2 YEAR WARRANTY
FEATURED  :  MEDIA BOX  :  BUNDLES  :  OTHER  :  FORUM  :  CART
Zidoo Z10
3.5" HDD BAY
REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
ZIDOO HOME THEATRE
IN STOCK

Author Topic: how to watch 3d movies on kodi  (Read 202 times)

divakar_mba

• View Profile
how to watch 3d movies on kodi
« on: July 13, 2018, 03:31:13 AM »
when i press 3d button on remote of himedia q5pro kodi stopped and come to home page.please guide me how to watch 3d movies and also guide me aac audio i am getting 2.0 audio only how to enable 5.1 audio

Phil181

• View Profile
Re: how to watch 3d movies on kodi
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 08:17:20 AM »
Are you watching a 3D mkv rip?  Is it side-by-side or under-over?  In this case, it is seen and played as a normal video file and converted by your 3D TV.  There is no need to use the 3D button on the remote.
It should work fine if you use the standard "wrapper" settings as this shells Kodi out to "external videoplayer" and then AAC 5.1 is passed through as PCM audio to your AVR.

If you were trying to watch a 3D full frame-packed MVC .iso file (which is unlikely as I've not seen these come with lossy AAC audio) try using MediaCenter for playback rather than Kodi.  If you have not already done so, it is worth installing the Blu-ray menu add-on for this situation (to get the full menu  :) ).

Mount81

• View Profile
Re: how to watch 3d movies on kodi
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 02:04:16 PM »
Are you watching a 3D mkv rip?  Is it side-by-side or under-over?  In this case, it is seen and played as a normal video file and converted by your 3D TV.  There is no need to use the 3D button on the remote.
It should work fine if you use the standard "wrapper" settings as this shells Kodi out to "external videoplayer" and then AAC 5.1 is passed through as PCM audio to your AVR.

If you were trying to watch a 3D full frame-packed MVC .iso file (which is unlikely as I've not seen these come with lossy AAC audio) try using MediaCenter for playback rather than Kodi.  If you have not already done so, it is worth installing the Blu-ray menu add-on for this situation (to get the full menu  :) ).

He should be able to play also the .iso files from KODI with the Wrapper as well.

And I would not recommend the BD menu patch as it's still Beta and has the deficit of not switching the output frequency depending on the source when the video playback is started, just remains on the system 60HZ setting.

Zidoo X20 Pro
PRO DAC
2X HDMI
2X 3.5" HDD BAY
REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY  :  RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT  :  CONTACT
PayPal Acceptance Mark Prices are charged in £GBP with conversion at Paypal's current rate. The Euro / $USD price on our site is approximate. More info here. Prices for UK + EU delivery include VAT at 20%. COOKIE POLICY.

© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2018. All rights reserved.