United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Himedia Wrapper issue  (Read 13804 times)

Griffith400

• View Profile
Himedia Wrapper issue
« on: September 12, 2015, 12:09:31 AM »
Hi folks,

I've update my Q5 to the latest 3.0.1 firmware and all well.
I assume this still doesn't offer 7.1 sound (Dolby TrueHD, DTS Master Audio or Dolby Atmos).
So I thought I'd install the HiMedia Wapper.

Install worked perfectly but I have a playback issue.
When I run ANY movie (DVD 5.1 or BluRay 7.1) is says it's using the external player but doesn't play the movie...VIDEO ERROR?

If I call up the context menu and play the movie with the default DVDPLAYER, it plays th movie fine.

Removing the HiMedia Wrapper competent as. Described in the forum and Kodi reverts back to perfect operation...but only 5.1 sound?

Any ideas...all my movies are direct rips and not converted to .iso or .mkv or anything.

Steve.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Himedia Wrapper issue
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 11:34:40 AM »
Where are the files located? The Kodi wrapper supports local files and network shares without password (guest access).

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 05:29:34 PM »
Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Files are all Local, held on two external 2Tb USB Hard Drives (connected to the middle USB 2.0 port and the USB 3.0 port....listed as locations "sdc1" for the USB 2.0 and "sdb1" for the USB 3.0).

The movies play perfectly if I manually select to play via the standard KODI DVDPlayer (by choosing via the context menu) but fails with the Himedia wrapper player with KODI just reporting "VIDEO ERROR" and returns to the movie list when you accept the error?

Happens regardless of it being a DVD with standard 5.1 audio or HD Bluray content with HD Audio?

Steve.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 09:46:19 AM »
I see no reason why the files shouldn't play using wrapper in Kodi.

Something might be wrong with the wrapper install. To reinstall wrapper:

1. Install ES File Explorer (free from play store) and change settings-display so you can view hidden files. Navigate to sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/. Delete the playercorefactory.xml file.
2. Run the wrapper app again and it should show wrapper as not installed. Select the button to install it.

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 11:01:50 PM »
- Deleted the playercorefactory.xml file as directed.
- Downloaded the wrapper again, installed.
- Still getting an error when I try to play any movie (local DVD or BluRay rip sitting on external USB Hard Drive), "Video Error" is displayed by KODI.
- if I use the context menu in KODI to "play using..." and select the KODI DVDPlayer, the files play OK!

I've tried running the files from the Android File Manager and these play fine with 7.1 HD sound!

So the Himedia box is working and the files are OK but it seems an issue or configuration mismatch between the Himedia Wrapper and KODI. May well be some menu setting but I can find nothing obvious?

Any thoughts?

Steve.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 11:05:03 AM »
- Deleted the playercorefactory.xml file as directed.
- Downloaded the wrapper again, installed.
- Still getting an error when I try to play any movie (local DVD or BluRay rip sitting on external USB Hard Drive), "Video Error" is displayed by KODI.
- if I use the context menu in KODI to "play using..." and select the KODI DVDPlayer, the files play OK!

I've tried running the files from the Android File Manager and these play fine with 7.1 HD sound!

So the Himedia box is working and the files are OK but it seems an issue or configuration mismatch between the Himedia Wrapper and KODI. May well be some menu setting but I can find nothing obvious?

Any thoughts?

Steve.

There aren't any config settings and it sounds like the wrapper is installed (at least superficially) correctly. It tries to launch from Kodi.

It's a bit extreme but the next thing I'd try is uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi. Go Settings - More - Apps - Kodi and clear data, clear cache first to clear the config. Then uninstall. Then reinstall Kodi (Play Store version is probably best because you'll get auto-updates).

If that fails, and you may want to do this first because it's simpler in some ways than the above, do a firmware reinstall using the restore button method detailed in the instructions in firmware thread. This will wipe and reinstall everything and should be a foolproof way to get it working.

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 02:16:17 PM »
Thanks sir, appreciate the reply and guidance.

I considered that it may ultimately need a full re-flash and start again. Was hoping somebody may have experienced similar issues and knew the cause/solution though. As its only the HD Audio (everything else is perfect and working a dream) I was just hoping to avoid a full firmware restore as that will require doing some backup work and settings saving and I always approach something like that with caution!

I've not done a backup before although I am aware of the KODI Backup tool to try (my USB of ripped movies are obviously on DVD and also on the PC hard drive for backup). So I'm not sure how that backup works, how good it is at storing fan art and other type stuff. if that's the final option, I guess I just need to try!

Steve.

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 11:06:43 PM »
Frustratingly, I've now tried a clean reset button firmware refresh using the recommended method, installed the Himedia Wrapper, restored my KODI install via the Backup Addon and....aargh! Still fails to play a movie?

Still gives a VIDEO ERROR and awaits you to press OK, remaining at the movie selection.

If I manually select to use the DVDPlayer instead of the Himedia one, it works?

Totally confused now! I thought it may be the Aeon MQ6 skin, so switched to the Conflence default one. Nope, same error???

Steve.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 10:30:02 AM »
It's confusing me also.

It should work..

Did you test it before restoring the Kodi backup? It could be that the restore has restored the bug that was causing the error.

Happens regardless of it being a DVD with standard 5.1 audio or HD Bluray content with HD Audio?

What format are the DVD/BD's in? ISO, disc structure, MKV?

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 03:35:45 PM »
I will have to test with a fresh install and no restore, as you suggest, just to test where the fault is being introduced. It did originate from the new Q5 purchase just a couple weeks ago (firmware v1.0.9 and KODI 14.2) so nothing out of the ordinary.

Sorry for the repeated replies, afraid these things take a while to test and done in the odd spare hour after work and usual demands from kids at home so the trial and error checks are taking time.
It means restricted use of the Q5 Box and adding new media/films while I do these checks.

Content format is basic disk structure from either my DVD source or BluRay originals. As i mentioned, the HD audio works perfectly direct from the Media Centre and playback in KODI is fine so long S I use the internal KODI player???

Steve.

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 04:26:12 PM »
Update:-

I've now tried a full, clean install of the new 3.0.1 firmware (paper clip reset and update.zip file), added the Himedia Wrapper and enabled it. Gone into KODI 15, used only the basic Conflence Skin and added a single Movies data location (USB 2.0 port / Android drive SDC1), set source and content as movies etc for the default scraper.

Still having the same issue???
It shows in the background "external player active, press ok to continue" but is overplayed with a Window with the message "VIDEO ERROR" and you have to accept that, then press ok to accept the background message and am returned to the movie selection ???

I then tried the Modified Firmware from CS. Exact same problem :-(

If I use the context menu to "play using" and select the default DVDPlayer, it plays fine so something isn't liking the Himedia Player? Don't know if it's the USB Drives, TV, AV Amp but these are all needed so I can't run without. The only thing I was able to test was using my Projector as a different display output but it made no difference?

Really frustrating.

Means my DVD library is OK but I can't use my BluRay library :-(

Steve

eegah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 08:33:58 AM »
I had a similar problem with an external hard drive, turns out there was too many files in the folder. I placed all the files in 3 different folders and the problem was solved. Strange though, I have another external drive with even more files in one folder and that plays fine. Both are WD but one is a Passport ( the problem one) and the other the Elements model.

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 05:37:42 PM »
Thanks eegah,

I ended up getting two Seagate 2Tb Backup Plus slim USB3.0 drives as their performance reviews were a little better.

I tested your suggestion by removing the Drive with my DVD movies (around 300 movies in original DVD disc structure) so only my BluRay drive was connected. I've only transferred 3 of my discs to it so far (again, original BD disc structure) and still get the VIDEO ERROR if trying to play in KODI with the Himedia Wrapper installed....yet is fine with the original KODI DVDPlayer?

The only think left that I can think of is to try extracting one of my BD discs as an .iso file which is what the Wrapper seems to be designed for???

Steve?

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »
** UPDATE **

I've made some progress! My latest test was to convert one of my BluRay movies into a single .iso format file rather than transfer as its original disc structure.

SUCCESS!
KODI / Himedia Wrapper plays this file without a problem and clearly uses the external player rather than the familiar KODI one!!!

I need to do a similar test with a DVD format movie although I don't want to have to convert some 350+ films that I've transferred from my original DVDs over countless years!

Clearly an issue with the Himedia Wrapper being able to handle the original disk structure format.
Appreciate thoughts...

Steve.

gbakay

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 08:42:48 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm new to Himedia and to this forum. Just bought my first North American Himedia Q5 media player and love the picture quality. Anyways, I'm having the EXACT same problem as Griffith400. Before installing the himediawrapper, the kodi player was playing my BDMV folders correctly, except for some movies were choppy, jitterly, etc,  but after installing himediawrapper the problem started just the way Griffith400 described. It's almost as if the himediawrapper can't find the correct path or unable to read the index.bdmv properly? I've also re-installed the latest firmware and re-installed himediawrapper, as well as installed playercorefactory as per himedia instructions. I really don't like the idea of going ISO format or re-do all my movies files into one file. I know that griffith400 and I are doing a proper install and hope that there will be a fix to this problem soon!

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024