United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: S7PDIF audio out fixed to 48KHz?  (Read 3567 times)

SasoR

• View Profile
S7PDIF audio out fixed to 48KHz?
« on: September 06, 2017, 12:10:28 PM »
Hello, everyone!

I am new to forum and to HiMediaQ10.
My new Q10 was purchased to replace my older hard disk player (Dune HD Base 3D). I intend to use it for video playback (movies, TV series) but also to play my extensive audio collection on my external hard drives, consisting also of many Hi-rez FLAC and Wav files (up to 24 bit 96kHz).
I connected my Q10 to external DAC (TEAC) via optical S/PDIF and DAC is hooked to my Hi-Fi system.

When I play my audio  files on Q10 all I can get from S/PDIF out is 48kHz audio, regardles of the original file (also from 44,1kHz files).
Are my settings wrong  (S/PDIF out is set to RAW in playback menu))  or is my Q10 doing some internal resampling of all audio files to 48 kHz?

I am aware that Q10 can pass hi-rez multichannel (5.1, etc) audio via HDMI.  What I am looking for is simple 2CH bitstream audio on  S/PDIF output for my external DAC. My old Dune player was able to do that.

I would be grateful for some help.

Thank you!

cch

• View Profile
Re: S7PDIF audio out fixed to 48KHz?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 02:31:06 PM »
I've faced the same problem with you before. The best work around is to purchase via play store USB Audio Player Pro, play your hi-rez audio files through usb port and you can get what you want.

It works flawlessly in my q pro in android 5.1.1 firmware 1.10. Unfortunately after i upgraded to android 7 firmware 2.04, i couldn't assess the setting menu on the top left hand corner but it still plays. Still looking for solution.

Hope it helps.

SasoR

• View Profile
Re: S7PDIF audio out fixed to 48KHz?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 05:22:28 PM »
Thank you for your help! I will try this as soon as possible :)

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024