2 YEAR WARRANTY
FEATURED  :  MEDIA BOX  :  BUNDLES  :  OTHER  :  FORUM  :  CART
Zidoo Z10
3.5" HDD BAY
ANDROID 7.1
REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
IN STOCK

Author Topic: How to configure Ethernet for q10pro  (Read 475 times)

cutefix

• View Profile
How to configure Ethernet for q10pro
« on: May 15, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
Greetings guys, may I know if there is a specific way to configure q10 pro once you attach the Ethernet cable.. I noticed that when I did it, it remains disconnected in the settings part..

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to configure Ethernet for q10pro
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 07:41:04 AM »
Insert ethernet cable.

There is no configuration required.

You could turn off wifi in Settings - More - Networks, but it's not required.

cutefix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 12:11:16 PM »
Insert ethernet cable.

There is no configuration required.

You could turn off wifi in Settings - More - Networks, but it's not required.
I did try your suggestion but there is no button for turning off in the HIMEDIA  wifi ssettings, but there IS an  option for turning off by ignoring the SSID, when I did it and went to Ethernet and tried to change the blank settings,using the info from wifi SSID you can't even write the information on it. I also noticed that I have to reconfigure again the wifi settings once I turn off the SSID.
Are there any other means to sort this out.?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 08:52:07 AM »
Settings - More - Networks.

There is a toggle switch where you can enable/disable wifi.

cutefix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »

I did  find  the settings and disabled the  wifi but the ethernet remains  inactive...Yesterday I managed to reset the modem and once fitted the ethernet cable and was  able to open up and fill in the blanks  such as the ISP, and fill it with the wifi values such as: IP, GAteway, Netmask and DNS...which I used the latter as DNs1 ,,but I am  stymied by the request for a specific DN2 number which I am not sure off. Anyway below that DN2 there was  a suggestion that I fill  it with a number  similar to the IP and Gateway.. There I got the ethernet connection but I did not get the internet connection..
I read in the net that you can get it through  by inputing IPconfig/all but I  did not see any DNS2 there but just DHCp  etc...Can someone enlightem  me what I am missing at...?

w

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 07:28:46 AM »
It should just work when you plug the cable in. Complex configuration is not necessary.

If it doesn't then there is a problem with your network or the Q10 Pro.

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 08:49:06 AM »

I did  find  the settings and disabled the  wifi but the ethernet remains  inactive...Yesterday I managed to reset the modem and once fitted the ethernet cable and was  able to open up and fill in the blanks  such as the ISP, and fill it with the wifi values such as: IP, GAteway, Netmask and DNS...which I used the latter as DNs1 ,,but I am  stymied by the request for a specific DN2 number which I am not sure off. Anyway below that DN2 there was  a suggestion that I fill  it with a number  similar to the IP and Gateway.. There I got the ethernet connection but I did not get the internet connection..
I read in the net that you can get it through  by inputing IPconfig/all but I  did not see any DNS2 there but just DHCp  etc...Can someone enlightem  me what I am missing at...?

w

If the modem as DHCP enabled you don't need to configure anything. Is it a modem or a router? Does a PC work when you connect it to the modem with a Ethernet cable?

cutefix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 01:18:33 PM »

w

If the modem as DHCP enabled you don't need to configure anything. Is it a modem or a router? Does a PC work when you connect it to the modem with a Ethernet cable?

Hi... I  recently asked my internet provider for some guidance , finally they helped me sort this  out.how to properly connect the Ethernet  to this particular android box...... I appreciate all  the suggestions of the folks here.

Zidoo X20
2X HDMI
2X 3.5" HDD BAY
REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
IN STOCK
DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY  :  RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT  :  CONTACT
PayPal Acceptance Mark Prices are charged in £GBP with conversion at Paypal's current rate. The Euro / $USD price on our site is approximate. More info here. Prices for UK + EU delivery include VAT at 20%. COOKIE POLICY.

© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2018. All rights reserved.