United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Audio not synch at Full-HD MKVs and ISOs and 4K on Full-HD TV not working  (Read 12706 times)

HDMediaplayer

• View Profile
Hello futeko,

you ask me to test a file and then you close the thread.  :-X
That is the reason why I open a new one. I don't want to start a new discussion.
I want to give you a feedback to report this to HiMedia.
Actually the people who are disappointed about the H8 are focussing only on the basic functions.
Such (for a media-player) normal functions like fast forward or chapter jumps are also not working in Kodi with actual movies, but I did not mentioned that because first the basics have to work properly.
hdmediaplayer + others, do you see problems with this file?: http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_2160p_30fps_normal.mp4

How about any of the others here: http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html

Can you point me to any specific freely available demo files that show drifting audio sync and/or subtitle sync?
Actual FW used (updated with reset button update method).
I use LAN and NFS-share with a Netgear GS108Ev2 Gigabit switch (actual FW and default configuration) and a Synology DS415+ NAS.
I have "only" a Full-HD Panasonic TX-P65VT30E Plasma, no 4K TV.
H8 is connected via a Pioneer VSX-924 AV receiver to the Panasonic Plasma.
I made all tests with Kodi because you told me this is the future and HiMedia concentrate on this.
5.1 speaker configuration and pass-through is enabled for all supported audio formats in Kodi.

I have tested "bbb_sunflower_2160p_30fps_normal.mp4" so the H8 has to do the 4K to Full-HD conversion.
Result: AV is async very fast (in this case audio is ahead) and the video playback stutters. I set the H8 GUI to 50Hz and my TV switch to 60Hz for playback.

I have tested "bbb_sunflower_1080p_60fps_stereo_abl.mp4".
Result: AV is async very fast (in this case audio is ahead) and the video playback stutters. I set the H8 GUI to 50Hz and my TV switch to 60Hz for playback.

The 4K demo file: LG_4K_Demo_Garden_23.976.mp4 http://demo-uhd3d.com/files/uhd4k/LG_Demo_Garden.zip plays also stuttering (audio and video) when I play it on my Full-HD TV. After half a minute the sound disappears completely.  I set the H8 GUI to 50Hz and my TV switch to 24Hz for playback.

So it seems H8 can not handle 4K contend on a Full-HD TV set, if it is possible on a 4K TV I don't know.

I come back to Full-HD MKVs and ISOs, actually they are more common as 4K.
As Kilroy already mentioned the most modern movies have high bitrate video and audio tracks and they are normally in 23.976 Hz.
With a lot of Full-HD 2D-MKV and 3D-ISO files I have the AV synch problem that audio lags more and more over time.
After pause and play the audio is synchronous again for 3 to 5 minutes then the lag is that big that it is a pain to watch a movie.
I have the feeling that could be a 23.976 Hz problem.

There are two problems with it.
1.) Each 41.67 seconds one video frame is thrown away what means 41.67 ms of the video is missing but audio plays normal (nothing is thrown away and the replay speed for audio it not increased). That means for example, in 5 minutes you have a audio lag of 300 ms. -> AV is not in synch! And the lag is growing further.
Calculation: 5 * 60 s = 300 s; 300 s / 41.67 s = 7.2; 7.2 * 41,67 ms = 300 ms.
2.) Throw away one frame each 41,67 seconds means a micro-stutter each 41,67 seconds. Which is also annoying for most people.

So best practise is that you and/or the Chinese HiMedia/Rockchip developers made the tests which such common movies.
I am sure if they can reconstruct the error and they are willing to do, they can fix it (or they made a very poor hardware).

And remember " I don't want to start a new discussion.".
I only want a modern media-player for my hard earned money who can play modern movies.
It is also a waste of my time and nerves to write endless bug reports :(.
So I report only, you forward and we hope HiMedia/Rockchip fix it soon. 8)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:39:02 PM by HDMediaplayer »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audio not synch at Full-HD MKVs and ISOs and 4K on Full-HD TV not working
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 02:21:26 PM »
Thanks for the report. I will pass it onto Himedia.

HDMediaplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 10:10:14 PM »
One more info/question to narrow down the AV-synch problem.
Futeko have you tried the H8 with sound over an AV-receiver via HDMI or have you tested it with direct HDMI connection to a TV set and Kodi encodes the different sound formats to PCM? (You told us you never had the synch issue.)
Possible the first configuration has the problem the second not?

Kilroy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 03:19:35 PM »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 09:06:36 AM »

Kilroy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 10:49:05 PM »

HDMediaplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 06:31:24 PM »
... The Chinese 1.0.8 firmware contains fixes and we have a custom Europe firmware from CS (see thread for his custom Q5/Q10 firmwares) which we think will also fix it. The latter firmware needs proper testing but if it's OK we might post it on the forum this weekend.

Who is CS?
And were can we find his thread? (You have forgotten the link.)

Kilroy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 01:18:14 PM »
... The Chinese 1.0.8 firmware contains fixes and we have a custom Europe firmware from CS (see thread for his custom Q5/Q10 firmwares) which we think will also fix it. The latter firmware needs proper testing but if it's OK we might post it on the forum this weekend.

Who is CS?
And were can we find his thread? (You have forgotten the link.)

You can find the tread here http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=172.0

Ziddo have made another firmware fix (v1.0.26_X6PRO) that should fix the last problems but only time can tell, on the other hand they actually do something, that is hard to say about Himedia (to much bla bla, no action). http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=247537&page=7 (you can extract the Kodi and use it on the H8)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:25:52 PM by Kilroy »

HDMediaplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 06:37:00 PM »
Hi Kilroy,

thank you for the link.

I tried the Zidoo X6pro Kodi from FW v1.0.26 yesterday.
It works until I start a movie replay. Then Kodi immediately finish/crash.
(I uninstall H8 Kodi before and have cleaned the cache and other settings.)
So no temporary solution!

Have you or somebody else tested it?

Kilroy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 06:57:37 AM »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 11:11:57 AM »
Zidoo are sharing their improvements to Kodi as open source so all worthwhile Zidoo Kodi changes will be incorporated into H8 Kodi.

H8 1.0.8 will come after Christmas. Not what you want to hear, but that's the latest news.

Himedia have a different update policy to Zidoo. Less regular updates but hopefully better when they do come. At time of Himedia 1.0.7 final it performed better (notably for video artefacting and 3D) than Zidoo firmware at same time.

pepe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 09:29:40 AM »
@HDMediaplayer:
I have the same behaviour with Zidoo-Kodi 1.0.26. It crashes when I start a movie,
regardless if the movie is played from a local disk or network.

I will try a little further (playing with Kodi-options) to see if I will have success.
If so, I will post. In the meantime the Zidoo-Kodi 1.0.25 is the best solution for me
(no audio-sync issues with most of my movies, passthrough working)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 09:31:28 AM »
Something has changed in Zidoo Kodi from 1.0.26 that causes it not to work on current Himedia firmware.

Soon after Christmas Himedia will release a new firmware which will contain new Himedia Kodi.

HDMediaplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 05:30:06 PM »
@HDMediaplayer:
I have the same behaviour with Zidoo-Kodi 1.0.26. It crashes when I start a movie,
regardless if the movie is played from a local disk or network.

I will try a little further (playing with Kodi-options) to see if I will have success.
If so, I will post. In the meantime the Zidoo-Kodi 1.0.25 is the best solution for me
(no audio-sync issues with most of my movies, passthrough working)

Hi Pepe,

thanks for feedback.
If I disable the Rockchip hardware support in Kodi, it did not crash, but framerate switching and 3D-MVC does not longer work.
So it is useless.

Something has changed in Zidoo Kodi from 1.0.26 that causes it not to work on current Himedia firmware.

I can imagine that Zidoo built something in that checks if it is running on X6, if not -> terminate.
Or a hardware component is used which is different in X6 and H8 or a common library is not compatible...

pepe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 07:36:24 PM »
same with Zidoo-Kodi 1.0.27. When playing a movie, Kodi crashes...  >:(

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024