Future Entertainment Technology
• UK Stock. Free (UK) And Fast Royal Mail Delivery.
• 14 Day No Hassle UK Returns.
• 12 Month UK Warranty.
MiniX NEO Z64 Windows
POWERFUL MINI-HTPC
£tba / €tba
WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL 29-DEC. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
Home - Forum

THIS IS THE OLD (PRE JUNE 2013) FUTEKO FORUM.
THE NEW FORUM IS HERE

XBMC + Amlogic Hardware Video Decoding - futeko.com Forum

XBMC + Amlogic Hardware Video Decoding (Everything Else)

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Monday, September 03, 2012, 21:05 (840 days ago)
edited by futeko.com, Friday, December 28, 2012, 09:36

XBMC (Xbox Media Center) is a media interface first created for the original Xbox. It has many years of development behind it and is a very polished piece of software. Many would say that it is the best way to manage a video / audio collection. XBMC have been developing XBMC for Android since July 2012. Recent releases are stable and very usable.

http://xbmc.org/ - XBMC official site.
http://xbmc.org/download/ - XBMC official download page.

The big problem with XBMC Android is that video decoding is done in software (by the CPU), meaning that 720p/1080p (HD) will play badly regardless of how powerful your chipset is.

Fortunately, there is a version of XBMC Android available for boxes based on the Amlogic chipset where the video decoding is done by the chipset GPU (graphics processing unit). This allows 720p and 1080p video content to be played smoothly.

The Amlogic chipsets where this works are the 8726-M1, 8726-M3, and dual-core 8726-M6.

If you have a box based on one of these then you are one of the fortunates who can get HD video XBMC Android! In terms of the products we've sold, this means the MyGica 1200 (M6), MyGica 520B (M6), MyGica 120 (M6), MyGica 510B (M3), Bluetimes M1 Smart TV (M1)

XBMC Android with Amlogic decoding .apks:

Other links:

XBMC + Amlogic Hardware Video Decoding

by jschall, Saturday, September 15, 2012, 11:01 (829 days ago) @ futeko.com

I installed this on a Diamond Multimedia AMP1000, running Android 4.0.3 on a 1 GHz AMlogic AM8726 ARM Cortex-A9 single core processor with Mali 400 graphics. It has 512MB of RAM and 4GB of built-in storage.

Athough I had no trouble adding video add-ons like The Engadget Show, I could not set up networking with this build, so I could not access files on my LAN.

Am I missing something in the menus, or has networking been left out of this build?

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Monday, September 17, 2012, 09:49 (827 days ago) @ jschall
edited by futeko.com, Monday, September 17, 2012, 15:13

Networking is installed and works normally.

We don't sell the player you mention but the specs sound very like the M1 Smart TV so it should all work..

by Bladesman, Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 14:24 (824 days ago) @ futeko.com

Is hardware decoding enabled by default? because when i try to change the renderer etc in XBMC (as I normally would), it will not allow me to change it.

The reason why I ask is, some MKV's are jittery on playback, maybe more the audio than the picture issue, but sadly at the moment its not quite there for me.

I would love it to be, so I can mirror my XBMC setup on a small form factor pc downstairs, on my upstairs SmartTV. Yes its wireless (I have fibreoptic and get about 65meg wirelessly), but I have tried wireless sending to other devices, including several phones, other pc's etc and they are fine.

It must either be the build is not quite there yet or the CPU power for the wireless bandwith?

Either way the SMARTTV is great, but XBMC working flawlessly would be the icing on the cake for me.

Many thanks.

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 14:31 (824 days ago) @ Bladesman

Hardware decoding is enabled at build time, it can't be disabled.

The video/audio settings in XBMC shouldn't be touched at the moment either. Particularly with the video settings you can produce some odd results by changing them.

Is this the 3/9 or 17/9 build of XBMC? It is a beta and things are getting changed every day. It will improve.

by Bladesman, Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 14:38 (824 days ago) @ futeko.com

Thanks for the quick reply, its the 17/9 Beta and I do appreciate it is still in Beta stage.

I have not changed any of the settings, but was looking to because of the playback issues, like i say great piece of kit, XBMC would just be the icing on the cake for me.

Regards,

Bladesman

by hankchad, Thursday, October 04, 2012, 14:38 (809 days ago) @ futeko.com

Hi. I have tried both .apk's on my amlogic smart tv. The app installs and loads up ok. I can find videos on my network and install add-ons. However, when I try to play any video, either from my network or on an add-on, it crashes and goes back to my home screen. Does anyone know if there is something I can do to rectify this? Does the firmware have any effect on the XBMC app.

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Thursday, October 04, 2012, 15:13 (809 days ago) @ hankchad
edited by futeko.com, Thursday, October 04, 2012, 15:43

The 3-SEP version should be fairly stable. The 17-SEP version does bomb out like you describe.

You could try reinstalling the firmware, although I believe the latest firmware we link to is also the one on all the most recent Smart TV boxes we've sold.

There will be a new Amlogic XBMC build tonight with a little luck. I read that the stability problems with recent builds have been solved. Also a new firmware from Bluetimes next week.

by quicksilver, Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:49 (799 days ago) @ futeko.com
edited by quicksilver, Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:43

Hello!

I would like to ask, if you would please not correct an error is detected?
Test device for XBMC Realplay M4 - Amlogic M1

1.)

First, I tried to install 10-OCT-2012, but I found if you search for files through the ladies there Youtube.Je busy error from other XBMC version where it can jump the table before you start searching. After the ladies find video. The image flickers and nothing works for not find. Search version: 3-SEP-2012 :-)

2.)

AMLplayer - unable to play online videos from plugin (koukni.cz) which are HD 720!
Despite another version of XBMC for use of an external video player works.

Despite the HDD is not the problem AMLplaer manages: 720p and 1080p with DTS 2.0

Here are repo where we could download the plugin koukni.cz

download: Repo / video / koukni.cz

https://github.com/downloads/lzoubek/xbmc-doplnky/repository.xbmc.doplnky-1.0.2.zip

Asks koukni.cz (version 1.0.8)

And then the ladies choose the folder where the U.S. and later the serial zpusti video over AMLplayer It is not where the picture and sound is cut. It would please fix this??

3.)

It is possible to please add an external player??

MX PLAYER, DICE PLAYER

info:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138464&pid=1182372 # pid1182372

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You’ll also need to create a file called playercorefactory.xml in /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata directory with the following content:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="DICEplayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.inisoft.mediaplayer.a</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>

<player name="MX-PLAYER" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>
</player>

<player name="MX-PLAYER-PRO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro</filename>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MX-PLAYER"/>
<rule audio="true" player="MX-PLAYER"/>
<rule dvdimage="true" player="MX-PLAYER"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

by M1_User, Friday, October 19, 2012, 17:11 (794 days ago) @ quicksilver

Hey guys.

I recently got my M1 (Bluetimes Smart TV) the other day and straight away I ended putting Xbmc on it.

Version: futekocom-amlogic-10oct2012.zip

Some issues that I have found are:

Amending the weather location is almost impossible.
Mkv files are undetected on the network.
Add-on scripts such as Youtube are very hard to operate.

Things that I did like:

I managed to use my phone as a remote control for Xbmc which was cool although not very stable.
The speeed of Xbmc opening is shockingly quick (Thanks to the ARM Cortex A9 CPU)
Finding my NAS on the network was a piece of cake.
Crisp looking video playback on Youtube and other video scripts.

It would be awesome if someone could guide users on how to install third party scripts for Xbmc.

Regards.

by tzahradnik, Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 10:32 (783 days ago) @ M1_User

Hi there,

when you do your settings in XBMC, will they stay saved. In my case (all futeko XBMC versions), all my setings are reset after I shut down the device.

Other than that, it really works fine.

Please advise.

Thank you

Tomas

by tzahradnik, Monday, October 22, 2012, 11:49 (792 days ago) @ futeko.com
edited by tzahradnik, Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 08:17

Dear Futeko,

thank you for posting your XBMC versions.

I tried both 3.9 and 10.10. but found following issue:

All the settings I do are gone after I shut down my device. When I launch XBMC it is like fresh new installation. All my input sources are gone, all the settings i modified are gone, everything.

Other than that it seems to run very good, with videos and sound crispy speeds.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Tomas

by hankchad, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 09:38 (790 days ago) @ futeko.com

Hi. I installed the latest 10/10 version of XBMC on my Elf ii tablet. It installs and loads fine, and I can install addons, but when I try to use any of the addons (like icefilms, 1channel, sportsdevil) they do not work. Am I doing something wrong or is there anything I can do?

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 15:05 (789 days ago) @ hankchad

It's still beta and addons are one area where things are still a little volatile. Things will improve.

by bovirus @, Tuesday, November 06, 2012, 08:43 (777 days ago) @ futeko.com

Can I propose to change the file name in first post with a scheme like

amlogic-xbmc-futeko-yyyy.mm.dd.zip
amlogic-xbmc-futeko-yyyy.mm.dd.apk

ex

amlogic-xbmc-futeko-2012.10.10.zip
amlogic-xbmc-futeko-2012.10.10.zip

The file name explain itself about use and contents.

by quicksilver, Sunday, November 11, 2012, 10:13 (772 days ago) @ bovirus

For version pivos from the same problem as the other versions.
The koukni.cz not sputter picture and sound.

by quicksilver, Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 09:12 (769 days ago) @ quicksilver

New version XBMC EX.PLAYER DICE AND MX PLAYER

https://nuskunetworks.box.com/s/37igunpelmkrmb3rc2or/1/453477145

by smithmal, Thursday, November 15, 2012, 16:06 (767 days ago) @ quicksilver

Hi,

I'm using the latest October build posted above on a tablet using the M6 version of the Amlogic chip (dual-core Onda vi40) and I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to tell if HW accerlation is enabled?
2. When playing a HD mkv file, I only see a quarter of the video. How can I force XBMC to show full screen video?
3. When pushing the video to an external monitor (TV), I get no video but hear sound. Is there a setting that needs to be enabled to fix this?

Thanks,

smithmal

by bubblegum57, Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 17:22 (761 days ago) @ quicksilver
edited by bubblegum57, Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 17:36

Will either of these work on the 510B?

https://nuskunetworks.box.com/s/37igunpelmkrmb3rc2or/1/453477145

I have had a google, & now understand, they are external players.

Do videos play better?

by smithmal, Monday, November 26, 2012, 16:26 (756 days ago) @ quicksilver

Link sends you to two downloads: DicePlayer or MX Player version of XBMC. I installed the MX Player version. The compressed file comes with MX Player Pro and XBMC apks, a readme text and xml file. Once installed I could not get MX Player to play any video files externally through XBMC. I looked at the xml file and it did not specify that the MX Player should be the "Pro" player. I uninstalled the "Pro" version and installed the non-pro version, started up XBMC and it worked like a charm.

One could also edit the xml file to work with the pro version, but I wasn't sure what the correct edit should be so I just went with using the non-pro version. I don't think there's much differnece between the pro and non-pro version of MX Player.

smithmal

by bubblegum57, Sunday, November 25, 2012, 18:21 (757 days ago) @ hankchad

Hi. I installed the latest 10/10 version of XBMC on my Elf ii tablet. It installs and loads fine, and I can install addons, but when I try to use any of the addons (like icefilms, 1channel, sportsdevil) they do not work. Am I doing something wrong or is there anything I can do?

I used fusion to addons http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/04/24/fusion-easy-addon-installation-for-xbmc/

I find icefilms, 5 on demand bbc iplayer do work, but some don't.

Mygica with the last xbmc package.

by arnnie69, Friday, January 04, 2013, 18:30 (717 days ago) @ futeko.com

What is the best version of xbmc to use when using things like navi-x the one above does not load half of the streams! and also if it does open up it takes a long time to load thanks for any help.:-D :-D

by dkbest, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 08:50 (717 days ago) @ arnnie69

Hi Boy,
I have try this release form bryanf21 from androidtvbox and for me it's the best.
Audio it's ok
1080p run smotly
No bar
http://www.mediafire.com/?l5jawloag86o1wg

by arnnie69, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 10:01 (717 days ago) @ dkbest
edited by arnnie69, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 11:27

Thanks just going to download it now and give it a go!;-)

EDIT.....
That apk of XBMC dont play on navi-x wont play HD stuttering am i doing something wrong?
Bar still on bottom of the screen.
every time i turn the power off navi-x will disappear from XBMC any thoughts?:-|

by bubblegum57, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 13:27 (716 days ago) @ arnnie69

I THINK it may be the firmware you have, the newest f/w had the bar at the bottom.

by dkbest, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 15:41 (716 days ago) @ bubblegum57

What is the best config for xbmc with 510b?

by bubblegum57, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 16:52 (716 days ago) @ dkbest
edited by bubblegum57, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 17:57

I think its a case of trial & error. If your works, then thats ok. I think the previous person had problems, which I think were because he had a different f/w version.

Eventually, geniatech will release a newer f/w which hopefully will remove the status bar at the bottom, then eventually, Xbmc frodo will be stable & have no major problems.

Sorry, in answer to your question, I have the latest f/w with patch & the xbmc package from futeko. I also use Hide status app.

by arnnie69, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 23:01 (716 days ago) @ bubblegum57

I have the latest f/w with patch & the xbmc package from futeko. I also use Hide status app but my add-ons on XBMC disappear every time the box is powered down. Any ideas? its a right pain to have to keep installing navi-x!!:-|

by Ph1l, Saturday, January 05, 2013, 23:33 (716 days ago) @ arnnie69

Hi, I had the same issue as arnnie69.

I then inserted a 2Gb Micro SD card and re-installed Navi-X and it had been fine since.

:-)

Phil.

by arnnie69, Sunday, January 06, 2013, 10:36 (716 days ago) @ Ph1l

Thanks Phil,

I have been installing by usb stick i will try micro sd card and see how it goes!

by si777, Sunday, January 13, 2013, 15:10 (708 days ago) @ futeko.com

Hi, after finding a different xbmc apk I have managed to install ice films, but when trying to play a film, it just seems to be stuck on the 'working' stage then nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?? Somebody please help

by monkey, Sunday, January 13, 2013, 19:40 (708 days ago) @ si777

Hi, after finding a different xbmc apk I have managed to install ice films, but when trying to play a film, it just seems to be stuck on the 'working' stage then nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?? Somebody please help

Hi, Which xbmc apk have you used? I take it you uninstalled the version you mentioned in the other thread?

by si777, Monday, January 14, 2013, 08:42 (708 days ago) @ monkey

Hi there, I used the apk somebody recommended above somewhere. I did uninstall the previous version before installing this one

xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20121226.apk

It works (to a point) just cant watch any films in the icefilms which is mainly why I want it. Just gets stuck on the 'waiting' then nothing happens or it just stops 'working' and gos back to the video stream list. I can however stream videos from my pc. This is the only add-on ive tried as its the main one Ill be using and I dont want to install loads of others if I have to install a different apk. Any suggestions to what Im doing wrong? And how I can get it all working?

by monkey, Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 17:31 (706 days ago) @ si777
edited by monkey, Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 20:18

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I believe the issue lies with the version of xbmc / firmware being used, as the same plugins work fine on my mac using the Frodo RC3. I do confess I'm no expert.

This is what I've found so far for the icefilms add-on (several other add-ons do work)

firmware:
08/12 with update patch

XBMC versions:
xbmc-XIOS-100912.apk - waiting then nothing
MYGICA 25-DEC - xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug.zip - dependencies broken
xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20121226.apk - waiting then nothing
xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-201217.apk - waiting then nothing

I'm going to roll back my firmware and will update when I can, everyone else can feel free to add to this ;-)

It's an interesting and somewhat frustrating time with both the firmware and xbmc both being in beta stages of development

**UPDATED**
Use the August firmware and xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-201217.apk :-D

by dazzlerellis, Friday, January 18, 2013, 20:38 (703 days ago) @ monkey

monkey what version of xbmc did you use can you provide a link.

Also after flashing the firmware you suggested did you apply the xbmc patch.

Thanks been struggling with this since November

by dkbest, Saturday, January 19, 2013, 15:55 (702 days ago) @ dazzlerellis

Futeko forum,
today I have try a new moded xbmc from xaf, use a external player, for me after more firmware, version of xbmc tested this the best way for play 720p and 1080p smootly.
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/01/17/install-the-first-end-user-release-of-xbmc-for-android-in-seconds/
Try it and tell me what you think.
PS for people use samba protocl download from market cif manager for use this moded version of xbmc.
Let's go.

by Tango One, Sunday, January 20, 2013, 11:39 (702 days ago) @ dkbest

Are repo's working on the latest dkbest

by pocokcan, Thursday, January 24, 2013, 09:09 (698 days ago) @ dkbest

Hi dkbest,

Which firmware do you use on your MyGice 510B?

Which files did you install?

MX Player for NEON Devices
MX Player for Non-NEON Devices

XAF Custom Build for NEON Set Top Boxes
XAF Custom Build for NEON Touch Screen Devices
XAF Custom Build for Non-NEON Touch Screen Devices

Thanks, pocokcan

by dkbest, Thursday, January 24, 2013, 09:40 (698 days ago) @ pocokcan
edited by dkbest, Thursday, January 24, 2013, 09:59

Hi dkbest,

Which firmware do you use on your MyGice 510B?

Which files did you install?

MX Player for NEON Devices
MX Player for Non-NEON Devices

XAF Custom Build for NEON Set Top Boxes
XAF Custom Build for NEON Touch Screen Devices
XAF Custom Build for Non-NEON Touch Screen Devices

Thanks, pocokcan

Hi pocokcan
In my box I have installed last firmware.
Install Mx player for neon device launch it and after install xaf custom build set top box always neon.

Cooming sono linux image Like pivos.

by pocokcan, Thursday, January 24, 2013, 10:07 (698 days ago) @ dkbest

Hi dkbest,

Thanks for the fast answer. So, the last firmware is the Dec-8-2012. I will try.

pocokcan

by pocokcan, Monday, February 04, 2013, 13:18 (686 days ago) @ dkbest

Hi dkbest,

I tried to use XBMC as dkbest suggested on my MyGica510B TV Box:
- firmware: 8-12-2012 (automatically updated after connected to the Net);
- Installed: MX Player for NEON Devices and XAF Custom Build for NEON Set Top Boxes.

Installation was fine and smooth. XMBC started. I can see all my contents via UPnP well.

But in many cases XMBC makes strange things and playing movie crashed. The error message is the following "Unsupported audio codec: dts.". I inspected the movie. It is a full-hd mkv file contains 2 different audio streams: AC3 and DTS. I am playing the AC3 stream not the DTS. During the playback XMBC changes the decoder from H/W to S/W, so the movie is slowing down then stops and restarts. I change back the decoder to H/W manually and start the movie. But it happens again and again.

So, any idea?

Thanks, pocokcan

by monkey, Monday, January 21, 2013, 16:13 (700 days ago) @ dazzlerellis
edited by monkey, Monday, January 21, 2013, 20:13

monkey what version of xbmc did you use can you provide a link.

Also after flashing the firmware you suggested did you apply the xbmc patch.

Thanks been struggling with this since November

Hi mate,

Appologies for the delay in replying, I didn't apply the xbmc patch and the xbmc version is linked to from the top of this thread.

Btw have you tried the NEON xbmc release? Going to give it a whirl on my 2nd box tonight too.

Hope you get sorted

##UPDATE##

btw I've found that using the August firmware and the NEON xbmc has it running like a charm. It's an easy installation and like dkbest mentioned above, most of the add-ons you want come installed as standard :-D

by dazzlerellis, Monday, January 21, 2013, 20:26 (700 days ago) @ monkey

Thanks got it running pretty good now with a mix of hide bar, mx player etc only niggle is live streams ala TwitchTV no biggie :-)

by jollyo55, Monday, January 28, 2013, 12:00 (694 days ago) @ futeko.com

I've installed the 23rd Jan test build and most of the SD films are choppy, not to mention that I've lost HD support. Tried with the xbmc update .img file in the recovery menu, and tried the nightly build from the 25th, same issue. I'll try a more recent one (there's a test build and a nightly from today so I'll try those two), but shouldn't all builds since the RC3 have HD support built-in?

Do I still need to install the update in the recovery?

by arnnie69, Sunday, February 03, 2013, 11:32 (688 days ago) @ futeko.com

Can we PLEASE have an update to what is the best set up as in firmware and XBMC build also why is it taking so long to bring out a firmware that hides the bar at the bottom of the screen and also incorporates the XBMC patch.:-|

by M1_User, Tuesday, February 05, 2013, 08:46 (686 days ago) @ arnnie69

Hey guys.

I thought it would be wise to update my M1. Little did I know that playing back videos on the network has become almost impossible to do so with choppy images and sound.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Can someone please guide me on which release is the best one as of yet to put on the Bluetimes M1?

Thanks.

by fl3tch, Friday, February 22, 2013, 11:35 (669 days ago) @ M1_User

I keep trying different Xbmc releases but most fail to deliver on the M1. To date the best release is the XBMC 12-26-2012 build from brianf21 on the G-box midnight forum download here.

For network streaming you really have to go with wired ethernet for HD sources.

As I have never received a firmware upgrade since I bought the M1, it looks like it is not supported anywhere. A better firmware can be found here but the remote.conf file must be copied over from the bluetimes firmware to make the remote work.

I am a bit pissed that Futeko have forgotten the M1 as it's only 6 months since I bought it and it's already redundant. Why don't they sponsor a xbmc linux build for the M1 as they have for their other products. :-(

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Friday, February 22, 2013, 14:13 (668 days ago) @ fl3tch

We sell Chinese branded hardware that is usually internally identical but cheaper than re-branded western products. Often these are identical internally and externally to the re-branded version, as with the MyGica products.

In the case of the Bluetimes Smart TV, the hardware is identical to the MK1 Pivos XIOS, but it was cheaper and available in the UK. As you've found, it is supported in the sense that user builds for the generic M1 hardware will run on it.

Manufacturer support from Bluetimes has not been as good as we would have hoped and we are not currently selling Bluetimes products. We are sorry about this.

But the support generally for our products is good because we pick products using the most popular hardware platform at each hardware generation. The marketplace for tablets / media players / smart TV is full of really poor products with no support at all. Ebay / Amazon are full of them. The products we sell are a step above that, but we are not Apple or even Pivos. We are smaller and our products are substantially cheaper. We do our best.

by Gadg17, Sunday, May 26, 2013, 14:25 (575 days ago) @ fl3tch

I share your frustration with the lack of support for the Bluetimes M1 box. The only build of XBMC that is anything like stable is a pre-alpha v12 from last October, which has limited compatibility with iOS/Android remotes - and addons like 4OD don't run Also no audio sync adjust, which it badly needs. Anyone know of a build with this function that will work on the M1 box? It's only nine months old but I'm seriously thinking of junking it in favour of a Raspberry Pi.

by fl3tch, Monday, May 27, 2013, 10:19 (575 days ago) @ Gadg17

I have given up on the M1, but there is a glimmer of hope for a linux firmware for c03ref boards. Should level the playing field for XBMC. see (here) post no's #1347 & #1349.

by Gadg17, Monday, May 27, 2013, 20:37 (574 days ago) @ fl3tch

Interesting. A shame it didn't happen earlier, if indeed it does happen.

by mano2508, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 18:42 (673 days ago) @ futeko.com

When i install this update via recovery mode my box will just show the orange light and nothing comes on the screen. How do i get it to work?

by ahussain381, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 10:51 (668 days ago) @ mano2508

When i install this update via recovery mode my box will just show the orange light and nothing comes on the screen. How do i get it to work?

This also happened to me. I then found out that recovery mode is in NTSC format and that my TV was not capable f displaying this. I then tried on a newer TV, and it worked. Hope this helps.

by si777, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 17:51 (667 days ago) @ futeko.com

Is there ever going to be an update for what is best to use on the mygiga 510b?? I've tried so many different versions of xbmc and still do not have a fully working version with no problems as yet. I really thought Futeko would have made another update after the December one still posted above. No word either after the official final release of xbmc. Gutted.

by bubblegum57, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:22 (667 days ago) @ si777

Try the xbmc linux version, not the android xbmc

by si777, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:45 (666 days ago) @ bubblegum57

Thanx I installed this and all works good now, apart from movies stutter for a bit at the start of films .

by Gadg17, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 21:18 (579 days ago) @ futeko.com
edited by Gadg17, Sunday, May 26, 2013, 14:20

For anyone with the Bluetimes M1 box from Futeko (probably others, too), the May 10 XBMC build for the Pivos XIOS seems to work well. The previous two Pivos builds wouldn't play any media. Download link. Among the changes, audio offset is enabled for the first time.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. This build worked for a few days then started behaving oddly and finally refused to load at all. Can only assume firmware incompatibility, but odd that it did work at first. Now reflashed and rolled back to Oct 9 2012 alpha build of XBMC, which has limited compatibility with iOS/Android remotes - and addons like 4OD don't run. Also no audio sync adjust, which it badly needs. Anyone know of a build with this function that will work on the M1 box? It's only nine months old but seriously thinking of junking it in favour of a Raspberry Pi.

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 11:06 (574 days ago) @ Gadg17

It's only nine months old but seriously thinking of junking it in favour of a Raspberry Pi.

The MyGica boxes we sell now have better ongoing firmware support than Bluetimes and wider community development. Rather than go for a Raspberry Pi, which is extremely underpowered these days, something like the MyGica 120 provides fast stable XBMC running on powerful hardware with a remote. All at a similar price to the Pi.

by Gadg17, Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 13:04 (574 days ago) @ futeko.com

Something like the MyGica 120 provides fast stable XBMC running on powerful hardware with a remote. All at a similar price to the Pi.

Raspberry Pi is £28 with free iOS/Android remote apps for XBMC. The MyGica stick is almost twice that and doesn't have an ethernet socket; its wifi performance would have to be massively better than the Bluetimes M1 to be viable. Besides, it shouldn't be necessary to upgrade when the original isn't even out of guarantee yet.

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 14:19 (573 days ago) @ Gadg17

The Pi doesn't have wi-fi, which is going to be a massive drawback for many people. Much more important than Ethernet.

It has only 512MB RAM, the processor runs at 700Mhz, and it is a single core ARM11. There have been no new commercial devices using an ARM11 core for more than a year now. It's prehistoric.

Total price is £34.02 for the cheapest Raspberry Pi including UK delivery.

That's without:

Casing (supplied with MyGica 120): £5.51
PSU (supplied with MyGica 120): £7.17
HDMI cable (supplied with MyGica 120): £1.19
IR extender to avoid having a circuit board sat in front of your TV (supplied with MyGica 120): NOT AVAILABLE FOR PI

I like the Raspberry Pi concept a lot (for teaching and getting people playing with computers in a constructive way) but it's definitely not the best solution for low cost XBMC right now.

About the Bluetimes M1, it was sold by us before Android XBMC even existed so we can't be blamed too much for compatibility being imperfect. I am surprised the Pivos builds don't work on it though, perhaps doing a clean firmware re-install and then installing the latest Pivos XBMC first might create a more stable installation.

by Gadg17, Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 14:36 (573 days ago) @ futeko.com
edited by Gadg17, Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 14:46

Raspberry Pi Model A = £20.05 inc VAT and delivery from official UK distributor. Model B = £28.07 inc VAT and delivery.
PSU = any spare 5v 1a mobile phone charger
Remote = free app on phone; no IR involved
Case = Lego bricks!
Prehistoric = Bluetimes customer service

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 14:50 (573 days ago) @ Gadg17

Model B is £28.07 excluding delivery from Farnell, the official distributor. Model A has 256MB RAM.

* Wi-fi remote apps don't make very responsive remotes.
* A lego brick case is a fantastic idea but most people will prefer a pre-supplied plastic case.
* Many people won't have a spare USB power supply unit plus cable.

If they brought out a new Pi based on a newer chipset I would be a bigger supporter. It's been around for a long time now and the hardware is looking old. The community support for it is fantastic though, I'll give it that.

by Gadg17, Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 16:01 (573 days ago) @ futeko.com

Total price is £34.02 for the cheapest Raspberry Pi including UK delivery.

Delivery is free from Farnell's consumer website cpc.farnell.com. I'm well aware that the £20 Model A has 256MB RAM - it was you who invoked it as a comparator but two hours ago you were marking it up to £34.
The question here is not which device has more power - obviously it's not the Rpi - but whether it is suitable for the specific purpose of running XBMC. There are demos aplenty on YouTube to suggest it is.

by futeko.com ⌂ @, Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 16:17 (573 days ago) @ Gadg17

If people want to buy the Raspberry Pi then that's OK by me. I'm not anti-Pi.! The concept is great :-)

THIS IS THE OLD (PRE JUNE 2013) FUTEKO FORUM.
THE NEW FORUM IS HERE

Acceptance Mark Terms & Conditions of Purchase
All prices include VAT at 20%
© futeko.com 2013