2 YEAR WARRANTY
FEATURED  :  MEDIA BOX  :  BUNDLES  :  OTHER  :  FORUM  :  CART
Zidoo Z10
3.5" HDD BAY
REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
ZIDOO HOME THEATRE
IN STOCK

Author Topic: SMB/Windows 10 Kodi v17.6 - Error Connection Timed out - help  (Read 1292 times)

Gisciple

• View Profile
Hi,

I am very new to this so please be gentle with your criticism.

I'm getting the error messag on Kodi v17.6 (Krypton) - Connection Timed out,

I'm trying to stream/share media content from My PC to Q10 Pro over my home network, hardwired connection, cat6

All permissions and file sharing options are enabled on my PC, the drive and folder in question is also available to everyone in network,

I have assigned a static ip address under ethernet network adapter option on PC, amending IPv4 protocols section, NetBios is also enabled aswell, IPv6 Protocol is disabled,

I have also enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support options - CIFS Client & Server

On kodi, I follow this process:
Videos>Files>Browse>Add Network Location>
Protocol is highlighted already as Windows Network (SMB)

Server name, I have tried assigned ip address that i created and workgroup name that I found under my PC info (Homegroup option has dissappeared apparently..)

Shared - the initial of the drive that I have opened up to be shared

Port - Greyed out

Username/Password - Left blank,

Error' connection timed out prompt appears when continiuing,

I would appreaiate any advice or if you could point me in the right direction in guide or a thread in this forum becuase i am not sure what i am doing wrong or have missed,

Thanks,

Phil181

• View Profile
Re: SMB/Windows 10 Kodi v17.6 - Error Connection Timed out - help
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 02:18:58 AM »
Sounds like you are on the right track but have a network connection issue.  I assume you have read the Network FAQ here on the forum?

Check firewall/anti-virus software on your PC.  Ensure the IP address of the Q10 is accessible. 
Can you see your PC when using MediaCenter (rather than Kodi)?  Once you get this right, Kodi access should follow.
From your PC, can you see the HiMedia Share, using Windows Networking?  This is a good check.  If your PC can see the Android folders, you know the network is accessible to the Q10.

Gisciple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 02:29:05 PM »
Thanks for the advice,

I have few queries;

I can't find/locate q10 pro ip address under my computer firewall (dont have anti virus software installed) but I can see q10 pro appear on my network under file explorer

However I have enabled/allowed File Sharing SMB Direct and File Sharing iPv4 under inbound/outbound rules section of advance firewall settings as these were off as default

Under mediaCenter I unfortunately can't see my pc, I auto search and then no server found prompt appears, I try to add it manually and still the same prompt

I'm not sure where to find incoming ip address info on my pc, please advise

thanks

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
Did you give the Q10Pro a static IP address? 
If you can see the Android Share folder in File Explorer, this is a good start.
I assumed you switched on Samba in the Q10?
In Windows, under "This PC", Network locations can you see "HiMedia-Q10Pro (Android_b927c)" or similar?  This will show if you folders and if have an internal HDD or SD card attached "media_rw".

In MediaCenter, does it show anything searching under LAN or even NFS?  Can you search your PC's IP address manually in MediaCenter?   

Gisciple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 05:04:31 PM »
Samba is on in Q10 Pro

How do I assign a static up under Q10 Pro? is it network options under settings..?

In media centre I search under LAN but get no server found, not tried NFS because I'm not familiar how to set it up or how it works.

I can see the himedia under network but when I click on it, my computer advises me to set up windows media player interface to share to this device, I'm not sure why that is happening..

Thanks for your help again,

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 07:54:31 AM »
Sounds more like a Windows networking issue now.  If you can't click on the Android Share folder and get into the directory structure, you are not seeing the Q10Pro from Windows correctly.  This will most likely mean the Q10Pro is also unable to see shared folders on your network.

To give your Q10Pro  a fixed IP address is done from your router.  How to do this will depend totally on your brand of router/modem used.
On my FRITZ!Box, it is simply a matter of clicking a box "always assign this network device the same IPv4 address".  You will need to find and check your own router instructions.

Did you check your anti-virus/firewall settings?  At least make sure your local network IP range is allowed access.   

Zidoo Z9S
REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
ZIDOO HOME THEATRE
OPENWRT
IN STOCK
DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY  :  RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT  :  CONTACT
PayPal Acceptance Mark Prices are charged in £GBP with conversion at Paypal's current rate. The Euro / $USD price on our site is approximate. More info here. Prices for UK + EU delivery include VAT at 20%. COOKIE POLICY.

© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2018. All rights reserved.