) , also OTA was not working properly for 1.08 and 1.09 anyway.

Futeko I appreciate fully your efforts and this forum and I am quite happy , don't get me wrong, my doubts and my words are meant for HiMedia.

Parisno

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2017, 08:13:08 PM »
OK, finally got round to installing Android 7 on my Q10Pro. Followed the instructions and did it in two steps and all seems good.

One of the (many) things I use this box for is playing Video files from a HDD attached to a Linksys router on my network, tried to map the share on the Linksys from the Media player, can browse to it fine but when connecting get numerous errors wrong password - its not, new server error - whatever that means, LAN has stopped, please restart - it hadn't. Tried in Kodi, this worked a little better, browse to the share add it with username/password, browse the contents, select a file to play and "Mount error", same with any file. (I should mention I tried both browsing for the share and adding by servername\sharename and IP\sharename with the same results)

Reinstalled Android 7 no change, revert to android 5.1 and all working fine again, what's going on here, can anyone help? I would really like to upgrade but not being able to add a network share to the Q10Pro is a deal breaker.

HereIsTom

• Hate HiMedia
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2017, 03:54:56 PM »
Still no OTA update since 1.09?

onyxx1995

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2017, 04:50:07 PM »
1.0.9 is the latest for android 5.1....

HereIsTom

• Hate HiMedia
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #279 on: January 18, 2017, 06:53:14 PM »

Yes I know, but most people want an OTA for 2.0.1 because not everyone is so convenient to update itself and I do not want all my personal settings lost!

tmihai20

• Smart devices enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My blog (mostly Romanian)
« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2017, 08:03:46 PM »
This has been discussed. There will be no OTA from 1.x.x to 2.x.x because the /system partition needs to be adjusted, increased. This is why there is need for 2 steps for upgrading and 2 for downgrading. I checked for OTA from 2.0.0, but there was none.
Riddle me this, riddle me that
Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
TV: 42LA641S (42 inches, 3D, fullHD)
Player: Q10 Pro with HMD-2.0.0 2016-11-17.181855

Mr Ed.

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 18, 2017, 09:52:37 PM »

I am a newbie user. I got my Q5 Pro with firmware 1.0.8 in November.  I was quite happy with it till I upgraded to Android 7 Nougat through the two-step upgrade. But although the upgrade went okay, my wifi and lan are not recognized anymore. I tried LAN and wifi mode separately but still was unable to connect. Finally I rolled back to 1.08 and voila! everything is fine.

Couple of days ago I got an OTA upgrade (1.09) which I applied; things seem to be fine so far.

My gut feeling is that Nougat with 2.0 still has some glitches that need to be sorted out. Guess I will wait till an OTA upgrade comes out, unless someone on this forum encourages me otherwise :-[
My Q5 Pro works fine with the manually update to 7.0 Nougat. I only don't use wifi, only LAN.

oxanna

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 18, 2017, 10:00:47 PM »

the Android 5.1 version 1.9 software was made on December, so it is very recent. Also is the version that works well. Android 7 is something native and I think if you use many hdd is not suitable and will return again soon to  5.1Iubts and my words are meant for HiMedia.
my multimedia equipment:
tv :  LG OLED 65E6V ;   PANASONIC TX-75dx780E
Players : Himedia Q5Pro ; Egreat A5 ;
sintoamplifier AV Honkyo TX-NR646
audio : JBL-Indiana line Dolby Atmos  7.1
12 Hard disks of 3 TB for total  36 TB

oxanna

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 18, 2017, 10:04:16 PM »

Yes I know, but most people want an OTA for 2.0.1 because not everyone is so convenient to update itself and I do not want all my personal settings lost!
it is not true that people want a OTA update.
when it is common knowledge that this is an upgrade over the old software.
while you are doing it from a USB key with zip files. It is a new software and is better. also it is very easy to equal.
my multimedia equipment:
tv :  LG OLED 65E6V ;   PANASONIC TX-75dx780E
Players : Himedia Q5Pro ; Egreat A5 ;
sintoamplifier AV Honkyo TX-NR646
audio : JBL-Indiana line Dolby Atmos  7.1
12 Hard disks of 3 TB for total  36 TB

Sonictails85

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 18, 2017, 11:07:12 PM »
I am having a issue after upgrading to the firmware to Android 7.  I am having a problem running Nova Launcher.  it alows me to set it up, but after that...it doesn't kick in.  When i was on Android 5.1 i never had this problem.

DELIVERY      WARRANTY      RETURNS      FAQ      KODI      UK & EUROPEAN UNION      ABOUT      CONTACT      
PayPal Acceptance Mark
Prices are charged in £GBP with conversion at Paypal's current rate. The Euro / $USD price on our site is approximate. More info here.
Cookie Policy. Prices for UK + EU delivery include VAT at 20%. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2017. All rights reserved.