United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Minimx successor ?  (Read 4356 times)

Hunterofevil

• View Profile
Minimx successor ?
« on: August 24, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »
Hello,

I am very interested in two of your players the Q5 Pro and the Minimx
One will end up in de HT room will the other one in my TV room.
Now to start i wanted to test the Minimx.
I heard good things about it especially when atmos / 3D / 4K our not yet in the picture.
For now i just need a media player that will smoothly play my max 1080p content.

Nevertheless i noticed that a competitor sells a MinimxIII with same spec expect for RAM 2Gb and ROM 16Gb.
However they do not have an openlec OS which i prefer. Nevertheless i was wondering if you could comment on the
performance impact of this difference and maybe inform me if that model is also planned at Futeko ...

Thanks for the info in advance
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:33:12 AM by futeko.com »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Minimx successor ?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 11:32:55 AM »
The 2GB RAM will make next to no difference for most users. It would matter only if you were running very heavy skins or had a massive media database (10s of thousands). 16GB storage similarly will make no difference to how people use the product.

At the moment the version of OpenELEC (actually latest version is LibreELEC) on MiniMX is stable and runs excellently. It's the result of 6 months of work. Any successor would have to have a similarly stable version of LibreELEC available for it and be a worthwhile performance / feature increase vs our MiniMX.

Amlogic S905X is an interesting chipset because it promises HDR10 at low cost, but it will be months before it's working with LibreELEC. We may stock an S905X product before Christmas, and if we do we'll choose the one with best LibreELEC firmware.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024