2 YEAR WARRANTY
FEATURED  :  MEDIA BOX  :  BUNDLES  :  OTHER  :  FORUM  :  CART
Zidoo Z9S
ANDROID 7.1
REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
ZIDOO HOME THEATRE
OPENWRT

Author Topic: Problem password request shared folders  (Read 374 times)

DMD

• View Profile
Problem password request shared folders
« on: July 10, 2018, 07:11:45 PM »
Good evening.
I shared the folders the same way, some folders can not log in and prompt me for my password.

Others can log in normally without a password.

How is this possible?
I can not find an explanation, I use W10 1803b17134.137.

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:02:46 PM by DMD »
HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (OFW 2.0.4) -  Kodi 17.6 (skin AeonMQ 7 2.0.7.9) -  Remote Rii Mini MX3

Topdude

• View Profile
Re: Problem password request shared folders
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 09:07:26 PM »
Check your network settings in Windows. Uncheck the password setting for file sharing in your network.

In case you don't have the password setting in your network enabled you can click cancel in that screen and the box will create the shortcut anyway.

pdasterly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 09:09:42 PM »
try nfs 8)

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 09:29:07 PM »
Check your network settings in Windows. Uncheck the password setting for file sharing in your network.

In case you don't have the password setting in your network enabled you can click cancel in that screen and the box will create the shortcut anyway.
All this has already been done, and is a setting common to all windows folders, since I can access some of them to others not, only with HiMedia, trying accessibility to folders with another pc works all regularly.

try nfs 8)
Excuse me what is the NFS mode?  :-[
HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (OFW 2.0.4) -  Kodi 17.6 (skin AeonMQ 7 2.0.7.9) -  Remote Rii Mini MX3

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 04:19:24 AM »
But you say nothing about what security permissions you are applying to each folder.

ie: Are you giving everyone access to all folders? Compare your permissions on each of your folders, are they the same?

NFS is a Unix/Linux network file system, you would need to install the Windows add-on component to use NFS.

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 01:45:17 PM »
After a day dedicated to finding a solution to the problem, I managed to understand why this happens, but not the cause.
It does not affect the password and permissions, also because the same folder that is inaccessible with HiMedia, however, is accessible on the network with any PC connected to the network, so I exclude a problem of permissions related to Windows 10.
My configuration consists of 2 Silverstone storage boxes, each box can contain 4 HDD and are connected to the PC via USB 3.0 and the PC is connected to the network via LAN to 2 HiMedia units.
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=424&area=it&pid=424

The connection of the boxes is via USB3. 0 of which one is connected directly to the USB3.0 socket of the motherboard and the other is connected to an ORICO Booster card, since the other USB 3.0 sockets are occupied by other peripherals.
http://www.orico.cc/goods.php?id=4896

The box connected to this booster card containing the HDD with the shared folder is detected with a password from Himedia, but not from other PCs connected to the network.
To do another test I disconnected the box from this booster board and connected it to the USB 3.0 socket on the motherboard, now the shared folder is detected without a password from HiMedia.
The problem is the USB3.0 booster card, and I can not understand why connecting to this booster card HiMedia asks for the password.

I performed another test by sharing a multimedia folder in usb memory.
By connecting it via USB 3.0 HUB, I obtained a password request from HiMedia. (However accessible from another pc on the net.)

By connecting the USB memory directly to the PC, no password is requested from HiMedia and the file is played normally.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:11:19 PM by DMD »

Joker

• View Profile

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 07:38:18 AM »
Fantastic!
Thank you very much for the valuable and useful information. ;) :) :)
I tried to execute the command via powershell, unfortunately it returns me error.  :(

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 07:41:52 AM by DMD »

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 02:04:15 PM »
The solution was to increase the IRPStackSize parameter (absent in the register) for Lanmanserver through the registry.
I entered the missing keyreg "IRPStackSize" in the windows registry 10
I initially entered the value 15 and then I increased, until I managed to detect the shared folders via USB 3.0 HUB
In my case the DWORD value is 28

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
"IRPStackSize"=dword:00000028

Once the registry key is applied, the PC must be restarted.

Reference microsoft
https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/177078/antivirus-software-may-cause-event-id-2011
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:17:49 AM by DMD »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 06:04:16 PM »
Thank you very much for the valuable and useful information. ;) :) :)
I tried to execute the command via powershell, unfortunately it returns me error.  :(

Set-SmbServerConfiguration need open windows powershell as administrator :).

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 07:38:06 PM »
Thank you for the suggestion.  :)
Now the Powershell command works.

Entering the value 40 from Powershell corresponds to the DWORD value 28 and this works well too
As recommended by the link that posted Joker https://superuser.com/questions/989642/android-cant-access-windows-smb-shared-usb-drives

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:01:57 PM by DMD »

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 08:23:41 AM »
I detected another problem
During these days I noticed that in a random way, not always accacade, some folder requires me username and password.
When restarting the HiMedia the same folder does not require a username and password.
Actually I can not understand why this happens.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:25:48 AM by DMD »

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 05:35:53 PM »
Update situation

The folder that presents the credentials with Mediacenter, with Es File Explore I have full access without any problem, with Kodi (using videoplayer) gives me the message "mount Failed".

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 07:00:36 PM by DMD »

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 03:24:41 PM »
I did more testing and I managed to verify that the LAN section of the Mediacenter can detect the first 16 shared folders without the login credentials, from the seventeenth folder onwards presents the request for Account and Password.
I shared 20 folders and I did 3 tests, with each test the HiMedia was restarted: test in progressive order (1-16), progressive inverse (20-4) and random (total 16).
In conclusion you can also have infinite shared folders but only the first 16 that are opened, no matter in which order, do not have access credentials and are accessible normally.
I invite anyone to verify what I have verified with my tests, and ask if it is possible to solve this problem.

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:01:26 AM by DMD »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 12:27:02 AM »
Try use one share folder FILMS_HD with  multiple NTFS junction point inside, will probably make your life more easy.

mklink /J <Link> <Target>

Something similar to that Run as administrator cmd
mkdir FILMS_HD
cd  FILMS_HD
mklink /J "FILM_HD(1)" "films path disc1"
mklink /J "FILM_HD(2)" "films path disc2"

and share FILMS_HD with user&password.

The Complete Guide to Creating Symbolic Links on Windows

Zidoo Z10
3.5" HDD BAY
ANDROID 7.1
REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
ZIDOO HOME THEATRE
DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY  :  RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT  :  CONTACT
PayPal Acceptance Mark Prices are charged in £GBP with conversion at Paypal's current rate. The Euro / $USD price on our site is approximate. More info here. Prices for UK + EU delivery include VAT at 20%. COOKIE POLICY.

© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2018. All rights reserved.